Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-09-2021, 12:05 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Another chance is there with us in terms of re-incarnation

Resurrection and re-incarnation are completely different. To be resurrected, is for you, the invisible mind/spirit, that is imprinted upon the eternal soul, which mind/spirit had developed within your previous body, which body had been returned to the elements from which was created, is given a new body in the likeness of your previous body, in which 'YOU' the mind/invisible spirit, can continue to evolve/develop.

While re-incarnation, is when the disembodied mind/spirit is divided from the eternal soul, which emptied soul is then given another body in the endless cycle of rebirths, which body can be anything from a worm to a monkey, in which a new mind will develop through the evolutionary process of whatever body that mindless soul was given.

For all souls are prepared to eternity said the Most High to Enoch, who was translated to angelic form and given the name "Metatron", the celestial scribe or "recording angel, who was told to record the name of each soul and its position into all time. etc.
Old 23-09-2021, 07:04 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
So the total focus is on creating an ideal state of mind, wherein hell also becomes an interesting place to go rather than be fearfully perceived as a place of torture and terror.

I believe that what you are referring to as Hell, is what the Christian would refer to as purgatory.

The spirits/minds of the righteous find rest in Christ, the unrighteous enter Purgatory, where they await in terrible mental torment the great day of Judgement; in this state they can find repentance and rest, the unrepentant wicked will suffer the second death, where the minds that are they, are divided from the life giving soul when those souls are cast back into the refining fires of physical life once more, in the eternal cycle of rebirths, where those emptied souls are given new bodies of one sort or another, in which those souls can evolve a new mind.

May our God preserve you ajay.
Old 23-09-2021, 09:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
I believe that what you are referring to as Hell, is what the Christian would refer to as purgatory.

The spirits/minds of the righteous find rest in Christ, the unrighteous enter Purgatory, where they await in terrible mental torment the great day of Judgement;

Don't you think that it is important to do good for the sake of good, and not merely out of fear of hellfire or mental torment, as you put it !

I know of some case studies of Christians who had to be admitted to mental institutions and even harmed themselves due to their literal interpretation of such verses with respect to hellfire and so on.

Quote:
"What do I care if Mohammed was a good man, or Buddha! Does that alter my own goodness or evil? Let us be good for our own sake on our own responsibility! Not because somebody way back there was good! ~ Swami Vivekananda

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 24-09-2021, 12:38 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Don't you think that it is important to do good for the sake of good, and not merely out of fear of hellfire or mental torment, as you put it!

I think that it is important for people to realise that they will never live in a perfect society, until they understand that it is only when people begin to love their neighbour as themselves.

And for the sake of the good of society, to only do, to your neighbour that which you would want done to yourself, what a-wonderful world that would be?

As far as the state of purgatory goes, I am now eighty, but as a youth, I was a wild child, a big drinker and lover of life, and squeezed every drop of fun from life that I could, oblivious to the harm that my actions were doing to others.

When I came to realise the path that the world was heading in, and that the only way to change its course, was to live as the Lord through his servant Jesus revealed to us, and try to convince others that there was no other way to achieve the perfect society, I still found no peace.

At night my rest was disturbed by the memories of my crimes against my fellow man, of which I was genuinely repentant, but still, I could find no rest, and prayed that those tormenting memories might be destroyed, until I came to the realisation that those memories were not a curse, but a blessing to be kept in my storehouse of treasures.

For to lose the memories of my crimes was to open the doors to a new life in which I might repeat those terrible mistakes, it was then that I found peace within myself and entered into rest.

And I am sure that if we bothered to search, we would find people of all persuasions and religious beliefs, who have been admitted to mental institutions, or committed suicide because they have been convinced from the way that they have lived their lives, and the condemnations of their spiritual guides, that they will never achieve the state of Nirvana, and are condemned to forever go through the cycles of rebirths.

I’ve left them in the desert, on the beach and in the snow
On the mountain tops, the river beds, in fact everywhere I go
Tiny footprints, indentations to mark the pathways that I’ve trod
And yet they vanish from the sight all, except the piercing eyes of God

And he’s always been inside me, since the day I ceased to crawl
He watched me take my first small step, saw me stumble, he saw me fall
Life lets me make my own mistakes, and god, how many have I made
But thank the Lord I’ve learnt from them, that’s how life's game is played

The life I’ve lived, the guilt, the shame, but I wouldn’t change a dot
Cos it’s made me who I am today, and to me that means a lot
I’ll never be an Einstein, a Rembrandt or Khayyam
But I’ve gained a greater inner peace, and I’m content with who I am

Undoubtedly I’ll fall again, mistakes will knock me off my feet
But they’ll be new encounters mate, past sins I’ll not repeat
For I store the memory of my crimes, like others store their gold
And my treasure house keeps growing as my future life unfolds.... The Anointed.
Old 24-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Master

inspiring account

Quote:
For I store the memory of my crimes, like others store their gold
And my treasure house keeps growing as my future life unfolds.... The Anointed.
Anointed , your personal account is very inspiring and motivating to understand how God helps us from where we are if we are sincere and genuine .
Memories of our mistakes , genuine repentance and commitment not to repeat it goes a long way in feeling the presence and grace of God .
Thanks for sharing the same.
Old 24-09-2021, 10:55 PM
Master
QUOTE 53 EXCERPT:

Quote:

I know of some case studies of Christians who had to be admitted to mental institutions and even harmed themselves due to their literal interpretation of such verses with respect to hellfire and so on.

You raise a very valid point about Biblical verses with respect to hellfire and so on. I sometimes wonder what type of person believes such verses to be "divinely" inspired or accurately communicated.

Excellent point !
Old 24-09-2021, 11:18 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 53 EXCERPT:You raise a very valid point about Biblical verses with respect to hellfire and so on. I sometimes wonder what type of person believes such verses to be "divinely" inspired or accurately communicated.

Kalki or Kalkin, who is yet to appear at the close of the fourth kalki age, when the world has become wholly depraved, for the final destruction of the wicked, for the re-establishment of righteousness upon the earth, and the renovation of all creation with a return to a new age of purity (satya-yuga).

How do you believe that kalkin is going to destroy the wicked S W?
Old 25-09-2021, 06:06 AM
Master

Quote:

And I am sure that if we bothered to search, we would find people of all persuasions and religious beliefs, who have been admitted to mental institutions, or committed suicide because they have been convinced from the way that they have lived their lives, and the condemnations of their spiritual guides, that they will never achieve the state of Nirvana, and are condemned to forever go through the cycles of rebirths.

Hinduism states that the Self and divinity is there within each soul. Buddhism states that the Buddha nature is within all sentient beings.

So the Dharmic philosophies states that divinity is there within all beings, though it is at present veiled by vasanas/sankaras or psychological impressions related to intense desires of craving/aversion.

Christ also states that the kingdom of heaven or God is within oneself. This however has not been properly understood by christians, imho.

There is nothing within the dharmic philosophies that states that one will never achieve Nirvana or Self-realization, and that one is condemned to forever go through the cycles of rebirths.

Everyone attains Nirvana or Self-realization as it is their own essence. However some attains it swiftly through intelligent study and diligent, courageous practice, while some others attains it after numerous rebirths and suffering.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 25-09-2021, 10:47 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Everyone attains Nirvana or Self-realization as it is their own essence.

I have read somewhere that in the Hindu religion, only the Brahmins, or priests, could achieve moksha, which is the Hindu equivalent of Nirvana, but you are now saying that 'EVERYONE' attains Nirvana, are you sure that you don't want to change that statement?
Old 25-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Master

Quote:
I have read somewhere that in the Hindu religion, only the Brahmins, or priests, could achieve moksha, which is the Hindu equivalent of Nirvana, but you are now saying that 'EVERYONE' attains Nirvana, are you sure that you don't want to change that statement?

There is no such statement in the Vedas.

The Brahmana means a temperament charecterised by peacefulness, self-control, austerity, purity, tolerance, honesty, wisdom, knowledge, and religiousness.

For one who has such charecterestics, it is easy to attain Self-realization.

If by the brahmin you imply the caste system, it is just a feudal system that is manmade that came later on and has no sanction in the vedas. It is similar to the feudal system that came up in Europe and Japan.

The Brahmo Samaj and Arya Samaj are Hindu reformatory sects that is based on the Vedas alone and consider the caste system as unvedic.

Many of the rishis or sages were from the farming and lower economic groups. Maharshi Satyakama Jabala mentioned in the Chandogya Upanishad is a famous example of a Rishi of unknown lineage who was accepted as a student in childhood by his Guru on account of his honesty and character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyakama_Jabala

Due to his honest character and conduct, Satyakama was seen as a Brahmana.

Paramahamsa Yogananda, author of the 'Autobiography of a Yogi, stated on the caste system...

Quote:
"These were (originally) symbolic designations of the stages of spiritual refinement. They were not intended as social categories. And they were not intended to be hereditary.
Things changed as the yugas [cycles of time] descended toward mental darkness. People in the higher castes wanted to make sure their children were accepted as members of their own caste. Thus, ego-identification caused them to freeze the ancient classifications into what is called the ‘caste system.’
Such was not the original intention. In obvious fact, however, the offspring of a brahmin may be a sudra by nature. And a peasant, sometimes, is a real saint.” ~ Paramahamsa Yogananda