Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-09-2020, 08:26 PM
Pathfinder

Question on crystal and previous owners

Hello! Is it recommended to buy a stone or a crystal that was owned by someone else before us?
Old 16-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Knower
I don’t see a problem, as long as you first cleanse the crystal and then let it rest and recharge for a while.

Most important thing in my opinion is to connect with the crystal after cleansing and recharging. Getting to know it. Getting acquainted with it.

I’m not familiar with crystals that might have been programmed by someone else before you get them, but there’s a chance that you need to deprogram it.

https://www.crystalgenn.com/clearing...-how-to-clear/

Last edited by Castor : 16-09-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 16-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Its fine, I have bought second owner crystals. I also hold on to many crystals before I sell them off.

If your buying from merchants, they can go through thousands of hands for months.

Cleansing or a good cleansing sage ritual may help. I personally don't do anything to my crystals, unless they are dirty/dusty. It doesn't effect me neither good or bad. Although, I do overall home cleanings ( burning sage or palo santo sticks)
Old 16-09-2020, 03:07 PM
Master
It is possible of course, I've done so a few times, but I prefer not to.
Make sure you cleanse them very well, and indeed maybe check if there's a program on it.
I've had 2 occasions where the crystal needed extra work, one of these I couldn't get it cleared myself and had to call in help from a friend.
Another time there was nothing wrong with the crystal but the man was selling due to financial problems and the crystal was really sad about having to go. it was totally fine after a while and really happy to be with me.
But I prefer new crystals. And yes, they may have been handled by people but that's entirely different from someone working with it intensively or the crystal doing that for the owner.
You do of course have to go to a good shop if you want the luxury of carefree buying. I also know crystal shops with crystals that are totally 'dirty'. But with a good shop... I never had to cleanse anything after purchasing.
Old 16-09-2020, 11:33 PM
Knower
I don't worry about it, even though I've had some negative experiences. I don't worry personally because when there is a problem, I know I will hear about it. Another way could be to feel the vibrations or meditate with it.

I think it's a beautiful thing to take in a previously owned crystal. It gives that crystal the chance to be loved and cherished, which it possibly didn't get in its previous setting.
Old 17-09-2020, 12:40 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 28-09-2020, 04:35 AM
Newbie ;)

For me it would depend on who I got it from. The amethyst I gave my husband was initially mine, but when I realized it should go to him, I made sure to put good intentions in it, I even wrapped it in his shirt for a few days before giving it to him. So basically the crystal went to him with the most love and positive energy it could ever have. So for me it would depend on the energy and intention of the person who previously had it.

If i didn't know the person, I would have to pick it up and hold it before purchasing it. I would need to read the energy.

You can cleanse a stone nevertheless. Personally I would rather not have to if I can avoid it. Its really up to each person what they would want to do. There is nothing wrong with getting a previously own crystal.
Old 28-09-2020, 09:02 AM
Newbie ;)

It seems to me that the standard cleansing through salt and the sounds of the Tibetan bowl is quite enough to remove someone else's energy. I am not afraid to buy crystals second hand.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor
I don’t see a problem, as long as you first cleanse the crystal and then let it rest and recharge for a while.

Most important thing in my opinion is to connect with the crystal after cleansing and recharging. Getting to know it. Getting acquainted with it.

I’m not familiar with crystals that might have been programmed by someone else before you get them, but there’s a chance that you need to deprogram it.

https://www.crystalgenn.com/clearing...-how-to-clear/

Try installing windows 98 onto it
Old 04-10-2020, 12:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stug88
Try installing windows 98 onto it

Huh?