Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Master

if you take a good look at the various Christian outpourings of 'truth' it's rational to think they do have some truth in what they say but are still far from the ultimate truth. this assumes there is such a thing as 'ultimate truth' but no-one has proved there isn't just not what exactly it is so the search for it continues. as evidence against claims to knowing the ultimate truth one can present any time force or coercion has been used - and the fact that certain phonies use Christian beliefs to enrich themselves and have a lot of wealth to show for it, appearing on Christian TV channels who show no desire for discernment but will sell out to anyone who contributes to their platform
Old 15-09-2020, 01:17 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
if you take a good look at the various Christian outpourings of 'truth' it's rational to think they do have some truth in what they say but are still far from the ultimate truth. this assumes there is such a thing as 'ultimate truth' but no-one has proved there isn't just not what exactly it is so the search for it continues. as evidence against claims to knowing the ultimate truth one can present any time force or coercion has been used - and the fact that certain phonies use Christian beliefs to enrich themselves and have a lot of wealth to show for it, appearing on Christian TV channels who show no desire for discernment but will sell out to anyone who contributes to their platform
"Follow the money." Works for politics and often works for religion as well, especially when the two become as one.

They like to tell you they understand and preach the ultimate all encompassing truth, but in truth, their knowledge falls woefully short.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...23&version=ESV
Old 15-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi Soul Seeker...
I will prefer the words of others on Gnosticism. The main reason is they are basing their views on the scriptures. Jesus didn't taught ''demiurge'' or other stuff that many Gnostics believe in (such as reincarnation, which isn't a match with Biblical themes). Second, you have multiple times mentioned that you think the supernatural isn't real, which would mean you are a materialist. How can you then be a representative of Gnosticism? I agree with Morpheus when he says it (Gnosticism) is like a New Age, because it seems anyone can call himself a Gnostic. There isn't really a foundation. You referring to New Age teachers just proves that point.

Your commentary to the six differences displays your personal concerns. You have a social justice warrior identity, which makes it very hard, if not impossible, to have a conversation about Christianity in a more nuanced way. You focused on stuff that you associate with Christianity. If you study history you'll find that many issues you're so concerned about were fixed by Christians.

"stuff that many Gnostics believe in (such as reincarnation, "

There are no supernatural beliefs in Gnostic Christianity.

We are esoteric ecumenists and not stupid.

Whose set of stupid supernatural beliefs would we choose?

As to new age. I promote the old and better ways the very same way Jesus did.

Calling meditation new age shows how little you know of the old age.

Regards
DL
Old 15-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
"stuff that many Gnostics believe in (such as reincarnation, "

There are no supernatural beliefs in Gnostic Christianity.
There are supernatural things such as the demiurge, and salvation from the material world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
As to new age. I promote the old and better ways the very same way Jesus did.

Calling meditation new age shows how little you know of the old age.

Regards
DL
Wasn't talking about meditation..
Your materialist perspective is not Gnostic. You having non-spiritual perspectives and picking New Age authors proves my point that you 'act' like the New Age does. You do as you please ((which you are 100% entitled to ;> )) with choosing beliefs, but that doesn't make you Gnostic. Gnostics believe in spiritual phenomena and entities. More information; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism
Old 15-09-2020, 04:23 PM
janielee

Quote:
There are supernatural things such as the demiurge, and salvation from the material world.

Quote:
Hi Soul Seeker...
I will prefer the words of others on Gnosticism. The main reason is they are basing their views on the scriptures. Jesus didn't taught ''demiurge'' or other stuff that many Gnostics believe in (such as reincarnation, which isn't a match with Biblical themes). Second, you have multiple times mentioned that you think the supernatural isn't real, which would mean you are a materialist. How can you then be a representative of Gnosticism? I agree with Morpheus when he says it (Gnosticism) is like a New Age, because it seems anyone can call himself a Gnostic. There isn't really a foundation. You referring to New Age teachers just proves that point.

Your commentary to the six differences displays your personal concerns. You have a social justice warrior identity, which makes it very hard, if not impossible, to have a conversation about Christianity in a more nuanced way. You focused on stuff that you associate with Christianity. If you study history you'll find that many issues you're so concerned about were fixed by Christians.

I am finally seeing how some Christians go about proletyzing in other forums e.g. Buddhism ones - not to genuinely inquire (as per the admission that they have no interest), but to cast doubt on those faiths.

And this is where I disrespect modern day Christianity and the people it sometimes produces.

JL
Old 15-09-2020, 04:24 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i as evidence against claims to knowing the ultimate truth one can present any time force or coercion has been used - and the fact that certain phonies use Christian beliefs to enrich themselves and have a lot of wealth to show for it, appearing on Christian TV channels who show no desire for discernment but will sell out to anyone who contributes to their platform

Yes, some are surely very rich from it all.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:07 PM
Master
Jesus stated, I am the way, the Truth, and the Life."

Why is there a question about it?

As far as those who enrich themselves, God is their judge.
If you are concerned about your money, keep it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-09-2020, 08:48 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:

Wasn't talking about meditation..
Your materialist perspective is not Gnostic. You having non-spiritual perspectives and picking New Age authors proves my point that you 'act' like the New Age does. You do as you please ((which you are 100% entitled to ;> )) with choosing beliefs, but that doesn't make you Gnostic. Gnostics believe in spiritual phenomena and entities. More information; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Thanks for telling me about me.

Regards
DL
Old 16-09-2020, 08:52 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Jesus stated, I am the way, the Truth, and the Life."

Why is there a question about it?

As far as those who enrich themselves, God is their judge.
If you are concerned about your money, keep it.

Because there are more than one way.

You can honor genocide, homophobia and misogyny, be a Christian.

Or you can dishonor them the way universalist Gnostic Christians do.

What do you choose to honor?

Regards
DL
Old 20-09-2020, 08:02 PM
Master
You've deluded yourself, farce. There is no more than one way.

God involves all that there is. Everything.
Who you've judged... and in the end, Who will judge you.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein