Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 12-12-2022, 05:51 AM
Master

Yeeehaaaa I luvvvv that Native Spirit!! So true.

I was told that Amerigo Vespucci got there before Columbus as well. But doesn’t get any mention in the history books.

Thanks everyone for your interpretations of Romany’s. I thought they had come from Eastern Europe. Wow I luuuuuv my ancestors history. No wonder I’ve been roaming around so much and sitting around the camp fire in the outback over here is one of my favourite things. I just get a lovely warm feeling thru my body when I do that.

A few years ago I read a book about the 13 indigenous grandmothers around the world who came together to try and do something to bring peace to the earth. They got together every year somewhere different to do ceremonies. After reading it I said to myself, I just have to join this. I found out the next one was in the Arizona desert, just outside Sedona. So I jumped on half a dozen planes and went.

Wow, being in that desert, with drums beating, fires going was absolutely awesome!!! That SAME warm fuzzy feeling came back again. But omg it was b……… freezing tho!
Old 12-12-2022, 10:13 AM
Master

Was just thinking about people taking credit for things and it made me think of when i had a conversation with a Cherokee woman who told me the story of Sacajawea a Shoshone woman. As you know the story about Lewis and Clark the pioneers who where the first to find a way from east thru the mountains to the west coast. They took all the praise and adulations for what they achieved and so many places were named after them.

Well what’s NOT really told is that they would never have made it only for this Sacajawea woman who kept them alive by knowing what to pick for food along the way and also being able to communicate with other tribes as she was very proficient with other languages.

She saved them from starving to death or getting massacred by other tribes.

She not only did that but gave birth along the way and carried the baby on her back. What an incredible woman.

I also was told, but don’t know for sure that she was raped and had a baby to one of those pioneers and then he took it off her and put it in a boarding school and brought up by white people.

So why was credit never give to her until, I believe just recently. In my opinion, a huge statue should be erected in her honour.

So there ya go. A little American history from an Aussie ha
Old 12-12-2022, 10:27 AM
Master

And whilst I’m at it, there was a black woman called Katherine Johnson who calculated trajectories for the Apollo mission to land safely back to earth in 1969.
They wouldn’t have made it only for her.

All the praise, medals and adulations went to the men with no mention whatsoever of her until fifty years later.

I just watched a movie about her, brilliant. 'Hidden Figures'.

Sorry folks for raving on but it really does p……… me off when credit is taken away from women.

But in all fairness it IS getting a lot better now and about time too!
Old 13-12-2022, 11:48 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
It gets my teeth on edge every time I hear Columba's discovered America he discovered nothing
The Natives were there long before he got there.

Namaste

Didn't the Chinese visit North America before Columbus? Maybe it wasn't the Chinese, but someone did. Columbus was cruel to the Natives when he landed.
Old 14-12-2022, 12:04 AM
Knower

RedChic, answered Native Spirit before I read your post about Amerigo Vespucc. I looked him up and he was an Italian merchant. That's not the one I was thinking of tho. I did a little search and it appears an Admiral Zheng visited America in the 14th century. Here is a article on him. https://rahyafteha.ir/en/2795/muslim...rica-columbus/

That is cool about the 13 indigenous grandmothers story.

Sacajawea was underappreciated. All Indians were by whites. It was a sad part of history, but I don't believe in wiping history away just because it makes us mad. If anything we should learn from our forefather's mistakes.

I watched Hidden Figures and loved, loved it. Give credit where credit is due. Way overdue. Women were treated much as the Indians in the early years. So were blacks. But like you said, the tides are changing. None to soon, in my opinion.
Old 14-12-2022, 07:48 AM
Master

The vikings were before Columbus. I agree with Native Spirit that the people living in that place were the first ones. It’s kind of twisted
Old 14-12-2022, 07:52 AM
Master

Not gonna read the entire thread. Let’s go back to OP.

When I encountered this thread I was like “nope no issues with fake people”. I’m a fairly complex person I guess? People usually stay away if they’re fake. And else I push them away. Then this person came into my life, tbh appears not too real. But I knew I was going to have 4 weeks getting to know her. Well that’s new.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 14-12-2022, 08:23 AM
Master

Thanks for your response Catterns

I didn’t know about the Chinese being there. Maybe there have been a lot more and nobody knows about them.

I don’t know if the 13 Grandmothers are still going. I hope so,cos they did seem to be able to get the message out and do some good in this world.

So what is Hidden figures? Is it a tv programme.
Old 14-12-2022, 04:11 PM
Knower

Hidden Figures is a movie. Well worth the watch. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4846340/ and actual movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-y8S8YW0qs

I bet there were a lot who "discovered" America before Columbus bumped into it. It's sad that they haven't changed the history books to the truth or truths.

CosmicWonder, fake people don't feel comfortable around me for very long. Because eventually I speak my truths. I can't help it. It's who I am. As for your lady, follow your instincts, that's all I have to say.
Old 14-12-2022, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattems
Hidden Figures is a movie. Well worth the watch. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4846340/ and actual movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-y8S8YW0qs

I loved "Hidden Figures"....just an awesome movie!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!