Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 15-03-2024, 01:17 PM
Knower
WhiteWarrior
Like this??
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...OL._SX500_.jpg
https://i.etsystatic.com/19580343/r/...38316_81h8.jpg

First thing that came to mind is the NAC or Peyote Way...Their colors are red and blue and represent the dual nature in Life......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQqJCuLR1I

Also Comanche flag is red and blue...

...Peace...
Old 15-03-2024, 02:18 PM
Master

Very interesting. I was looking at Saami runes and all I could find that all such art was in the same color. The NAC as such I am not familiar with and I am so going to study that further. Thanks!
Old 15-03-2024, 03:13 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Very interesting. I was looking at Saami runes and all I could find that all such art was in the same color.

So you do have some idea of the culture and style of the silhouette...I see... More along the lines of this style on page (#3) ????https://real.mtak.hu/10487/1/Shamans...bols1_pdfa.pdf

Or the type you might see on a Sami drum...
https://www.highnorthnews.com/en/den...mi-drum-norway

Sami flag is a good symbol of red masculine and blue feminine...
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Sami_flag.svg

Last edited by eezi-ulgen : 16-03-2024 at 11:18 AM.
Old 15-03-2024, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezi-ulgen

59:26 >
Quote:
The way the shake tent works, it’s an immediate event – it’s like right now - there is no time delay.
It is weird, it is like an open door to the spirit world, right now …
Shaking tent itself is a living spirit, it is like a vessel for many other spirits to come in …
Connecting to the loved ones that have passed ….

Yeah. That is it, that is right. That is in the similar ballpark.
You are put on the immediate spot – ‘checkmated’ (by the “spirit design”) – you make the call or rather it just comes out of the depths of your being involuntarily … (that was like given to your ancestor long ago with a wolf connection) and the portal opens.

Which is why I said:
Quote:
Well, Totems can show up (not in a journey but energetically) but that is if one has actually had a totemic animal spirit ancestor or ancestors, I assume. But that is like opening a portal to the “Ghost Realm” – and boy – do they make a racket (in this realm) to let you know they have been ‘awakened’ or ‘contacted’.

I did not see any orbs, nor did I know what to do with it, I wasn’t afraid though but was just awed by all the racket. Everything all around me was banging, cracking, tooting, chiming and howling in the sequence of 4.

Never even thought about the possibility of it being made into a ceremony. But I guess it must have been for the ancestors.

If I tried now, nothing would surely happen, because ‘you’ don’t do it really – spirits arrange it.
Old 16-03-2024, 10:47 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Which is why I said: Well, Totems can show up (not in a journey but energetically) but that is if one has actually had a totemic animal spirit ancestor or ancestors, I assume.

Yeah, I am following you and I agree 100% "the portal opens"...This stuff is hard to put into words but when your Spirit helpers come that are directly connected by DNA Energy and is your Roots or coming out of your Roots there is that confident Power and merging that happens...Not imagination or concentration or psyche vision but a full on merger that can effect this physical reality, well now your getting somewhere...That's why I have so much respect for people who can work on such a Powerful level, because it takes commitment to Live a Life different from others to help others...

That is why that vid effected me so...I felt what this guy is working through or with...I would wager he is for real...Plus he gave enough information that I could go ask others from his community to ask if he's legit if need be...That was rare for me to find on the interwebs...

...Peace...

Last edited by eezi-ulgen : 16-03-2024 at 12:22 PM.
Old 16-03-2024, 03:22 PM
Master

Quote:
So you do have some idea of the culture and style of the silhouette...

The dream is already too far gone from my memory that I can recall the shape of the humanoid bodies in detail. I should have made a drawing that morning. But the red and blue gender distinction remains clear. I looked through that PDF but could not see anything else that matched colorwise.

The Saami flag, according to wikipedia, has red for the sun and blue for the moon. I read a few related articles but could not find anywhere a Saami gender color code. If anything they mention red as the color of the sun's sons and daughters.
Old 16-03-2024, 06:03 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
If anything they mention red as the color of the sun's sons and daughters.

Alright, I was just trying to see if I could pry a few more details from you...To see if we could find a direction to investigate...
As far as Sami goes sentient would know more then I would...

Though like I said in the first response to the dream world in post #70 "Figuring and sorting all the meanings can be a challenge"...

I didn't mean to send you on any wild goose chase...
I certainly don't want to waste time and send you down any unnecessary rabbit holes...

If I were investigating one of my dreams I would start with my own known DNA ancestral roots unless I had information pointing else where...Seeing if my intuition kicks in it's spidey senses...

..Peace...
Old 16-03-2024, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:

If I were investigating one of my dreams I would start with my own known DNA ancestral roots unless I had information pointing else where...

..Peace...

An interesting idea, but sadly I have a fair idea of where my genes point. Several relatives of mine have been keenly interested in genealogy and as a result I have a fairly extensive family tree map. It goes back to the viking kings along some lines, but most likely half the country can say that - those guys knew how to have a good time. Some lines are anchored up in the far north, but no Saami or any other non 'generic white guy' genes have shown up at all as far as the researchers have found.

Heh. For what it is worth... I live on an old battlefield. Seven wars have been fought here, as far back as history is known. Some of the local churches are from the 12th century and archeological research shows that there were pre-christian religious buildings and events that those churches were built on. We're definitely talking Asatru. So my house could be built on spilled blood from WW2, or on a Norse blot altar, and none would be the wiser today. It would be quite interesting if that was affecting my dreams but beside all those ww2 dreams I have.... hey wait a minute...
Old 17-03-2024, 12:06 AM
Master
As I was trying to formulate a joint response to you WhiteWarrior and to you eezi-ulgen, I now see that post no:77 beat me to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxus...amansDirectory
Loved the story of the pipe, how he, when he first saw it got all goosepimply. The pipe ‘spoke’ to him, it meant something to him … and turned out his family actually had had a real historical connection to that specific pipe.
As fantastic as the pipe story is, and as much as I might psych myself up into feeling it, no go. The pipe just doesn’t ‘live’ in my subconscious, nor in our collective subconscious or cellular memory – I’m just not connected to the Amerind pipe lore nor its energies.

But the story reminded me of the first time (might have mentioned it before) when I saw an image of a white hide drum with red markings on it. That was like his pipe feeling. And some rabbit holes later - turned out our family has got a drum connection.

So, the idea is not to look connections elsewhere, but within yourself WhiteWarrior. But you must really want to know the answer, whatever it turns out to be. Ask Spirit to show you & then let go of your request c/o Spirit. And one day when you least expect it perhaps, something catches your attention that ‘speaks’ to you directly – to your whole being. You sense it, you feel it, you know it. And what that something about it is - is then worth questioning further - going down those rabbit holes.

Did get my Kindle and a few frustrating anger management moments later also got the book “Shamanic Zone” written by – most probably – a distant Saami relative (RIP).
So far, he made a good point about listening. Many a sound had caught my (other dimensional) attention and drawn me into a light trance. That was a good piece of advice.

But (so far) the rest – I cannot recognize it apart from it being in the flavour of Harner’s new age neo shamanic reconstruction … And the Saami bits – so far – I’m scratching my head - what is he on about?!
Must say that I am only familiar with the Karelian-Saami admix blur. And we lived in the Eastern (Novgorod Orthodox) cultural sphere not Western and there was like 700+ years separating us. Or something like that. All this talk about Saami being ‘one people’ – well, there are differences …

This is a long video and I don’t expect yous to watch it right through.
It is like a re-enactment of the old Karelian ways.
But I had to laugh @ 1:40 > about the magpie omen lol. (Usually, magpie was considered a bad omen, but then again saw once in an environmental forest centre an old painting about magpie being a shaman’s animal spirit helper, so who knows – one should only go by personal experiences).
And the dream lol.
Once somebody started with these – there’d be no end of people joining in with their omen stories, dreams, premonitions, visions, communications with the departed, teleportations, spirit doubles – well, you name it. Synchronicities of them.
This we shared – Karelians and Saami alike, recognizing each other’s stories from our own experiences ...
But if Finns came into the house (especially Lutheran) everybody would fall silent, turn into mutes in fear that we would be seen as village idiots – which we all were/are, but that is besides the point.
& what is the point of telling these stories if the other person cannot relate to them at all …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Nz...l=PekkaSuutari
Old 18-03-2024, 12:47 AM
Master
Journeying

How I discovered the so called “shamanic journeying” .
Sorry, I only know how to talk about personal experiences.

At the time I was simultaneously studying and working with 2 groups. First Nations and a Western group and because their respective ‘reality orientations’ (how we perceive reality as reality) were so very different, the difference of the energy these orientations also created was even physically palpable and it was driving me absolutely nuts having to shift from one orientation to another all the time. This also culminated into internal crises point of “who am I”, “am I Indigenous or am I Western?”

At home my very first vision, when I was about 3-4 years old came to mind. In it I saw like in a black and white photograph a group of people of dark complexion, with matted hair and with pelts on, to whom I felt gran and I were intimately connected.
And just then this music called “The Ganges” was playing on the radio, which was almost putting me into a trance. - Which gave me the idea of a past-life-hypno-therapy, because maybe that could give some answers to that first vision.

From thought to action, found a clinical hypnotherapist who also did past life regressions and made the appointment.
A night before the session, saw a dream, where the ‘dream guide’ was telling me that I am going to the animal house to meet my mother. And I thought: “Who do I think I was in my past life JC-born in a manger!”

Entered into the therapist’s office and opposite to the door – on the wall was a large photograph of River Ganges. Seeing my startled look, the therapist went on to explain that he had lived by the River Ganges in India.
(Synchronicity check – omen check, so I thought I could trust the situation).

In a nutshell, what unfolded was a scene, where I was a 3-4 years old in a tipi-like-tent and opposite me was this very Siberian looking lady. I was bouncing on the pelts, which were laid so thick on the ‘tipi’ floor. The tipi canvas was perhaps also made of animal hides … (hence the dream about the “animal house” - check).

When the hypnotist then asked me about the meaning of the vision potentially being carried into this life, something inside of me unblocked and I started bawling my eyes out uncontrollably about the vital need to remember … & this lasted for hours, I just couldn’t stop. People on the bus-stop asked me if I was alright and I told them I was great, just been to a hypno-therapist

Later, at home, I wondered if I could induce the same kind of ‘hypnotic trance’ by myself, and this is how I learned “journeying”.
This was before I learned about DNA and all that (physical reality validation check), which followed later …

Haven’t done journeying for ages but ….