Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 03-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Gryneos

Healing Sound Through "Noise"

This is a cross-post from a different thread that was discussing isochronic sounds for other purposes, such as achieving altered states. In the process, one member managed to quell a migraine with a type of sound called "Impulse Noise." Here's Hope33's account of her experience with it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
Gryneos, I have to say that the impulse noise generator helped me tremendously with my migraine last night.
I actually fell alseep listening to it and (in astonishment) woke up painfree this morning. This never happens, as the migraine can last up to 3 days, with medication....it's brutal, I tell ya.

Again, thank you sooo very much for the recommendations..(((hugs)))
Now, while I'd read a comment of one person that had used a particular setting to reduce their migraine, I had no direct experience with it, and had no idea if it would work (I don't get headaches like so many people, and have never had a migraine.)

To me, this is an amazing example of just what sound is capable of doing for our bodies when it comes to healing them. I've only ever used binaural beats and similar sounds for relaxation and going into altered states. If any healing took place, it was subtle and worked over a long duration in compliment with other methods of healing. Thus, I can't tell how well the sound worked for my own healing.

I do highly recommend this site of natural and man-made noise-sounds if only for the relaxation aspect. If any of y'all have migraines or other pains that might benefit from these sounds, go ahead and give it a try then tell us what happened for you, good or bad. (The anti-migraine sound is here.)

(Admins, I thought this was a worthy cross-post, even if I had originally posted a thread for this site in the meditation forum. As the response there was "mild" I thought an actual member's healing experience would help other people use these sounds for their own benefit. If y'all think this is spamming the site, then I'll just link back to the original conversation in another thread )
Old 03-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Gryneos, I think this is an excellent place to put this thread. Amazing to find out that sounds can be used for healing. Learn something new every day

As for the thread in Meditation, that one had a totally different focus , it was more of a general " noise thread " so leave it as is. That isn't considered spamming.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Gryneos

Thanks, Adrienne

And while it already seems like participation will be equally light in this thread, some will at least look and listen to the links to hear for themselves. That's all I ask, really. Try it and see what it might do for you
Old 04-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Master
Gryneos - I agree that sounds can be healing or disturbing. Music has a very big effect of me, depending on how I feel. Most of the time I just listen to a tape with wave music on it. It makes me feel I'm gazing into the ocean from a warm sandy beach. Very therapeutic. I also just listen to my 2 wind chimes and most of the time, that's enough.

Blackraven
Old 04-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Gryneos

If you like ocean sounds blackraven, have a listen to what's available on that site. It's fully customizable, too, so you can soften or increase any part of the total output. Sometimes the sound from a single slider is all you need at any particular moment, just as with whatever music you like (as in one certain song/cut is all you want to hear at that time)
Old 04-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Deactivated Account

I find ocean sounds such as the waves along the shore, and rain falling and thunderstorms relaxing. One can just drift off into another world, listening to them. That site has just about any sound one could want to listen to , thanks for sharing Gryneos !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Master
Thanks for the link, Gryneos. I played around with it then bookmarked it!

Blackraven