Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 18-03-2024, 10:59 PM
Master
Reality Orientation
Quote:
A normal state of consciousness is characterized by immobilization of a structured frame of reference in the background of attention which supports, interprets and gives meaning to all experience. This frame of reference remains a superstructure of consciousness only by means of active mental striving, which in fact it is not usually conscious.
~ Shor

Quote:
All our views of reality are conditioned by an unspoken model of the world - and that model is always arbitrary and limiting. It is mistake to take a model of reality for the reality itself.
~ Stephen Forrest

In other words:
We all have personal subconscious patterns of the psyche that are also part of a functional collective subconscious patterning or ‘programming’ and it seems, that during the first 3 to 5 years of age, a child becomes acquainted to this collective unspoken model of reality, which then for the rest of one’s life forms a kind of subconscious 'core-system' way of automatic subconscious functioning.

Unless we do become transparent to our own ‘unspoken programming of the psyche’ i.e. become aware of our own subconscious ways we perceive reality as reality i.e. our superstructure - we cannot see or we cannot even fathom that other 'programs' exist, imagining our own particular "reality orientation" to be the all-encompassing-reality.

Lucid dreaming is just lucid dreaming – some people learn it, doesn’t matter what background.
If one says ‘shamanic lucid dreaming’, one will add something to that ability, which isn’t necessarily there. Same with ‘journeying’. If one thinks it makes one a shaman, one is a fool and will only find fool’s gold. ‘Journeying’ is just a tool.

What does make a difference though is the reality orientation of the tool user.
New age neo shamanism pins it to the Western unspoken model of the world, but like out of context, because it is the ‘shamanic reality orientation’ which gives rise to shamanic phenomena.

When indigenous children were taken away from their communities, they lost the connection to their culture - their original collective unspoken way of functioning was replaced by another model.
The place where I worked a bit, I saw some of these people come back in efforts to reconnect to their cultural roots.
With Elders present, some of them from a few minutes up to a few days got it and shifted/switched orientations. Some never could - no matter how much aboriginal data knowledge they acquired and/or how many of the old practices they learned.

Don’t know if I was able to express this, so that it would make sense … ?
We all see through a cultural prism, but often we do not recognize the prism itself.
And when your ‘indigenous’ cousin/uncle - brother sells your culture, but now through a prism of another's – this is worrying.
Old 21-03-2024, 08:45 AM
Master
Took me awhile to get round to reading the whole “Dark Tent and Light Tent” paper. “Two ways of travelling in the invisible”. (Does not mean the neo shamanic drum journeys, which is just ‘shamanism’ in the Western new age imagination).
https://www.academia.edu/42638588/Da..._the_Invisible

I always thought the “Dark Tent” (ballpark) was the “Lower World”, the realm of ancestors and totemic ancestors, because of the way energies behave - manifest themselves, i.e. make themselves known. How the portal opens to communicate with the departed etc …
Didn’t know about the healing function of it though.

The Light Tent:
Quote:
For the Sel’kup, the song-itinerary of the shaman is ‘the route trodden by the grandfather’. In terms of prosody and music, these chants have a stable structure; they are typically organised in verses of eight syllables, which distinguishes them from ordinary nonshamanic songs, and this is characteristic also of other Samoyedic peoples of the north (Dobzhanskaia 2008: 228; Prokof’eva 1949; 1981).

Shaman's Journey_ Nine Worlds (We say 7, but do they count in 2 Lower Worlds?):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv-E...nnel=TomMiller

From 1:44 to 2:18
This is also how Karelian Kalevala is sung. Saami apparently did also know it once upon a time, but now it is forgotten, at least among the Western Saami. 'Meter' which was also copied by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow for his “Song of Hiawatha”.

Quote:
He gallops around the fire on his invisible reindeer (or on his bear if he is setting off for the underworld).
Yeah. Bear or Wolf for the Lower World - Reindeer or a Horse for the Upper World.
Energies of the Upper World manifest/teach differently.

Last edited by sentient : 21-03-2024 at 10:33 AM.
Old 21-03-2024, 08:49 PM
Knower
Shaman's journey nine worlds is a creative mix and puts my senses at ease...

I'm just fixated on "Spirit design" which I can see/sense in your telling of your experiences...Spirit design is also what made me keen on the video of the shaking tent practitioner...

The academic paper on the Dark tent Light tent made me wonder how much the ceremonies could be tracked like they do language and DNA...I thought it was an interesting take...

The big question, how does all this information help me walk forward while respecting Spirit design??? I can see my destination into the next world coming and presently I stand here...The answer is always the same...I need to get out of the way and follow Spirit design the best I can as I have been doing for some years...That means letting go and trusting in Spirit for what lays ahead and Living in the Present... Sheesh, again and still the same answer and formula Spirit always has...What no Chrystal ball???

...Peace...

Last edited by eezi-ulgen : 22-03-2024 at 04:08 PM.
Old 22-03-2024, 04:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
we cannot see or we cannot even fathom that other 'programs' exist, imagining our own particular "reality orientation" to be the all-encompassing-reality.

Yes, I am guilty of this many times...Seeing I work from my own information it can take a minute or more to remember all people work from their own information and were they operate from...To be of service to another I need to try and meet them where they are at if I can fathom it...
Old 22-03-2024, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezi-ulgen
Shaman's journey nine worlds is a creative mix and puts my senses at ease...
Oh, it has all those creative add-ons, but I trust the old museum held recordings were authentic.

Quote:
I'm just fixated on "Spirit design" which I can see/sense in your telling of your experiences...Spirit design is also what made me keen on the video of the shaking tent practitioner...
Yes. Sounds like he had it in him since birth, but wasn’t consciously aware of it. It looks/smells like a “Spirit design”. Who he is and the circumstantial events which conspired, led him to recover/remember & renew/continue the practice.

These Spirit design stories give me hope too, because they indicate that all is not lost in the ‘indigenous world’. Some people still have an alive link to Spirit i.e. to the Power of the Universe, but in their own particular traditional cultural ways.
Old 22-03-2024, 07:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I am guilty of this many times...Seeing I work from my own information it can take a minute or more to remember all people work from their own information and were they operate from...To be of service to another I need to try and meet them where they are at if I can fathom it...
Yes. It is a marvel to witness how these – what I would call (from my cultural prism); - the “Upper World” Elders work. How they can *shift* to meet the other person on their ‘level’ (where their awareness is ‘assemblaged’) i.e. where they are AT, and “seeing” their individual problem/block in their alignment with Spirit, they either address it by speaking about it in their terms or call on Spirit, bringing about a Spirit design circumstance, which will give that other person the experience thus the realization.
But of course like the proverb says: “You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.”
Because, after the realization, it is up to the free will of the person what they will do with it.

I am not against Christianity, but here Christianity has often failed imo. A priest is not usually a shaman or an Elder who can call i.e. bring down a “spirit design” through alive link.

I still love this sermon “The Light That Began It All” and respect the old (Greek) Orthodox Church and the memory of the hermit monks who came to live in our wilderness areas.
They said that the Light (which every atom in the blade of grass emanates) was Christ.
Cool, we could accept that. We had seen it, the Light seen about the Sacred trees for example. We knew it - where did they think our “animism” (everything has spirit) came from!?
They said that this person Jesus, died for us. Cool, so Jesus was a shaman then - we thought, who when initiated by the Upper World Spirit “dies to himself and is brought back into the body, rearranged - in order to be able to serve Totality”.
So, we accepted Jesus. No worries. With those monks, we understood things in the same Spirit.
Until the Lutherans came and deemed all our beliefs to be of evil, of satan. And the Sacred trees that bathed in the Light were cut etc. etc. etc. Ahh, the pain!

I have only seen/witnessed 2 people brightly radiating this Light. Both were/are aboriginal. But their energy was such a high vibration, it kinda gave me “vertigo”. (Wasn’t a good omen about my readiness, and herein lies the danger. IF one starts on a spiritual path, one better finish it).

The Saami/Karelian surname “Valkeapää” translated “white head” originally meant a person, who had a bright halo. I think it is in the drum designs as well. Those people with many vertical lines above their heads - the more lines, the brighter their halo.

“The Light That Began It All”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e7j...thodoxChur ch
Old 22-03-2024, 11:02 PM
Master
Orthodox lectures on Alaskan Culture and Stories - video links which I had posted before.
(Only for those who are interested in Orthodox – Native stories as these videos are long).

This is very similar to how Christianity was introduced to Karelians, Forest and Skolt Saami, Tlingits being shamanic as well …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivp5...thodoxC hurch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBaZ...thodoxC hurch
Old 26-03-2024, 07:37 AM
Master
Light

A bit about the “Source light” or “Light of Spirit” ALL of us, the whole creation is made of.

Shamanic-Death-Experience is often referred to as Near-Death-Experience, but these are not the same although they do share similarities.

Shamanic Death is when ‘you’ die to ‘yourself’ and become a zero, a hollow bone (in this world) in order for Spirit to manifest through ‘you’, and afterwards the perceived reality (in this world) is quite similar to what people experience during NDEs.

I discovered these NDE videos relatively recently, f.e.x. this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrW...lSoulPodcas t

48:01
“To know we are all One”.
Every real spiritual awakening is a realization of this by concretely experiencing it.

49:38
Heavenly Realm Source Light is not another planet and although people often see this Light during NDEs it is not after physical death only when this light dawns; - is perceived, shamans see it (in this world) after their shamanic-death-experience, when they are back in the body, but 'rearranged'. The view is seeing matter and Spirit in union – the same way we can see/perceive space and form simultaneously.

In most of the NDEs, when people see/meet a ‘being of light’ they automatically assume it to be Jesus. Thank goodness in this NDE he was set straight.
But maybe one could call this Source Light “Christ Consciousness” or even “Awareness Light of Nonduality” (this direct inner knowing, which is like telepathy, but immediate).
Buddhists I think call this the “Clear Light”, Christians call it the “Light of God/Christ” and shamanics the “Light of Spirit”, but it is the same Light. There is no other Light.

These NDEs really help in illustrating shamanic worldview.
Old 26-03-2024, 12:01 PM
Master

Dunno where else to put this little story. I was going on a brief astral journey last night with my spirit animal, an eagle. As we made ready I suddenly realized I had never given him a name or heard one for him, so I asked him. And got a reply. It sounded latinish and didn't really seem appropriate for an eagle at first look but I accepted it. We went about out business and later on when I got to the laptop to look it up. Turns out it didn't mean what I thought, but something rather more spiritual and dignified. So, yeah, I know the name of my spirit animal now and I'm a bit humbled.
Old 26-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
These NDEs really help in illustrating shamanic worldview.

Yep, Once you have merged with the Light of Creation there is no going back...
I would like to be ignorant at times still...
It don't seem to work though, you can't unsee it or un-BE it or Unknow it...
I've had both a NDE and OBE's that has changed me...
I did not see Jesus though,LOL...I instantly recognized the Light of the Creator and it knew me and I knew it was my HOME...
Sheesh, it is what Breathes me/us...What a ride this Life is for sure...And by us I mean Everything, All my Relations, Plant, Animal, Rock, Water, Fire etc.etc.
But yes methinks you can call it Christ consciousness...

Loved all of your post #88 and that story in the video is familiar to me I have listened to his story a while back, not sure if it was the same podcast but was the same guy for sure...

...Peace...