Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 22-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
cool... you know then that really if you are calling a vibration a sine wave then anything that is periodic can be described as a grouping of such? Including an aperiodic sequence of pulses? So for any 'real' thing you want to build out of 'sine wave' vibrations you wouldn't just choose one frequency, you would carefully choose a group of 'related' frequencies and mold them together. And yes both frequency and amplitude matter...
a sine wave is a vibration, sure, but there's no such thing as a pure one. In a lab you can get down to very low distortion but it's still there. I built one at a fixed frequency for testing purposes. It still has c 0.05% distortion as can be seen on a spectral analyser. It's possible to do better but I had no need. The sine output of my freq generator gives about 0.2% at 5kHz.

No, an aperiodic group of pulses is technically 'noise'; it's vibration is irregular so frequency cannot be determined and it's usual to talk about distribution within a band (octave or decade). It can't be compared with a periodic frequency.

Quote:
Interestingly when you try to describe a 'square' wave as such, you have a large amplitude lowest frequency, and smaller amplitude higher frequencies. The lower frequency gives the approximate period and height of the wave, and the higher frequencies give it sharpness/detail. So it would seem that contrary to popular opinion if you want to build something the lower can matter much more than the higher in terms of giving it overall form... but really both are necessary if you intend to get a specific shape.
I got a bit confused with what you're saying here. "the lower can matter much more than the higher?" Are you talking about distinct frequencies or the harmonics on a fundamental of fixed frequency?

A square wave is built on odd numbered harmonics the limits of which are dependent on its rise time and duty cycle (which subtracts from the lower-numbered ones). The fundamental (the frequency quoted) is inevitably going to be larger in amplitude than the harmonics - by how much depends on the resonances of the thing producing the sound so it may not remain truly square.
It's the 'sawtooth' that contains all the harmonics, more useful than square wave in subtractive synthesis. An 'ideal' one contains harmonics at an amplitude inversely proportional to the harmonic number.

Quote:
but it might not be easy to experiment with emotions even if one wanted to because everyone already knows which emotions one should feel and which ones one shouldn't feel (to be accepted in whichever social group they want to remain in)... so studying emotions in any objective way on the basis of the emotions themselves rather than on the social implications of having or not having them is somewhat impossible...
I concluded that about the o/p.
And still believe this talk about "raising vibrations" is snake oil but if it makes people feel batter, fine. Just my view.
Old 22-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
In other words, what proof is there that positive emotions have higher vibrations and negative emotions have lower vibrations?

If you want, ill give you a simple explanation.

There is a basic knowledge, which you may or may not know:
With high vibratory emotions you are able to manifest miracles. You have only to think, just at the right time and poof, miracles.

The explanation:
You have an inner self and an outer self.
When you have a negative emotion, then something is trying to lower the emotions (which is short for energy in motion).

The reason why you call it 'negative' is obvious (if you consider the above basic principle):

A situation, which you do not like, has happened. Knowing that using emotions would manifest a repeated pattern, you send a though to your inner self to lower the emotions.
Therefore it tries to lower the energy, and you experience this as very negative, because it is draining. Usually this produces a fear response.

Almost always is the Ego involved with every negative emotional state.
The Ego - or better say the Ego-based-thinking is causing the problems.

There is a way, to let the emotions be directed in a way, in which every emotion would produce miracles, always.
But this needs training.

The trick is to know that there is only 1 emotion, only ONE. The difference between positive and negative emotion is the Direction.
If it Is raising - then it is Positive. If it is falling then it is negative.

Thanks for reading.
Old 22-08-2020, 06:21 PM
ketzer

Quote:
cool... you know then that really if you are calling a vibration a sine wave then anything that is periodic can be described as a grouping of such? Including an aperiodic sequence of pulses? So for any 'real' thing you want to build out of 'sine wave' vibrations you wouldn't just choose one frequency, you would carefully choose a group of 'related' frequencies and mold them together. And yes both frequency and amplitude matter...

Interestingly when you try to describe a 'square' wave as such, you have a large amplitude lowest frequency, and smaller amplitude higher frequencies. The lower frequency gives the approximate period and height of the wave, and the higher frequencies give it sharpness/detail. So it would seem that contrary to popular opinion if you want to build something the lower can matter much more than the higher in terms of giving it overall form... but really both are necessary if you intend to get a specific shape.

Hmmmm.... does it need to be periodic or is perhaps every thing periodic. I mean given that any from can supposedly be constructed as a combination of sine waves through(with?) a Fourier Series.
Check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0cmAV-Yek

I think I read you right about the square wave. The lower frequency higher amplitude would correspond to the large radius slower rotating circle (wiper in the vid) that establishes the period, while the faster rotating smaller radius wipers (higher frequency lower amplitude waves) progressively dial in the finer shape of the wave.

Anyway to tie this back to the thread, if we think of the quantum field as fluctuating (vibrating) with a superposition of different frequency and amplitude waves, it becomes a mater of filtering out the waves one would need to construct the mater they wish to see created. Kind of like that video, but in 3d rather than 2d.
Old 22-08-2020, 06:34 PM
ketzer

"aperiodic group of pulses"
That sounds like an excellent name for a grunge rock garage band.

Anyway, as one example of how vibration can be used to directly affect emotion.
Check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVWTQcZbLgY
Old 22-08-2020, 07:24 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
These electrocardiograms suggest that positive feelings (appreciation) exhibit lower frequencies than negative feelings (anger).
I guess, the "higher vibration" is just a figurative expression.
Where did you get those from?
Old 22-08-2020, 07:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

No, an aperiodic group of pulses is technically 'noise'; it's vibration is irregular so frequency cannot be determined and it's usual to talk about distribution within a band (octave or decade). It can't be compared with a periodic frequency.
except that as with everything else it COULD be described mathematically as a union of various other frequencies
Quote:

I got a bit confused with what you're saying here. "the lower can matter much more than the higher?" Are you talking about distinct frequencies or the harmonics on a fundamental of fixed frequency?

in the example given, the lower frequencies do more to give it basic form, the higher ones fill in more and more detail...
Quote:

A square wave is built on odd numbered harmonics the limits of which are dependent on its rise time and duty cycle (which subtracts from the lower-numbered ones). The fundamental (the frequency quoted) is inevitably going to be larger in amplitude than the harmonics - by how much depends on the resonances of the thing producing the sound so it may not remain truly square.

It's the 'sawtooth' that contains all the harmonics, more useful than square wave in subtractive synthesis. An 'ideal' one contains harmonics at an amplitude inversely proportional to the harmonic number.

hehehe... yeah once you start in on it you can combine things in various ways and get different results...
Old 22-08-2020, 07:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hmmmm.... does it need to be periodic or is perhaps every thing periodic. I mean given that any from can supposedly be constructed as a combination of sine waves through(with?) a Fourier Series.
Check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0cmAV-Yek

yeah that is one of the basics mathematically, the fourier or harmonic series can be used to describe any waveform. It basically describes the waveform as a union of 'pure' sine waves with differing frequencies and amplitudes, where the frequencies/amplitudes are chosen based on what you are trying to build. I think you can describe things which aren't periodic but much easier to describe periodic things with this foundation...
Quote:
I think I read you right about the square wave. The lower frequency higher amplitude would correspond to the large radius slower rotating circle (wiper in the vid) that establishes the period, while the faster rotating smaller radius wipers (higher frequency lower amplitude waves) progressively dial in the finer shape of the wave.
exactly....
Quote:
Anyway to tie this back to the thread, if we think of the quantum field as fluctuating (vibrating) with a superposition of different frequency and amplitude waves, it becomes a mater of filtering out the waves one would need to construct the mater they wish to see created. Kind of like that video, but in 3d rather than 2d.

we usually think in terms of 'doing' things so in that light it might be a matter of what to vibrate and how than of a filtering out... but you may be on to something here in that maybe it is a matter of filtering out what you don't want rather than adding what you do. Kinda like how a sculpture is made. Something new to think about, thanks!
Old 22-08-2020, 09:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
yeah that is one of the basics mathematically, the fourier or harmonic series can be used to describe any waveform. It basically describes the waveform as a union of 'pure' sine waves with differing frequencies and amplitudes, where the frequencies/amplitudes are chosen based on what you are trying to build. I think you can describe things which aren't periodic but much easier to describe periodic things with this foundation...

exactly....

we usually think in terms of 'doing' things so in that light it might be a matter of what to vibrate and how than of a filtering out... but you may be on to something here in that maybe it is a matter of filtering out what you don't want rather than adding what you do. Kinda like how a sculpture is made. Something new to think about, thanks!

Kinda like how a TV or radio tuner filters out the signal it wishes to use to create with based on a resonance with that ....carrier signal.. I believe..or something like that. The information needed to create the reality a consciousness wishes to create and experience may be already encoded in the waves of the quantum field. It then becomes a question of setting the resonant frequency of that consciousness to tune in that signal. Higher frequencies would be able to contain higher amounts of information, but I don't know that it would therefore correspond to positive emotions or experiences....might.. but if so, I can't see why it necessarily would. Looking at the Fourier Series demonstration in 2d, one can envision how a 3d equivalence could conceivably encode an experience of reality using nothing but a combination of sine waves (vibrations) superimposed in the field. Much much more complex of course, but in principal, an experience of virtual reality could be built up from there one time step at a time.
Old 22-08-2020, 10:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
\ Much much more complex of course, but in principal, an experience of virtual reality could be built up from there one time step at a time.

the question is... is it something we will do or something that has been done?
Old 22-08-2020, 10:58 PM
ketzer

Quote:
the question is... is it something we will do or something that has been done?
Both.