Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 24-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Ivy

Lol..I love it Lazarus...I havn't got the scientific patience to work things out...but I can feel it when I read.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Master
Wow, this ones more popular than it was the first time around, hehe. Thanks for all your comments guys.

As I say, I'm no expert on scalar quantification, and have been inspired over time by both Gem and Hybrid's expositions on the subject.

Most of this stuff, I ripped from a Horizon documentary called, 'To infinity and beyond'. It was narrated by the actor 'Steven Berkoff' in a somewhat sensationalised creepy tone, lol, especially when referring to the likes of Cantor.

You can see through that though. I tend to mainly use this stuff for .... an impression if you like. Loosely. To see what other ideas can be superimposed or reconciled with it.

Sometimes I imagine infinity as being a bit like 'Oblivion'. The eternal name we all share beyond restrictive notions of our current name and form. That from which form arises. The home of us at our most pure. Pure love, pure joy, pure being. Peace. Emptiness.

So not necessarily always the fear based notion of oblivion born from a misconceived sense of self. That's only most of the time, hehe. Occasionally I prefer the one you catch yourself drawn peacefully staring into after momentarily being nudged back into a contented consciousness by a nearby friend or loved one who's invariably sporting an expression of semi-amusement/ wonder themselves, .... perhaps even subconscious awe.....

Last edited by Lazarus72 : 24-01-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Our friend nventr has made a model of awareness :) http://www.jesuswedding.com/the-blueprint.html
I also have made a model of our consciousness (or a way to utilize it) in connection with awareness.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9747
When seeing "the blueprint" it seemed very eternity like. One of us on either side of the same object of focus with things comming to us and comming from us in response. Perhaps this was where the symbols had been originated for its design?

Thanks very much for the links by the way Sammy, I shall check them out.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Lazarus72 - Graham's number eh? What an interesting post. It is especially intriguing to me that the highest number ends with a 7.. and that it actually has a practical explanation, which makes it much more valid of a concept to me, a highest number, more mysterious and interesting also.

Highest 'official' number.... according to the Guinness book of records, Deus.

Perhaps only until a bigger one is found... or invented maybe I spose ??
Old 25-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
Highest 'official' number.... according to the Guinness book of records, Deus.

Perhaps only until a bigger one is found... or invented maybe I spose ??

(practical explanation in my initial post should have been practical application of course..)

'invented' i like that.. almost as if even the (to me) most bare bones, basic hard science possible, mathematics, is something that is also a creative endeavor.

I think that though in a way, it is possible 'found' & 'invented' can find a common source maybe, sort of like free-will/destiny, or imagination/reality.

Math is not my strong area, nor physics, but i find some of the ideas, or things there coming up with very interesting all the same.
Old 25-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
(practical explanation in my initial post should have been practical application of course..)

Got you.

Quote:
'invented' i like that.. almost as if even the (to me) most bare bones, basic hard science possible, mathematics, is something that is also a creative endeavor.

I think that though in a way, it is possible 'found' & 'invented' can find a common source maybe, sort of like free-will/destiny, or imagination/reality.

Yeah this is where I'm at too, still pretty open minded on it really. Common source seems to fit.

Quote:
Math is not my strong area, nor physics, but i find some of the ideas, or things there coming up with very interesting all the same.

Yep this is me, I'm not so fluent in the minute details, not particularly technical minded, but really enjoy the ideas and the work being done.