Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well then, I hope you will look for God beyond the pages of that book, even if you do look there more often then not. The Bible may not always come with a cover price, nevertheless, it has exacted a steep price from many over the centuries, in terms of blood and suffering, as well as in terms of treasure. I tend to think that if those who used it in that way had thought to look beyond the words on the page to understand God, then much of that price would not have been necessary.

Jehovah God had faithful men write down all he wanted us to know...for now. the "book" or Bible was given to those who chose to obey God and follow Jesus. it beneficial for all mankind ,(2Tim. 3:16,17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work).

and I have looked for God beyond the Bible. this why I now try to worship and give him praises. I believed in him well before I knew anything about a Bible. but the Bible helps one to grow closer to and learn about him. how one should live in order to gain salvation. and what plans he have for humans. No where can you learn those things except from the Bible.

there was NO book that was and is out there that can explain the MANY "why's." every question I've ever had ,was answered by means of Jehovah's word, from the Bible. people tried to answer them, but it made NO sense to me. even as a teen, I knew there was more to what MANY were lead to believe. I was never one to just accept something just because others did. or believe that seem to be the only answer out there. I was searching for the truth. peace
Old 28-08-2020, 09:48 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jehovah God had faithful men write down all he wanted us to know...for now. the "book" or Bible was given to those who chose to obey God and follow Jesus. it beneficial for all mankind ,(2Tim. 3:16,17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work).

and I have looked for God beyond the Bible. this why I now try to worship and give him praises. I believed in him well before I knew anything about a Bible. but the Bible helps one to grow closer to and learn about him. how one should live in order to gain salvation. and what plans he have for humans. No where can you learn those things except from the Bible.

there was NO book that was and is out there that can explain the MANY "why's." every question I've ever had ,was answered by means of Jehovah's word, from the Bible. people tried to answer them, but it made NO sense to me. even as a teen, I knew there was more to what MANY were lead to believe. I was never one to just accept something just because others did. or believe that seem to be the only answer out there. I was searching for the truth. peace

Yes, those are pretty much the claims that the most faithful of the faith will make. We can go around in circles on this. I can try to tell you those are just your beliefs, and you can defend it insisting they are Gods truth, and we can ride the merry-go-round indefinitely. But I see no point in doing so as at the end of the day, it will just leave us dizzy and exhausted.

You can throw scripture at me all day long. I do not share your faith that it is necessarily the word of God or even words God would approve of, so they are as likely as not just to bounce off me.

You on the other hand, have a faith like a large rock, unmovable and unbreakable. One can hit it with a sledge hammer, but it will likely bounce off without leaving a mark. My only question would be whether that rock has been placed in the right spot.
Old 28-08-2020, 11:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jehovah God ...
Bottom line simple question: is your faith bettering your life here (concretely how?), or it just promises you salvation after death?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-08-2020, 02:19 AM
Master
Now your talking about morality invalan.
And why Reverend Richard Wurmbrand had accumulated a'lot of scars on his body during 14 years in prison behind the Iron Curtain.

Who you know nothing about nor would you care to most likely.

One appropriate word for the situation is, "spoiled".
But people learn.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 29-08-2020, 02:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Now your talking about morality invalan.
And why Reverend Richard Wurmbrand had accumulated a'lot of scars on his body during 14 years in prison behind the Iron Curtain.

Who you know nothing about nor would you care to most likely.

One appropriate word for the situation is, "spoiled".
But people learn.
Would you care to elaborate? I don't know what you're talking about. Who is Wurmbrand, and why did he get scars? What situation is "spoiled"? What people learned what?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.