Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 25-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
Oh that is such a shame, damn Youtube!

You must have seen it, is Britney Spears' Hold It Against Me music video, but I made a video out of the fight scene which related to what goes inside the head of a mentally ill person, especially those with MPD/DID.
The scene starts at 2:33 and ends at 3:49

Edit: Oh I see now why, it's been blocked in 229 countries, surprised I didn't get a Copyright complaint...I'll erase it anyways, no one here will be able to see it, here's the link to the whole video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Edv8Onsrgg&ob=av2e
Thanks for reposting. Ok, I saw it.
Hmm. if this is the inside of metally ill person. I am not crazy after all.
Old 25-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Ascender
This is a thread from last May titled, 'Twin Soul or Limerence???'

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=16784

There are some very valuable, loving, and helpful suggestions from Xan throughout it for those who might like to delve deeper within to find your answers.

Also guest starring, in order of appearance: DulcePoetica, awakeningheart, and that sexy serpent chick, SQ. mm, mm, mm.
Old 25-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Thanks for reposting. Ok, I saw it.
Hmm. if this is the inside of metally ill person. I am not crazy after all.

Believe me, it can create such a torment that it doesn't let you think clearly.

Like I previously mentioned, I saw that scene over and over because I could relate so much to what was going on in my head at the moment, it was like having these two opposed forces close to personalities fighting for control, my higher self and my dark side.

Oh that word again well us mentally ill people, and it doesn't embarrass me to say I am, are not crazy we have just a different way of experiencing and looking at things.

Though I no longer want to label myself as suffering from any kind of illness for I believe it obstructs a real change in me, how could I change when I see myself as the victim of something?

The mind is a very complicated thing and it comes up with ways that may seem regarded as "weird" or "crazy" when protecting itself from pain, like DID where people need to create a separate identity to deal with extreme trauma.
Old 25-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Knower

Quote:
Ha ha ha ..
I actually watched this video several times already before you posted here.
In fact, I recommended it to Cosmicheart's posting "TF stories of hope".
Wow.. we think a like, Darkest.

And as I said in that post, I think if we had agreed not to come together physically this time, we would be getting very different 'signs'. We would know in our hearts, as some do. But even you have said that you 'get very clear signs that you are meant to come together physically this time.'

Not directed at you Nada (probably more at me and my TF!) but sometimes I think this talk of 'it being out of our control' and 'what's meant to be will be' and although I believe that to be true to an extent, it can be the ego's excuse and hinder our process. It is tremendously hard to face and when the ego is in charge, it will say "it's not meant to be" or "it will happen at the right time" instead of moving into that uncomfortable place in our hearts and face what, on a deeper level we have chosen to. I know this is where my TF is at and even me to less extreme.

You can bring a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The universe (or God or our higher selves, which ever suits you) can open all doors for us but it's up to us whether we choose to walk thru them.
Old 25-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Ok,
Let's have honest and open discussions about this. (For the sake of our emotional well-being and sanity)
I often had considered that my TF was suffering from sometype of obsessive disorder (until I found this site about TF last year). He does not just think about me but he actually goes a great length to re-connect. (Traveling long distance and all kinds of efforts, even now that I am married)
The most strange part is that I also think about him but I just keep him in my mind, like a photo album. (For 25 years)
Of course there are the dreams but dreams can just be a part of my thoughts. And telepathic connection but it also can be a part of my thoughts. There are signs/reminders but again, this can be what I seek to notice subconsciously. My biggest reasons for "rejecting him" each time are the strangeness of our connection and my own obsessive thoughts about him. It scares me and absolutely paralyzing. I have no choice but to run away from it.

So, maybe we are all suffering from some type of mental disorder.
In another post, Darkest Hour and Soul Walker mentioned Limerence, a mental disorder.
There are several other types of mental disorders that may fit into TF idea/thoughts.

Limerence, Obesessive Love, OCD, Attachment disorder, Schizophrenia, Erotomania, and etc.
Have you consider that you or your TF may be suffering from any mental disorder?? and that this TF idea is merely an illusion to camelflage our mental disorder??

Since many of us are thinking that we may be actually crazy, we really should open up about this subject.

So, who is crazy around here? (me. me..._ )

That's what great about this forum, we all all came here so we can feel a little less alone in our situation. But in reality, it shouldn't surprise us that true love is so powerful! This is old news. Although naming it 'twin flames' is relatively new, there are countless stories throughout history about the power of love. So many songs, movies, novels and true stories.

If even a parent could love their child so much that they would be willing to die to protect them, why would it be so surprising that true love would be so powerful.

Although sometimes we might, I don't think we need to question our sanity. I think what we feel is perfectly 'normal' and has happened a million times over, on this planet.
Old 25-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I have been staying away from this thread because it is such a sensitive subject, and I am sure that some people on this message board actually could benefit from this sort of self questioning.

But since you said you want an honest discussion, I'll be honest with you. I find it fascinating that even with total awareness that your situation is a mutual, two-way connection Nada, you are still looking for psychiatric explanations. Please consider that by looking for a diagnosis, you are still just looking for a way out. I second what was said earlier in the thread that it is a little bit insulting to people suffering legitimate mental illness, which is difficult enough.

Also, and I think this is why I felt a need to jump in, is that the struggle to get past the fear of mental illness is a HUGE part of this process for those of us actually dealing with true soul connections. Most of us, I assume, have already ruled out the list you put forward, as have you, I'm sure. Suggesting that there could be another, unknown mental illness causing this is a pretty desperate attempt to hang on to the idea that you do not, ultimately, need to surrender to the power of your soul's energy. You can keep fighting it if you want to, but why do you feel you need to take all of us down with you by getting us to admit we might all be delusional? I do not endorse the idea that unrelenting love, deep empathy, telepathy and other spiritual gifts are really symptoms of a secret, unknown mentall illness. Seriously?

If what you experience in life, what you see and perceive are just ordinary, explainable things; you would not be receiving the gift of a spiritual awakening. It has to defy your understanding or your consciousness will not expand. So you have a choice: let go of the 'limits of probability' that your mind is trying to force on this situation, or remain stuck within the parameters of understanding you have always relied on. Though it sounds to me, at this point, you will need to medicate or find some other means of dissociation to continue denying your new reality, so I guess it makes sense you are looking for a "treatable" diagnosis.

If I sound annoyed, it is because on this subject, I am. You have the good fortune and luxury of casually contemplating your sanity vs. the legitimacy of the experience precisely because your soul connection has been generous enough to attempt contact and tell you how he feels. I surely hope you have told him that you are struggling with making sense of it too. Or have you gone all this time letting him think that you are categorically uninterested and you simply think he his mentally disturbed?

Please consider the toll that living 25 years with these kinds of feelings, dreams, signs, telepathy, etc. while the other person denies it would take on a man. You don't have to embrace it as a delightful gift and walk into the sunset. I know you think you can be happy without him, but that is not the same as you and he being victims of hallucinations. Please show some respect and compassion, and realize that when connected at such a deep level with another person- your rigid rejection of the truth has harrowing consequences on the other's psyche. Have you ever tried anything as simple as working together with him to understand what is happening between you?

As always, beautifully put!!
Old 25-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicheart
And as I said in that post, I think if we had agreed not to come together physically this time, we would be getting very different 'signs'. We would know in our hearts, as some do. But even you have said that you 'get very clear signs that you are meant to come together physically this time.'

Signs are very clear and getting more bizzare (when and where they pop up within last several months = They were so unexpected so I was stunned several times). Hence the reason why I found this site.

The timing is off; however, at the same time, the timing is also perfect.
I can not explain the reasons here.

If this TF connection is valid and if both of us are not crazy, I want to have an open and serious communication directly with him about our connection. - not on emotional level but on rational level. I want this conversation to take a place in a physical space and not in astral or telepathic spaces.

I have been avoiding him but I am more than ready to face him if he is willing.
I will not run this time but he needs to make his presence clearly known to me as well.

So, we will see.
Old 25-03-2012, 04:21 AM
Ascender

Why on a rational level, Nada? This connection is as far from rational as it can get, so why do you want to have a rational conversation?
I would just let it flow without having preconceived notions about it since that will set up expectations which will likely lead to disappointment. Stay with the flow and just allow things and words to come up as they do rather than planning it all out.
I'm just trying to help with this since I've been there. I used to want to plan everything out as well and had expectations regarding my TF but he quickly taught me to let them go since they made both of us unhappy. Take the pressure off and just try to BE.
Old 25-03-2012, 06:07 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningStar
Part of the definition of limerence I read says: "Limerence is distinguished from "love" in that love (in most of its meanings) involves concern for the loved one's welfare and feelings with little or no expectation of gain in return. In contrast, limerence demands reciprocation.

Also in distinction from love, limerence tends to be comparatively short-lived. It can last one and half years at most, but typically lasts only a few months. Either reciprocation occurs and limerence is replaced by other feelings (possibly lasting love), evidence that the limerent object does not reciprocate finally overwhelms the limerent's passion, or the limerence is transferred to a new object."

I don't think with that definition that limerence applies in my situation. It says can last 1 1/2 years at most........definitely doesn't apply since I'm well beyond that, and I'm not demanding reciprocation in return, it's just an unconditional love that I have, and I don't think unconditional love is considered a mental illness.

Does this refer to those who are not in an actual relationship with you? If so, isn't it natural to feel the need for your loved ones to reciprocate your feelings for them? Perhaps I am not understanding what you are referring to.
Old 25-03-2012, 08:04 AM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDraven
This is a thread from last May titled, 'Twin Soul or Limerence???'

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=16784

There are some very valuable, loving, and helpful suggestions from Xan throughout it for those who might like to delve deeper within to find your answers.

Also guest starring, in order of appearance: DulcePoetica, awakeningheart, and that sexy serpent chick, SQ. mm, mm, mm.

Wow@the date that thread started. It was 2 weeks before I reconnected with my TF after 3yrs of no contact and before I even knew of the Tf concept. Wish I had found this site back than, lol