Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-01-2020, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Assuming this OP question is about Christian sacred scriptures only...

Bible scholars agree there were approximately 500 "gospels" around before the Ecumenical Council of Nicea narrowed it down to the canon that is the present traditionally accepted "Bible". The rest were considered apocryphal, and some considered heretical. In the 1950s one of these were found in a terracotta pot in Nag Hammadi and contained, among other interesting things, a gospel of Mary Magdelene.
It was a delight to read your post.

More and more older manuscripts, etc. are being found that provides us with more insight on how accurate the Bible is today. This has led to more accurate Bibles.

You mentioned Nag Hammadi which also brought to our attention the Gospel of Thomas. I plan in the future to present several translations of that Gospel so people can see the differences between translations.

Thanks for surfacing Nag Hammadi to my attention.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 04-01-2020, 05:49 AM
Seeker

As to your question. Yes there are other written texts. Sadly alexander the great captured them and placed them all in a library. a library that was destroyed or lost. even text that were older the 12,000 years.
secondly Believe I have found text that were never accumulated by Alexander the Great, that were hidden and then lost. Not to exclude the 12 written languages that today have never been deciphered.
There is a project under way to copy all lose lost scrolls and tablets Alexander once had. for some years now.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:00 AM
Seeker

as to our acceptance of the written word today it is mostly a perversions of thought. one designed to segregate our species into 2 waring factions. The word "woman" for one example is a perversion of our species. Predicated on separating the word and placing 1/2 of our species in servitude.

Case in point. the word "woman" was invented in the 15th century. In no text was that word used before that. In the Muslim bible it states it is a death penalty to change any word. So how did the word Woman get in a bible text that was written 400 years earlier?

CONTROL is the goal of the word. Will one believe in the word?
EDIT : Should not Males and Females be equally revered? For with out the one we can not have the other.

Postscript; Have been in may high level meetings with fortune 400. have refused at all times to use the word woman. those males in the room that all can clearly see feel put out of place. I engage them to correct them. Some times I say "I AM SORRY I did not know you were pregnant." they say "I am NOT" then I say "Then how are you not a man?" "How are you not my equal if you have not produced a womb?"
My favorite time is when the room goes beyound the time of the mediphoric pregnat pause in speach. :)
Old 04-01-2020, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolXx
as to our acceptance of the written word today it is mostly a perversions of thought. one designed to segregate our species into 2 waring factions. The word "woman" for one example is a perversion of our species. Predicated on separating the word and placing 1/2 of our species in servitude.

Case in point. the word "woman" was invented in the 15th century. In no text was that word used before that. In the Muslim bible it states it is a death penalty to change any word. So how did the word Woman get in a bible text that was written 400 years earlier?

CONTROL is the goal of the word. Will one believe in the word?
EDIT : Should not Males and Females be equally revered? For with out the one we can not have the other.

' the word "woman" was invented in the 15th century. '

Why do you think so?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:34 AM
Seeker

@sky123
For I am read. both in ancient Hebrew and Arabic. SHOW ME> where

Forgive me. this is not to be a challenge. the closest I have found was in the 14th century northern great Britain where the term was written as wombed man.
IN hebrew there are 27 different pro nouns for the female and in aribic there are 17.
if females get to have a name like woman then do males get to have a name like sperman? LOL sorry thatis a private joke to myself. have tossled over the term to come up with a proper noun to males. thake your best shot. :)
Old 04-01-2020, 06:41 AM
Master
Quote:
@sky123
For I am read. both in ancient Hebrew and Arabic. SHOW ME> where
I have read many Manuscripts pre-15c and can assure you the word ' Woman/Women does appear, so let's agree to differ
Old 04-01-2020, 06:58 AM
Seeker

again? show me. I am interested in where the monks that worked for king James In northern Great Britain translated ancient Arabic from the ancient Hebrew to deciphering the dead sea scrolls came up with the pro noun.

and if you can do that ? then I will tell you the name of this planet.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:07 AM
Seeker

It is not in the "original" Book of Enoch.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:09 AM
Seeker

It is not in the "original" Book of Enoch. in fact that's a good word.

"original" book. I have purchased many original books. at great cost. in the original books the pro noun woman is not there.

Therefore my original hypothesis stands. that ancient text are currently being copied and transcribed written from thousands of years ago that are not known texted to the populism.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:29 AM
Master
Quote:
again? show me. I am interested in where the monks that worked for king James In northern Great Britain translated ancient Arabic from the ancient Hebrew to deciphering the dead sea scrolls came up with the pro noun.
and if you can do that ? then I will tell you the name of this planet.
It was Translated in Southern England by Church of England Priests..... All University Graduates...