Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I did it, it was my fault.

Is it your fault if your forced by Gunpoint to do something you wouldn't normally do ?
Old 02-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Is it your fault if your forced by Gunpoint to do something you wouldn't normally do ?
I wrote to "blame me" as a dumb joke I guess.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
that's actually a good and tricky question. There's many different variations that could "cause" this and influence the "effect". If someone puts a gun to your head and tells you to hurt someone. Would be different if someone puts a gun to your head and makes you do sexual things. what you do can affect the outcome or the long term side affects. The person doing the crime should be held accountable. But is that blame??? I really don't know.

I did start a thread on this topic in the strong opinion and discussion section. Maybe someone else's point of view helpful as well.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:19 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I wrote to "blame me" as a dumb joke I guess.
No take backs! You are to blame.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:32 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Good question. Some might say that nobody can be forced to do anything by simply pointing a gun at them. One could 'call their bluff', or even choose to 'take the bullet'. Perhaps it depends on whether the 'higher self' is the one at the controls?.

Reminds me of a Zen story, but could it be a true story?

Zen story

During the civil wars in feudal Japan, an invading army would quickly sweep into a town and take control. In one particular village, everyone fled just before the army arrived - everyone except the Zen master.

Curious about this old fellow, the general went to the temple to see for himself what kind of man this master was. When he wasn't treated with the deference and submissiveness to which he was accustomed, the general burst into anger.
"You fool," he shouted as he reached for his sword, "don't you realize you are standing before a man who could run you through without blinking an eye!"

But despite the threat, the master seemed unmoved.
"And do you realize," the master replied calmly, "that you are standing before a man who can be run through without blinking an eye?"

Warning: rather graphic pic.
https://i.redd.it/4zm9uadcp5931.jpg
Old 02-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
No take backs! You are to blame.
yes sir..
Old 02-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
that's actually a good and tricky question. There's many different variations that could "cause" this and influence the "effect". If someone puts a gun to your head and tells you to hurt someone. Would be different if someone puts a gun to your head and makes you do sexual things. what you do can affect the outcome or the long term side affects. The person doing the crime should be held accountable. But is that blame??? I really don't know.

I did start a thread on this topic in the strong opinion and discussion section. Maybe someone else's point of view helpful as well.

I see all as ' Cause and effect ' rather than ' Fault ' or ' Blame ' it makes sense to me personally.
Christianity is more about fault and blame and Sin etc:
Old 02-09-2020, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
I see all as ' Cause and effect ' rather than ' Fault ' or ' Blame ' it makes sense to me personally.
Christianity is more about fault and blame and Sin etc:
If you made a point to make sure the person who committed the crime was held accountable, could you call that blame???? Or what would you call it? I wouldn't call it blame. But this is going way off the main topic.

Last edited by hallow : 25-11-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
If you made a point to make sure the person who committed the crime was held accountable, could you call that blame???? Or what would you call it? I wouldn't call it blame. But this is going way off the main topic.

I love that Chinese Proverb, is so true....

I think being accountable is positive as you take responsibility for your actions and can go forward and learn from your errors but I don't think it's accepting ' Blame '.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:04 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I appreciate your words once more.

thank you Big John, but you know as I say, ALL Glory goes to Jehovah! because it's him who place the words for me to relay. he wants all of us to gain accurate knowledge ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). satan on the other hand, tries to fool us into believing his lies ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil). but he can't if we stick close to Jehovah and Jesus!