Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-04-2023, 11:47 AM
Guide

BEFORE THE UNIVERSE WAS BORN -"I AM"

Here I would like to share an experience I had over forty years ago now, when
I had been meditating daily for about 5 years. I was sitting in my armchair still
and focused lightly on my breathing, when suddenly I exited my physical body
and within my astral body rose up into the universe, I was acutely hyper aware
of moving at a speed that light seemed to be moving at a snails pace, hardly moving at all. I speeded past the solar system in a blink of an eye and was moving through this universe at what seemed to be an infinite speed almost Instantaneously motioning beyond the known universe, then the stars vanished
and all was black, then the blackness vanished, and an inner voice said that
before the universe was born "I AM" here is this point of ALLNESS no thing was
there, no light, no darkness, Absolute nothingness in an Absolute VOID of NO
THING NESS. all that was PRESENT in the eternal unborn VOID was my awareness of being I AM. I was awestruck at this awareness ALONE in an eternal VOID. Then instantly motion gripped me in its awesome embrace and
I was moving at a pace beyond human understanding and way beyond light
speed, which seemed to hardly be moving at all. Suddenly stars appeared
then our solar system then I was plunged back into my physical body with
a tremendous Jolt.
I have had other experiences over the years but not quite like this one,
I would be interested in others recalling their experiences while meditating.
warmest regards michael.
Old 14-04-2023, 11:51 AM
Administrator
Sounds great Michael but i have not had it,
it could be because i rarely meditate

Namaste
Old 14-04-2023, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
...and all was black, then the blackness vanished, no light, no darkness, Absolute nothingness in an Absolute VOID of NO
THING NESS. all that was PRESENT in the eternal unborn VOID this awareness ALONE in an eternal VOID.
Yes. And you use my same words. I think it's good to share these things - to recall them for ourselves, sure -but to remind
some others that there is something else going on! ha!

But...I could not comprehend your exp of no light, yet no darkness - blackness vanished. My head tilted like my dog's....huh?
The utter aloneness was so dramatic - and my first thought afterwards
was,
Ah - I understood 'why Creation' now...such aloneness.
People wonder so on forums I visit -Why did God create all this? Why are we here?
Well, I know why!!! Who would ever want just that degree of Alone For Eternity.

It is quite profound, many don't understand the depths or heights beyond the 'normal everyday' mind one can experience
or travel to just sitting in meditation...I do think, and it's not just me,
the grace of the master/teacher/guru speeds things along.
Seems it was you that mentioned a guru...I get mixed up who is who, cuz I'm too stupid to jot things down.

As we might all remember the tap Yogananda had from his future master- guru at their first meeting in the alley!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2023, 04:06 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Sounds great Michael but i have not had it,
it could be because i rarely meditate
Blessings native spirit, I am sure you have had plenty experiences as well over the years, its good to contact you again.

regards michael.
Old 14-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Ascender
I had landed in a similar "place", and reported it here (bottom of the page):
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...=141762&page=6

It was more than a year ago, I meditated every day and reached the samadhi concentration.
It didn't happen with my astral body, but my consciousness alone,
I absorbed myself totally in a single point of concentration, so it was "I" as consciousness,
I lost all sensations from my physical body, but didn't leave it, so to speak,
I mean, once only the consciousness remains, the experience is the same as leaving the body
I went through many tunnels (black holes) and finally landed in a huge blank space
It was very strange, because I remember going back and forth between my body and that space
And when I was in there, absorbed, nothing existed, no sensation, nothing.

I didn't like the experience much! How does "blank" feel? Blank. What is nothingness? Nothing.
I guess it's not meant to be visited very often lol
The closest experience in "normal" life would be: you have been driving alone all day
and you arrive at a hotel in a room with no energy, no pain, no sensation, nothing
As if ... you had enough, and there is nothing to do, except waiting for the next day

So, indeed I felt it was where it all started.

However, as I mentioned, it was "almost infinite". I couldn't tell if it was within something bigger, like in a universe of universes.

---

Apart from this one, I had countless meditation experiences, it's hard to pick one.

Maybe one I had this summer, the impression left, but for a period of time when the energy was high,
and more specifically during a deep meditation, I found myself in a space shuttle
I was with someone else, and we were waiting
at that moment, I felt that the reality there was the true reality
Here on earth, it felt like a dream, what I'm doing now, what I'm writing
all of that was created as a sort of video game for my own enjoyment or training
while I am (we are) actually traveling to some other place in the universe
we may need to go through this "video game" or simulation until we understand
until it doesn't feel real anymore, and then I guess we go to another reality
could be that, or a million of other things!

EDIT: after taking a shower, among the million of other things,
maybe in the end we'll be able to live "a day in the life of" ...
any being, any creature, at any time in history
how cool would it be?! it could be the training material for the next universe

Last edited by Guillaume : 14-04-2023 at 05:40 PM.
Old 14-04-2023, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
I went through many tunnels (black holes) and finally landed in a huge blank space
... nothing existed, no sensation, nothing.
I didn't like the experience much! How does "blank" feel? Blank. What is nothingness? Nothing.
Ah, Excellent! You are very honest...if I gave it more thought it was not an ''enjoyable exp' for me either...
it just 'was' ...new, different, fascinating....and then, ''Ok , I wanna go now....this is pretty weird."

But, it was useful to enter this 'place'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2023, 07:27 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes. And you use my same words. I think it's good to share these things - to recall them for ourselves, sure -but to remind
some others that there is something else going on! ha!
Thank you for your input here Miss Hepburn, coincidental that you mentioned
Yogananda as i have just bought his book this week, I had a copy years ago
but lost it, may I mention another book a very small one but profound called
The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar, it is also an amazing little book.
Blessings Miss Hepburn
regards michael.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-08-2023 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 14-04-2023, 08:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
it just 'was' ...new, different, fascinating....and then, ''Ok , I wanna go now....this is pretty weird."
Ahah, exactly!
Old 14-04-2023, 10:26 PM
Master
The inky black void experience, yes ~ the non spacial vibrant aliveness of formless presence of us in it. But perhaps there are different void experiences in that, the one I was in was differentiated awareneness, meaning I was there as an identity and God (or a higher presence, one with God) was there also and I was able to communicate within the darkness, my questions were answered with telepathic communication and visuals.

The black void experience happened twice in active cognition (I suspect it is like our deep sleep state which we lose awareness of) and the third time when the experience was about to be triggered, I requested the all-ness of God-presence to visit me in body this time ~ almost playfully, like I have visited you twice, so now it’s ‘your’ turn to visit me! And so it was, triggering direct sight of Hirayangarbha* (*cosmic egg) which split and I saw the one becoming two, as male and female polarities (Shiva and Shakti) descending from head to heart, resulting in union and an explosion of boundless bliss, which has never abated for a moment thereafter, becoming a permanent embodiment of being. So from Ramana’s point of view, reality as ‘something that does not come and go’.

As such, wondrous though all this is, I’d say, at least as in it applied to in my experience, the inky black void (there can be voids within voids?) I was in, was yet duality because I was there and ‘He’ was there, hence two, though entwined with the bond of unconditional love.

The singularity of luminous Self is another matter but here we’re talking about the void.
Old 16-04-2023, 12:32 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The inky black void experience, yes ~ the non spacial vibrant aliveness of formless presence of us in it. But perhaps there are different void experiences in that, the one I was in was differentiated awareneness, meaning I was there as an identity and God (or a higher presence, one with God) was there also and I was able to communicate within the darkness, my questions were answered with telepathic communication and visuals.
Blessings Un seeking seeker, for your wise insights here, I guess there can be more than one void, all I was aware of was just I am awareness, no other thing seemed to be present, The "I" alone was SELF aware. Ramana Maharshi often talks of an "I" "I" self what comes to me is that there are
three "I"s which make a perfect triangle, that of Brahman-Shakti-Ishwara,
three lines of force that make the trinty of relative expression? What do
you think?

regards michael,

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-04-2023 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences