Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-09-2022, 08:58 AM
Guide

What do you do when a crystal gives you negative feelings

I love Peridot. Even as a child I was attracted to it and I still am. There is something unique in that special color of green that you don't find in other crystals.

However, I have found that when wearing it as a pendant it brings out the negative in me. I get feelings of agitation and I'm getting shorttempered. It feels like it is colliding with something inside myself.

I've noticed that there are two kinds of people working with crystals. Those that say that when a crystals feels negative it's not meant for you and you should switch to another crystal that makes you feel better.
But also those that say that if a crystal gives you negative feelings it is working as intended and digging up old issues that should be dealt with. That bringing it up is a gift of the crystal so you can deal with it.

At the moment I don't know where I'm standing on this issue. I think I lean more towards the second view but sometimes taking a break with a crystal that is soothing. Sure would like to know how others see this.
Old 28-09-2022, 09:43 AM
And I say, life is short....wear what makes you feel good to you and those around you!
Leave the neg stuff for therapy. Lol.
That's just me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Master
The way I see it there is not one rule of thumb as it depends on which crystal.
And apart from that it can also vary per day, moment of the day, how you use it, and so on.

Peridot is a very powerful stone, and I don't think many know this? It is so powerful that it supresses other crystals and as such it's a solo crystal.

Since it is so powerful it may not be the right choice for a pendant. But again, that is for now. Next week, tomorrow, next year etc. it can be different.
Maybe for now work with it for shorter periods of time, like holding it for a while, then putting it away.
Also, as a pendant it is likely on or close to the heart and peridot works very powerfully on the (physical) heart (among other things) which may also not be handy and stir up things.

It also strengthens your own power and mastery but... here you may have the connection with what you experience. In order to embody your strength & mastery you'd have to clear out the closet.
If that's the case, that it is helping you get to mastery etc., it may be a better choice to just hold the peridot, or have it close to you, but not wear it for any length of time (yet) as a pendant.

I must say this is one reason why I personally am not so keen on crystals as pendants as you then wear it the whole day, and if busy (work) you won't pay heed to what it actually does to you. Maybe you even put it on without much thought.

In any case, my advise would be to not wear it, but to work with it in other ways and see if it then is okay. Maybe in time you can wear it without a problem.
Also bear in mind other stuff that's going on right now: we have 6 or 7 planets retrograde which has a tremendous effect on us!
It is possible that after this period of many Rx you can wear it without much trouble.

All that is for this crystal for this moment in time.
Like I said, there is no one rule of thumb. (my view)
Old 28-09-2022, 10:49 PM
Ascender

Cleanse the crystal before getting rid of it. Peridot is supposed to be a balancing stone. Helping to remove blockages. Everything I've just read about the stone is that it is calming. So put the pendant in a small dish of salt. Recharge with selenite and then see how it feels wearing it. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't work with crystals, I just collect them, lol.
Old 28-09-2022, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
Cleanse the crystal before getting rid of it. Peridot is supposed to be a balancing stone. Helping to remove blockages. Everything I've just read about the stone is that it is calming. So put the pendant in a small dish of salt. Recharge with selenite and then see how it feels wearing it. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't work with crystals, I just collect them, lol.
Then I do hope you don't put crystals on salt.
That can damage a crystal.
Old 29-09-2022, 04:04 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Then I do hope you don't put crystals on salt.
That can damage a crystal.

depends on the crystal, doesn't it? The softer ones that you can't get wet, probably. But salt has been recommended for clearing crystals for a long time.
Old 29-09-2022, 08:33 AM
Guide

Thanks for the input. It's true Peridot is a very powerful crystal and not wearing it all the time may be the best.

There is something else. I think that being exposed to crystals and their effects, either positive or negative, is in itself a beautiful thing because it teaches us to feel energies and become more open to them. That in itself is a very positive thing, at least I think so. Also, I'm glad to have a lot of crystals in my collection. Some will make me feel great and happy, others will dig deep and transmute. I'm grateful to have both kinds.

Last edited by Sylmar : 29-09-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 29-09-2022, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
depends on the crystal, doesn't it? The softer ones that you can't get wet, probably. But salt has been recommended for clearing crystals for a long time.
Yes, and for the longest time this has been corrected.
Salt can get in minute openings & fissures and since salt absorbs & attracts moisture it can cause cracks or breaking. And regardless, salt is aggressive it affects and does damage inside a crystal. We may not see any openings but many crystals have them, including minute break line/fissures.
If you want to use that on your crystals it's your choice. But it's not good advice.
Old 29-09-2022, 08:42 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Salt can get in minute openings & fissures and since salt absorbs & attracts moisture it can cause cracks or breaking. And regardless, salt is aggressive it affects and does damage inside a crystal. We may not see any openings but many crystals have them, including minute break line/fissures.
If you want to use that on your crystals it's your choice. But it's not good advice.

Good to know. Like I said, I don't work with them. I just collect them and display them to enjoy looking at them. The most that I do is dust them with swiffer if they are large. I have a particular fondness for quartz and quartz based gem clusters.
Old 29-09-2022, 08:59 PM
Administrator
I smudge my crystals these are not a one size fits everyone thing.
what vibration do you get from it.

Namaste