Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I imagine there would be some kind of casting out of devils room for me.

I have attended bible school, I would sit on a porch in a cabin in the
mountains with a dear friend of mine and we would feed birds and talk about
Forgiveness and Mercy and Love and Life. Sometimes for days. He was a living example of them.
He softened my Heart and I miss him.

Now that sounds good to me and would definitely prefer that to any Bible School, at least the Birds don't criticise

It's painful when you miss someone.... but that's the price we pay for love.
Old 25-09-2020, 12:33 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some people do not realize that causalities (causes and effects) are a major part of Judaism and Christianity. The word causality is not used in the Bible but
the implementation of it is found through out the Bible.

Along with causality is forgiveness, mercy and love as you mentioned.
Yes, I expect that the exploration of causalities is one of the most important purposes for incarnation into a life experience. Sometimes we follow down branching paths of causality to results we judge to be just, moral, or good. Other times we follow branching paths that lead to results we judge to be unjust, immoral, or evil. Of course it is hard to know when following these paths where they will lead and sometimes they lead to places that hurt ourselves or others, but I expect that is just part of learning ones way.

Back in the mythical garden of Eden, we were ignorant of good and evil, but we did not know it and we were without need or want. We could have just stayed there, with God and the garden meeting all of our needs for us, but the tree of knowledge of good and evil was just too tempting. God has such knowledge and we did not want to be kept from it either. The snake told A&E that God didn't want them to eat because then they would have the knowledge and be like God. And so they did eat, and now A&E find themselves on the tree of life, where all of the branches lead to different paths and they must keep moving and choosing at each branching point. Each choice a cause leading them to effects further along the branch, not knowing which way to go or where the branch will end. Does the path end at good or does it end with evil? How can one know which branch to follow, what the right choices are? How can one know which cause to cause, and whether it will eventually lead to a good effect or an evil one?

The journey of man it seems to me, is mirrored in the journey of each man or women. We are born ignorant with our parents responsible for meeting our needs. But eventually we leave that behind and strike out on our own, finding our own path through life, making our own choices, setting causes in motion that will lead to effects for ourselves and others.

Life is perhaps an exploration of such causality, religion is perhaps man's attempt to make sense of it all. Both man and religion have a lot more to explore and much left to learn. I suppose mercy and forgiveness come about much easier when man makes the wrong choices and brings about evil if one considers the monumental task that is being undertook.