Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
I have a theory that the Big Bang never happened. Like you said I don't think the universe was created in 7 days. I don't believe that either. But I do believe in God and an eternal Creator. How exactly he created the universe and how He or the universe came into being, I do not know. But I would guess that the universe is much older than the estimated 10 billion years and that it is always under constant change and creation.
So this god that you called a he, are you saying that he is separate from his creation ?.
Old 15-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
So this god that you called a he, are you saying that he is separate from his creation ?.

I believe that God is gender neutral but the precedent is to use "He" and not "They" or "It" and for good reason since there is only one of Him and he is sentient "He" makes the most sense of those three words.

Yes definitely think that God is separate from his creation. God is everywhere, but he is not everything. He is all-powerful, but he is not all-doing. We are all one, but we are not all one and the same.
Old 15-02-2011, 07:12 AM
arive nan

I don't believe the Big Bang just because it is popular and sounds good. I am convinced of it because of the countless hours I have spent reading up on it and the evidence that supports it. Coming from this perspective, I can't think there is much reason to dismiss the theory.

The estimated age of the universe is 13.75 billion years, plus or minus 0.11 billion years. If you look into what scientists in this field have estimated and currently accept, this is the number you will find, not 10 billion. This estimate was arrived at using several different methods.

I'm not an expert, but it's something I love to learn about. I have eagerly searched through my books by Michio Kaku, Brian Greene, and Stephen Hawking, and even wikipedia to find what each one says about the beginnings of our universe. I find it fascinating and awe inspiring and beautiful. And even spiritual. When I think about how at one point everything in this universe was compacted into an area that could fit into the palm of your hand I find it easier to expand my consciousness and feel at one with everything. When I study the Tree of Life, I associate it with the time-line of our universe's birth as well as many other things and feel a sense that the process of creation is evident one knows how to see it. I'm not going to go into detail about specific evidence, simply because of how much time it would take to look that all up again. But I recommend learning about it in some depth. If the universe came to be the way they theorize it did, it does not exclude the possibility of a deity, and with or without a deity it is pretty amazing.
Old 15-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Master
Quote:
I believe that God is gender neutral but the precedent is to use "He" and not "They" or "It" and for good reason since there is only one of Him and he is sentient "He" makes the most sense of those three words.

Yes definitely think that God is separate from his creation. God is everywhere, but he is not everything. He is all-powerful, but he is not all-doing. We are all one, but we are not all one and the same.
mmmm, no i can't resonate with that idea, there is only pure Consciousness and within that Consciousness there was a stirring of Awareness and then there was I AM, consciousness within Consciousness, and from this pure Consciousness all matter was born. but you and me will never know as long as we are in this mind body organism.
Old 15-02-2011, 08:59 AM
3dnow

Quote:
I am sick of people taking the big bang theory for granted as if it's been proven that the universe originated this way. I even turned on the T.V. today and tuned to a science program about black holes and they said that Einstein proved the big bang theory. That is total ****. Einstein didn't even believe in the big bang theory.

Personally I think that one day we will discover that the big bang theory was wrong all along. As are many other things that society has taken for granted. That isn't to say that God created the world in 7 days. I don't believe that either. I just don't think the big bang theory pans out for a number of reasons. I do believe in God though and so I am more inclined to believe in a universe that was created than one that exploded out of a singularity.

How is God and big bang are incompatible?

3dnow
Old 15-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Ascender

Big Bang theory makes the most sense. An explosion of energy that, with the aid of natural laws, cooled off creating what we have today.
Old 15-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
The estimated age of the universe is 13.75 billion years, plus or minus 0.11 billion years. If you look into what scientists in this field have estimated and currently accept, this is the number you will find, not 10 billion. This estimate was arrived at using several different methods.

The point is that the universe is probably much older than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
How is God and big bang are incompatible?

3dnow

I didn't mean to say that they were incompatible. I apologize.
Old 15-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Blaze

Big bang is a nice theory, but only for entertainments. Every action requeirs a cause. Big bang couldn't happen for itself out of nothing.

So we don't need 'someday' to finally realize that big bang theory is wrong. It's already wrong enough.
Old 15-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Ascender

Blaze, who says the big bang had to happen by itself and wasn't a result of God's Laws?
Old 15-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Blaze

God's Laws like what?! Maths? Physics? Chemisrty?