Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Pathfinder

Are you what happened to you?

Hi everyone. I think everyone has experienced one kind of trauma or another. Some people even become identified with that trauma.
In my honest opinion it's who you are now that makes you who you are. Not what happened to you. If you decided to identify with that traumatic event then that makes you who you are.
I suppose what I am trying to say is that I don't think it's what happened to you but it's your own decisions that make you who you are. I think we always do have a decision but who you are now is the important part.
Thoughts?
Old 17-03-2023, 09:51 PM
Master

i dunno. yesterday one of those affirmation things popped up on my cell (I really don't know why I get them lol) and said something about 'you are what you are by the grace of god'. Which kinda said to me, you don't really get to choose everything you are, some of what you are was bestowed by god. And yeah that is something I think about sometimes, this crazy life I have, I am so very aware that if god didn't want me to have it I wouldn't. And yet I do.

Sigh.
Old 17-03-2023, 10:32 PM
Master

As I believe that the "present" is the point of power from which the past and the future are continuously re-created, I'd say that "the past as you remember it" is actually the present-you, it reflects your current inner state of being.

So, your present and your past aren't disconnected, but the causality is reversed.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-03-2023, 11:12 PM
Thoughts? What a unique topic!!!

Who else is responsible? I believe that yes I am ...with some huge Grace...meaning a gift from God once in awhile.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-03-2023, 12:16 AM
Master
True, if my tired brain (it's late) understands it well. And also what Joe Dispenza and Abraham Hicks have been teaching for decades.
But then there's the big 'but'... Everyone has experienced some form of trauma in life and overcoming / letting go of the effects of that is not so easy.
These things create neural networks in the brain and you'd have to un-create these to become a different person, free from those effects. That takes time and a helluva lot of dedication.
Simply saying an affirmation isn't going to cut it, especially not as affirmations don't really work, not the way most do them anyways.
It takes deeper work, daily -hence the dedication- and you have to keep doing.
You can decide in the moment to be different, but with many things that will last 1 hour, or a day, maybe a week, and then you're back in the old program.
You can change that, but again, takes time & dedication and the right approach. If you implement all that you can have very fast results.
Old 18-03-2023, 12:28 AM
Master

You know that it takes so long, and so much work to change ... because that's what you believe and expect. Change is fueled by intention, and impeded by contrary beliefs and expectations.

Most people are conditioned to believe that "no pain no gain", ... That is so untrue, and so detrimental!

This reminds a quote: "Those who sweat look like they are working".

===============
NOTE: I used here "you" with its impersonal meaning, not addressing anybody in particular.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-03-2023, 05:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
I think everyone has experienced one kind of trauma or another. ... If you decided to identify with that traumatic event then that makes you who you are. ... I don't think it's what happened to you but it's your own decisions that make you who you are.
I think that there is more to it than just making a decision about what we identify with.

A traumatic event makes an imprint, mentally and emotionally and even physically. The imprints of such traumatic events can go very deep, especially the events of childhood. The decision on a mental level to not identify with that event does not remove the imprint. As FairyCrystal said, it may work for an hour or so but the old patterns remain and we end up back in the old program.

And what is this imprint? It is the unresolved impact of the trauma. A part of us has frozen at the moment of trauma, and the effects of the trauma have become locked in within us. Which can affect our lives in subtle and unsubtle ways for years afterwards.

And the solution? To go within and re-experience the trauma, to reconnect with whatever happened and how we responded, to unblock that part of us which froze and has been blocked ever since. This is a cathartic release of trapped energies. We are dropping a burden we may not even have known we were carrying. And so we feel lighter, freer, and a huge sense of relief.

This is more than just making a decision about what we identify with. We can mentally tell ourselves not to identify with a past event, but if we are still carrying the burden of that event then where is the benefit?

Peace
Old 18-03-2023, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You know that it takes so long, and so much work to change ... because that's what you believe and expect. Change is fueled by intention, and impeded by contrary beliefs and expectations.

Most people are conditioned to believe that "no pain no gain", ... That is so untrue, and so detrimental!
Assuming you're responding to me? Not clear, maybe quote next time.
I know it does as I have educated myself.
And if you read my post you had also seen the last sentence...
It all starts with a decision and then sticking to that no matter what, every day. Many who do the work right -by which I mostly mean Joe Dispenza's 'method' as that is the best, most direct path currently available- see results within a week, others 3 months, others longer.
It could happen fast for all, if it doesn't it's because of what Joe D. says: "You're not that good yet."
The whole thing is simple and logical, so simple that it becomes difficult for us. We like things to be complex and difficult, then we can sink our teeth into it and 'fight' it. Easy ways is not really what we're used to.
But in any case... there are quite a lot of people that have healed from serious disease within a week by going to his week-long.
Some have done this is 2-3 months without going but by reading his book and doing (one of) his meditations.
The other day he told the story of one woman who'd had her thyroid removed. After doing the work blood test showed she was again producing thyroid based hormones. They checked it and she had grown a new thyroid!
When we really set ourselves to it there's nothing we cannot achieve, certainly not concerning healing, and it can happen in a very short time. IF you do it right.

Just like there are people in the world over 120 yrs old, even said there are people of over 200 yrs old alive today!
Not in crazy stress-based Western lifestyle societies though...
And we Westerners would say, "That is NOT possible!!!" Yet science has said a couple decades ago there is no prove whatsoever that we should age and die around 85 yrs of age. Under the right circumstances -which is a non-Western lifestyle- we can live hundreds of years as we then keep renewing our telomeres.

But alas...
Old 18-03-2023, 10:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Assuming you're responding to me? Not clear, maybe quote next time. ...

I especially made it clear in my post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

===============
NOTE: I used here "you" with its impersonal meaning, not addressing anybody in particular.
Old 19-03-2023, 01:02 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
If you decided to identify with that traumatic event then that makes you who you are.

If you are speaking in terms of one truly traumatic event in a person's life, you may have a point. You can isolate that memory, deal with it, and move on.

But if you are speaking in terms of long-term conditioning it gets murkier. Children who suffer years of abuse, for example. How are they to make a decision to turn their back on that, if it is all they have ever experienced?

It's rather like telling someone who has suffered incredible loss to "get over it, already." It isn't just a decision, sadly.