Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-09-2020, 04:00 AM
Master
Do we have a choice to make?

Does life come down to a choice? A choice between either God or 'I'. You can either choose to be your own God or you can choose for God to be God?

That is how it seems to me. Most people choose to be their own God or make no choice at all. But Christians, Muslims and Jews choose our Father to be God. The difference between Muslims, Jews and Christians is that Christians have a set path to follow to reach God. Muslims and Jews believe that our Father is God but can they reach Him?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-09-2020, 04:16 AM
Master

I don't think that "life come down to a choice [...] either God or 'I' ".

I think the choice is to look for knowledge and guidance either outward, or inward; that is: either trust a dogma and/or a guru, or to trust your inner source of knowledge and guidance. I choose the latter.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-09-2020, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Does life come down to a choice? A choice between either God or 'I'. You can either choose to be your own God or you can choose for God to be God?

That is how it seems to me. Most people choose to be their own God or make no choice at all. But Christians, Muslims and Jews choose our Father to be God. The difference between Muslims, Jews and Christians is that Christians have a set path to follow to reach God. Muslims and Jews believe that our Father is God but can they reach Him?

' Christians have a set path to follow to reach God. '

And somebody else chose that path for them
Old 18-09-2020, 11:01 AM
Master
My perspective is, the choice is free will. We come here to learn, all beliefs and religions recognize free will, don’t they? All of the other labels are simply perspective, from my perspective.
Old 18-09-2020, 11:06 AM
Master
I don't think I understand the dichotomy. Then again, I don't get most dichotomies on here. ''I vs. God'', ''spiritual vs. nonspiritual'', etc. Isn't really my cup of tea, it reduces us and categorizes us and unnecessarily so. Lots of beliefs are fluid when looking at it practically. Sometimes you may find you wish to worship God, Honza, and at other times you want to focus on yourself. You can believe in God and you can focus on yourself. Wherever is the 'issue'?
Old 19-09-2020, 03:54 AM
ImthatIm

What about the 3rd choice?
The unification of God and I.
Which I believe it is attained through the Spirit of Love.
Old 19-09-2020, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
What about the 3rd choice?
The unification of God and I.
Which I believe it is attained through the Spirit of Love.

' The unification of God and I '

Was there ever a separation
Old 19-09-2020, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Wherever is the 'issue'?

I think the issue is to make sense of the confusion and not to miss the mark. One would like a clear sense of direction.

Old 19-09-2020, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' The unification of God and I '

Was there ever a separation

It certainly seems as though there is most of the time. Most people are not even aware of God. I am aware of Him but feel very separate. Union is the greatest challenge perhaps?

Old 19-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I think the issue is to make sense of the confusion and not to miss the mark. One would like a clear sense of direction.

Seek inner peace and the confusion melts away and so you can't miss the mark.