Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-09-2020, 09:12 PM
janielee

Please stay on topic in this thread, and don't try to gaslight and set people up - it's not becoming for a so called 'Christian'. Record of discussion is already on the thread.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC
Old 13-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Master

Everyone made some very good points
The original quote is the same thing Jesus was saying
It all makes sense
Old 13-09-2020, 11:14 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

Reminder here of the original topic. I am in recovery from not only Sciatica but a Kidney Stone so I am in no condition or mood for games of he said she said **. Take the personal remarks and banter to PM with eachother.

Lynn
SF Admin

Color God
Courtesy ketzer:

“There are always those who take it upon themselves to defend God, as if Ultimate Reality, as if the sustaining frame of existence, were something weak and helpless. These people walk by a widow deformed by leprosy begging for a few paise, walk by children dressed in rags living in the street, and they think, "Business as usual." But if they perceive a slight against God, it is a different story. Their faces go red, their chests heave mightily, they sputter angry words. The degree of their indignation is astonishing. Their resolve is frightening.

These people fail to realize that it is on the inside that God must be defended, not on the outside. They should direct their anger at themselves. For evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out. The main battlefield for good is not the open ground of the public arena but the small clearing of each heart. Meanwhile, the lot of widows and homeless children is very hard, and it is to their defense, not God's, that the self-righteous should rush.”

― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
If the crow has chosen you as your spirit or totem animal, it supports you in developing the power of sight, transformation, and connection with life’s magic.
Old 13-09-2020, 11:15 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello Members

Reminder here of the original topic. I am in recovery from not only Sciatica but a Kidney Stone so I am in no condition or mood for games of he said she said **. Take the personal remarks and banter to PM with eachother.

Lynn:

Sorry - I know you are not well.

Please take care.

JL
Old 13-09-2020, 11:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello Members

Lynn
SF Admin

Color God
Courtesy ketzer:

“There are always those who take it upon themselves to defend God, as if Ultimate Reality, as if the sustaining frame of existence, were something weak and helpless. These people walk by a widow deformed by leprosy begging for a few paise, walk by children dressed in rags living in the street, and they think, "Business as usual." But if they perceive a slight against God, it is a different story. Their faces go red, their chests heave mightily, they sputter angry words. The degree of their indignation is astonishing. Their resolve is frightening.

These people fail to realize that it is on the inside that God must be defended, not on the outside. They should direct their anger at themselves. For evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out. The main battlefield for good is not the open ground of the public arena but the small clearing of each heart. Meanwhile, the lot of widows and homeless children is very hard, and it is to their defense, not God's, that the self-righteous should rush.”

― Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Take big care of yourself, I had problems with both sciatica and my kidney, the pain I endured was horrible, stay strong and remember, you will be fine!
Old 14-09-2020, 01:56 AM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Christians do a lot for the poor and the needy, it's a Christian way. They go out of there way to work with the poor and the marginalized, er some do. Most Christians know God as compassion and love.

Some will kill for their views, just like all the other Religious folk.

Hindu, Muslim, Christian, and Jew, who has not been on that war PATH.

God is Love my Bishop would preach.

I'm good with that.

Fanatics divide love into sides.... when

Love is all we need.

You forgot homophobic, misogynous and fascist.

Regards
DL
Old 14-09-2020, 02:02 AM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
No one seems to want to answer that question.

A lot of the aid comes from countries claiming to be Christian.

As far as I know, there does not appear to be any aid from Gnostics.
Maybe some Gnostics can provide some data on their help.

The many inquisitions wiped out quite a bit. Your satanic side.

The problems are being funded by all collectively.

Only an *** hole would try to cut out Gnostics and other free thinkers from any religion.

Regards
DL
Old 14-09-2020, 08:17 PM
Master
Gnostics do not accept the Bible and are engulfed in a hodgepodge of "new age" beliefs.
Much like the Nicolaitions in the Book of Revelation that Jesus addresses.
Rejecting the Canon of scripture

Despite the Scroll findings in Qumran. Which include most of the Book of Isaiah.
Which writings substantiate our present translations.

They are not actually Christian. No matter what they may call themselves.

Rejecting Jesus own words. Rejecting that He fulfilled the Messianic prophesies also and His physical incarnation.

They would be considered anathema by the first Christians.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Master
Gnostics believe in ''demiurge'' and other things that don't align with Biblical tradition. They are a mystery tradition.

Differences between Christianity and Gnosticism:

(1) An alienated humanity (Gnosticism) versus a good creation (Christianity).
(2) Knowledge that saves (Gnosticism) versus Knowledge of Mighty Acts (Christianity).
(3) Salvation through escape (Gnosticism) versus salvation through pilgrimage (Christianity).
(4) The knowing of self (Gnosticism) versus the believing community (Christianity).
(5) A spiritual elite (Gnosticism) versus ordinary people (Christianity).
(6) Selective syncretism (Gnosticism) versus particularity (Christianity).

From: https://www.theaquilareport.com/gnos...-christianity/
Old 14-09-2020, 08:56 PM
ImthatIm

I think in any man/woman it is a difficult path
to develop a pure heart and follow it , when societies
give us a corrupt system to follow.

In my beliefs I trust a God both inside and outside that will
Father my errors of being with all the various teachings that are available.
I have done both, given to those in need and also passed them
right by. I would hope my giving becomes more Loving in my future days.
All I can do is honestly evaluate my heart and mind,body and soul and accept
what I find and continue purifying said mind,body, Heart and Soul.
I observe Loving acts and bow.
^^^^^^^