Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-04-2021, 11:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That's why I have such a hard time to accept the possibility that "enlightenment", even "self-realization" would show one that the end result would be "no-thought", "no-differentiation".

yeah I don't really accept it either.

in a way making that sort of claim, that it MUST end that way, is the same question you already asked. That is, that you somehow can know the one true question this place poses, and the one true answer you MUST respond with. I've already stated my position on that: you can't know the answer to such questions because you won't be able to obtain the entirety of the truth and thus can't do a fully objective analysis of the issues. So the word 'MUST' is just a silliness. Maybe an excuse not to use one's imagination?

Now it may be that some have practiced that sort of behavior, and it may be that some strive for that kind of behavior still, but just because some swear by their own seeming luck with it doesn't make it the one and only yardstick to measure by.

Personally I think, while there may be some merit to studying the topic in say the way one might study algebra, to learn what one can from a life-skills standpoint, that doesn't make it a worthy thing to dedicate my entire life to.

The 'surrendering' thing others swear by is of the same ilk. Good for classwork but not something I feel comfortable dedicating my life to.

and I'm sure there are several other similar topics that different people like to swear by but they don't come to mind right now...
Old 30-04-2021, 11:48 PM
Master

Your post gave me the idea for a google searc:
What’s the difference between schizophrenia and enlightenment?

https://www.quora.com/What%E2%80%99s...-enlightenment

There are also some other comments down that page.
In the linked post (a little long for my taste), the author claims that he got accidentally enlightened, and doctors misdiagnosed and medicated him for schizophrenia. He doesn't sound convincing, although I believe it is only a case of milder delusion and wishful thinking; surely, some parroting too ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:37 AM
Master

it mostly comes down to what you can get people to believe... a good question is why is it so important to try to get people to believe one is enlightened rather than schizophrenic? I say that somewhat tongue in cheek though since I've been guilty of such too.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:40 AM
Master

This thread is too easy. It's what Jesus said - "By thy fruits will it be known". Can you see it? No, but many others can, especially those sharing the banana.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:50 PM
Master
Not everybody is of the Christian persuasion............

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:54 PM
Master
Hard to tell what is 'factual' from what is not. For example some believe in a resurrection and believe it is 'real'. Some others believe in past lives and believe they also are 'real'. And then there are some that believe in re-birth.

All 3 of these groups are adamant they are right and some might even say the others are 'wrong'. So who is right?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:57 PM
Master
There are many beliefs ...... and they are just that, beliefs and much time has been spent claiming this belief is 'true' whereas in some cases, disproving other beliefs. But 'in the end', they are just beliefs.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:35 PM
Knower

“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” -- Gerry Spence
Old 02-05-2021, 12:57 AM
Master
What anyone claims they know or do is not my problem. It is something they will have to deal with.
If I make it my problem by dealing with it in some way, I create a connection, which I try to avoid. Even so it is very simple to dissolve any connections created.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:19 AM
Master

How does one dissolve them, Rah nam?

In thinking about spiritual teachers, are you saying they are creating connections?