Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 16-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Ascender
Maya may be useful for us

For some time i thought like i want to be free from influence of maya (illusion/matrix) but God is still keeping me trapped in it, what kind of God are we living under. Now i think it's an opportunity for us to practice tapasya (austerity), e.g. by tolerating discomfort, walking on correct path despite attacks of world/maya, not giving in to urges. Tapasya makes us grow spiritually powerful.
Old 16-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Master
If austerity is repression (temporary desire suppression), how will it help in transformation?
Old 16-10-2021, 02:08 PM
My input on this

It is a wonderful thing to advance our soul's knowledge/growth, etc,
to exp being human.
I really realized this more listening to what some NDE people learned...
expressing the wonder and amazing opportunity it is to be human...
with all the relationships, situations, challenges and feelings we have...some to overcome, some to glory in.
All to grow closer to our 'Source'..I call God, Heaven, Home, Creator, Father, True Self...and many other things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-10-2021, 04:01 PM
Ascender
Miss Hepburn, nice to read your post after long time as i was away from SF, thanks for your input.
Old 16-10-2021, 04:41 PM
Ascender
Unseeking Seeker,

I'm a straight male. I was recently browsing quora.com's feed, a naked woman's picture came up so i immediately closed the website. I don't think it's repression. That was a test.

I wrote: .."not giving in to urges. Tapasya makes us grow spiritually powerful". There was a question-answer website allexperts.com, on which i had read someone's answer about siddhis from celibacy and austerity. The website is now shut down but i was able to dig that answer from internet archives: https://web.archive.org/web/20150613...s-Celibacy.htm
Old 16-10-2021, 05:29 PM
You know what, if this starts to take a spiritual/sexuality turn ...
it will have to be moved to that section.
Letting you know ahead of time. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Master
About austerity, the practice of austerity, to ‘attain’ something, a siddhi or whatever, somehow does not resonate for me at least. Rather, the acceptance of this-ness, here now, the recognition of all pervading God consciousness, shifts our orientation into surrender in an aspect of vibrant emptiness, agendaless exuberance, bliss in fullness.

What I’m getting at is that any act of doership, more so, with a definite mind-body goal in view, is possibly a contradiction of sorts, since we are not a mere mind-body but only in occupation of it to experience earth life contrast.

As long as we are here, wishing to be elsewhere, this ‘wish-desire’ arises from our in-form consciousness or ego. So, if we are trying to bargain with God, saying, I’ll give up this but you please give me that … how’s it different from a tantrum of a spoilt child? Moreover, to what end is this desire of siddhis etc? In fact, it may be detrimental to obtain a yogic power, since it will give us something new to indulge in, stagnate in, taking us away from our focus of God realisation* (* merging mind-body with soul & spirit or we may say, jiva with Atma with Paramatma)
Old 18-10-2021, 01:31 PM
Ascender
It's possible that the child be showing tantrum for something good. Like suppose the child's parents have taken the child to a noisy party, it's now late at night, the child requests their parents to take them back home because s/he's feeling sleepy, the parents keep postponing, and then the child starts showing tantrum to take them back home from this noisy party because s/he wants to sleep! Or like suppose the child's family is non-vegetarian and the child shows tantrum that s/he doesn't want to eat non-veg anymore because s/he has learned that animals to be slaughtered are tortured (which is true in modern slaughter houses).

Desire for siddhis too can be good if one wants them for a good purpose, e.g. to serve others. I try practicing austerity for something i find more logical than wanting siddhis, which is to know through direct spiritual experience that how i can best serve.
Old 18-10-2021, 01:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
For some time i thought like i want to be free from influence of maya (illusion/matrix) but God is still keeping me trapped in it, what kind of God are we living under.
I just realized that i never requested God to free me from maya. Okay here it goes:
God, please free me from maya completely right now. Thank you.
Hmm.. I notice no change.
Old 18-10-2021, 02:53 PM
Master
@ kralaro … in quite a rush, aren’t we?

Let’s look at this differently. Each night, we sleep, we dream. We are both the dreamer and the dreamed, that is, we are both the subject and the object.

Ok. When we wake up, the dreamed object vanishes … poof! Nothing lost, however. We think no more of it, since we, the dreamer are now in the waking state. However, within the dream, for the duration our attention is fixated therein, we, as the dreamed object, know nothing about ourself as the dreamer (subject). We are happy or sad or anxious, as the case may be, depending upon our reflex response to illusions manifest.

Now, let’s extrapolate and hypothesise that this waking state is another dream. We are then the object, not the subject. Same dilemma as within the dream alluded to above.

The question then is, ‘how may be object awaken within the dream? Surely, only the subject can awake?’

So as not to make a mystery of it, the answer is cessation. When we choose not to respond to the images presented, when we are vibrant & joyous, yet nonchalant, when we recognise that everything is God consciousness, then the objective of dreaming ends. The dream continues but we are immune, we are like space, void. Present, yes, but as a bliss mist.

Subject and object merge. The object, now subject, the subject, also object, awakes within the dream.

So … when we say that we, this here mind-body ‘seeks’ this or that … well, we continue dreaming. No harm but then we don’t awake … until Schumann’s resonance rises higher.