Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-06-2023, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Doesn’t suffering all come from the mind.

I mean if you didn’t have the thought (good or bad) then the suffering attached to that thought wouldn’t exist. ...

perception >> instincts >> emotions >> (feelings) >> intellect >> intuition

Suffering is feelings. It is the intellectual processing of the emotions resulting from perceptions.

On the ladder of consciousness evolvement, there is no suffering before having an intellect. We might anthropomorphize a plant, an insect, an animal, but they don't actually suffer.

To truly get rid of suffering, we need to evolve, to develop intuition, and so correctly identify the belief that is the root cause of the given instance of suffering, remove and replace the detrimental belief with a constructive one.

Seth ...
"Illness and suffering are the results of the misdirection of creative energy."
"They are by-products of the learning process, created by you, in themselves quite neutral. On the other hand, your existence itself, the reality and nature of your planet, the whole existence in which you have these experiences, are also created by you"
—SS Part Two: Chapter 20: Session 580, April 12, 1971
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-06-2023, 06:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I read obituaries every day of people I have never heard of and I feel no sense of loss…..no suffering……
From my perspective, that is detrimental to you, and doesn't help with anything.

You may not consciously suffer, but excepting the case that you truly feel happy for those death-events, what you're doing causes you negative emotions that attract into your reality situations that will cause more negative emotions of some sort.

I recommend you stop doing that.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-06-2023, 10:11 PM
RE:Molearner said: ''I read obituaries every day of people I have never heard of and I feel no sense of loss…..no suffering……''
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
From my perspective, that is detrimental to you, and doesn't help with anything.

You may not consciously suffer, but excepting the case that you truly feel happy for those death-events, what you're doing causes you negative emotions...
I didn't understand this post..but wait, let's see if Mo, understood it...I mean, cuz it was to him.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-06-2023, 10:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
RE:Molearner said: ''I read obituaries every day of people I have never heard of and I feel no sense of loss…..no suffering……''
I didn't understand this post..
I meant that he may be happy, for example, that those souls graduated this class and are on to their next one, or some other way I don't know about.

I didn't mean "enjoyment of others' sorrow", if that's how it sounded to you.

To me, always learning about somebody's death, including pets, backyard wild life, plants, ..., brings sadness, in spite of my views on what life and death are.

I can't imagine his reading of the obituaries benefiting in anyway, anybody, but only being detrimental to him. I replied because I thought that he might not be aware of that.
Old 04-06-2023, 10:35 PM
Administrator
I Read the obituaries I look to see if anyone that I know is in there there usually is.
I cant say I feel nothing. I always look at them as a release

Namaste
Old 04-06-2023, 10:48 PM
Master
The concept of consciousness being neutral may leave some people feeling cold, but if consciousness is neither good nor bad, then it is also neither hot nor cold. The word “GOD” came from the word “Good,” and often people would say “God is good.”

Before pronouncing it as good it was pronounced as “goad.” This was long before organized religions came along. There were once religions that had no scripture, no holy books, and they worshipped Goad. God is viewed by most religions as a man but some view God as both male and female combined.

How a person views God or consciousness depends on their spiritual or religious orientation, or how they interpret their spiritual experience or writings. A Pantheist believes that everything is God, a Deists believes in a deity, which many include one or more deities. A Polytheists believes in many Gods, a Monotheists believes in one God that may or may not have human form. There are lots of belief systems about God.

There are those who believe that consciousness and God are one and the same while others say they are separate. Metaphysics teaches that everything is a vibration moving at various frequencies which extends from the Creator, while Quantum physics has a different opinion. Is consciousness the same as awareness?

People can be conscious and unaware which leaves me to believe that awareness may be an outgrowth of consciousness. This analogy may say that God is not consciousness but God may be absolute awareness, as most people believe that God is aware of everything and more. Lots of people who are conscious are not aware of God, still it is said that God is aware of them.

So what is awareness? Awareness in my opinion is light which allows us to see, and even pierce the veil of physical reality. It is neither hot nor cold but it is transformational. Awareness can and often does transform us, and yes, in my opinion awareness is neutral. We are custodians of life, indeed we are life itself; it is given to us to do with what we please for a period of time and then it is withdrawn.

The quality of our lives depends on how well we connect with the divine spark that is within us, in my opinion; “The Kingdom of Heaven is within you.” That divine spark which we all have within us is the likeness of what many call God. It mostly responds to those who give it their undivided attention. In my opinion.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

You may not consciously suffer, but excepting the case that you truly feel happy for those death-events, what you're doing causes you negative emotions that attract into your reality situations that will cause more negative emotions of some sort.

I recommend you stop doing that.

Hahaha……always interesting to receive unsolicited advice. Death is the reality situation that many people wish to avoid. There is a strong chain of interconnection in small towns and farming communities. Death is not met with terror and no one is looked at oddly for going to funerals…….
Old 05-06-2023, 12:37 AM
Master
I have seen lots of people die, doctors see lots of people die and many show no emotion over it. I have watched autopsies, dead people cut open and examined and the people who do this show no emotion. For me the most powerful was watching little children and babies who had died be autopsied. They often cut the head open and remove the brain in an autopsy, as well as organs that are in the body.

I asked a person in the morgue once who was doing an autopsy, how could they do this so calmly without emotion, and they said, its’ just a body and the person is no longer there. When I was an ambulance paramedic I lived in a funeral home. My small apartment was right across the hall from the embalming room, which always had its door open and someone was in there preparing the dead bodies for a funeral. They were usually whistling a tune while doing it.

Death does not bother me but there are times when I hear about someone dying that I feel grateful they were here on Earth when I was here on Earth and other times I feel nothing at all. Although mostly I get emotional about little kids who have died. I carried a dead baby in my arms once and it was a very powerful experience for me. I have had people almost scold me because I attended a friends funeral and did not cry. They wondered afterwards “how come you did not cry?”
Old 05-06-2023, 02:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Hahaha……always interesting to receive unsolicited advice. ...
When you post on a forum, you enter a conversation, so the replies aren't "unsolicited". Also, I presented my perspective on what you described. Maybe I shouldn't have used the formulation "I recommend you stop doing that." Re-reading it now, it doesn't reflect my intention: it wasn't really an advice, as I don't advise anybody to adopt my beliefs (nor anybody else's).
Old 05-06-2023, 02:26 AM
Master

Inavalan…..you state

I totally agree with this statement because I believe things really DO effect us on a subliminal level even when we think they haven’t. I have read about various studies done on this effect and it is quite convincing.