Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 31-08-2020, 02:38 AM
Master
Lightbulb SPIRITUALISM: ITS EFFECT ON MANKIND

Has Spiritualism had an effect on your life?

Do you resonate with the 'American' version or the 'European' versions?

Have you ever attended a Spiritualist Church?

What about attending a seance?

Involved in table tipping, etc.?

Please discuss.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:59 AM
hazada guess

Briefly............Since my mother died, I turned to spiritualism.Especially after a mediumship reading left me in no doubt that there was more to this life.
It has opened my world and made me certain of my true path in life, I now go forward with confidence knowing that I am on the right path.(After much advice seeking and studying).
As I am a European,(i'm from the UK,I follow the European version especially as I am not familiar with the American one.At the end of the day,they are both the same if you study them enough and sort out the Wheat from the chaff. There is only 1 greater consciousness.
I attend a spiritualist church frequently, though not so much now as it was they that opened my eyes to my path forward and now I feel more confident, I feel that I no longer need them so much.(This site has been my main support system).

I haven't or wont attend a séance as they are dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

That is it briefly in a nutshell.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:11 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Briefly............Since my mother died, I turned to spiritualism.Especially after a mediumship reading left me in no doubt that there was more to this life.
It has opened my world and made me certain of my true path in life, I now go forward with confidence knowing that I am on the right path.(After much advice seeking and studying).
As I am a European,(i'm from the UK,I follow the European version especially as I am not familiar with the American one.At the end of the day,they are both the same if you study them enough and sort out the Wheat from the chaff. There is only 1 greater consciousness.
I attend a spiritualist church frequently, though not so much now as it was they that opened my eyes to my path forward and now I feel more confident, I feel that I no longer need them so much.(This site has been my main support system).

I haven't or wont attend a séance as they are dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

That is it briefly in a nutshell.
We like nutshells!... Least I do! Can't do with big fancy ramblings !.. . But I would agree with everything you say, as to my own experiences... I'm from UK too . And also not familiar with other ways of the world. I attended twice yearly a spiritual reading with a lovely lady.. I learnt so much . And same.... I would never attend a seance ...
Old 01-09-2020, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
We like nutshells!... Least I do! Can't do with big fancy ramblings !.. . But I would agree with everything you say, as to my own experiences... I'm from UK too . And also not familiar with other ways of the world. I attended twice yearly a spiritual reading with a lovely lady.. I learnt so much . And same.... I would never attend a seance ...

I've been to numerous seances.

What I found is that it is hard to find a seance that is legitimate.
I went several times to one place noted for seances and learned a lot of their 'tricks'.
Even though their seances were phony, I did have some unbelievable
experiences there that surpassed any kind of experience I could have
in a seance.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-09-2020, 07:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I've been to numerous seances.

What I found is that it is hard to find a seance that is legitimate.
I went several times to one place noted for seances and learned a lot of their 'tricks'.
Even though their seances were phony, I did have some unbelievable
experiences there that surpassed any kind of experience I could have
in a seance.

Perhaps that's down to your attending seances intended to mislead and deceive or are provided for entertainment?

Based on what you've written that certainly sounds like their actual outcomes. As you knew or expected them to be phony, why did you go to so many?
Old 02-09-2020, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Perhaps that's down to your attending seances intended to mislead and deceive or are provided for entertainment?

Based on what you've written that certainly sounds like their actual outcomes. As you knew or expected them to be phony, why did you go to so many?

I went to 'so many' because I thought I would be going to a real seance.

I was severely disappointed when I noticed a lot of them were phony.

Old 02-09-2020, 07:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Book1

Quote:
Has Spiritualism had an effect on your life?

Yes it has actually had a significant effect on my whole life but learning about survival beyond death has had a far bigger one. Modern Spiritualism is founded on that simple truth of survival and showing evidence of it by communication with some of those who have passed over.

Quote:
Do you resonate with the 'American' version or the 'European' versions?

I'm a Brit living half my time in the UK, half in the US, and find the Brit version closer to my understanding of 'Spiritualism'. The dearth of American churches and centers results in would-be members being unable to find them in many states and counties. Additionally without a network of affiliated churches those that do exist may focus on very different things, potentially losing the simplicity of the message Spiritualism espouses.

Quote:
Have you ever attended a Spiritualist Church?

Yes but only one in the US.

Quote:
What about attending a seance?

Yes but not in the US.

Quote:
Involved in table tipping, etc.?

ditto

Quote:
Please discuss.

I'll be happy to discuss the subject of Spiritualism.

For the record, Modern Spiritualism in the UK is a structured, registered and recognised religion and philosophy. (The situation in the US is similar I believe.) Its churches are often found under the umbrella of the SNU, the Spiritualists' National Union. (The NSAC also has a list of affiliated churches.) Also for the record I'm a long-time Spiritualist who rarely visits a church anywhere and has no affiliation to any.

A seance is essentially just a meeting, a gathering of those usually of like mind. The seance or meeting can be anything its members want it to be - meditation, messing with a ouija board, using a crystal ball, scrying, psychometry or whatever else. But none of that necessarily has anything directly to do with Spiritualism itself, the discussion topic.

Table tipping and the production of other phenomena are not part of Spiritualism. It's arguable they may sometimes have a serious purpose in development but equally they may be carried out more as entertainment in an informal setting.

At a more focused, a more serious level a seance may be for the purpose of the development of its members and/or evidential mediumship provided by an experienced medium. In this regard it IS all to do with Spiritualism even if members don't class themselves as Spiritualists.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:22 AM
Master
I talked several times to the President of the NSAC Spiritualist Church.

The Spiritualist I know, are not too enthused with the NSAC because of their stand on reincarnation.

Although I use to attend one Spiritualist Church which recited the NSAC's Declaration of Principles at each service.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I talked several times to the President of the NSAC Spiritualist Church.

The Spiritualist I know, are not too enthused with the NSAC because of their stand on reincarnation.

Although I use to attend one Spiritualist Church which recited the NSAC's Declaration of Principles at each service.

It's a shame that Spiritualism doesn't have better guidance on the notion of reincarnation although I think it's become a bigger issue than is warranted. I'm not familiar with the NSAC Declaration Of Principles.

I do acknowledge, though, that many folk are deeply interested in linkage between reincarnation and past-life-recall but that last subject has little to do with Spiritualism anyway.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:28 AM
Deactivated Account
I've enjoyed our conversation, BigJohn.

Despite the many registered members here, no more than a handful appear to be Spiritualists or know anything about Spiritualism. Perhaps they are unable, unprepared or unwilling to engage in discussion on the subject - who knows?

I don't even know if you're a Spiritualist but I most assuredly am. Perhaps it doesn't much matter how others describes themselves but for me as an individual it does matter.

On the first point above, elsewhere online I have a friend who is the most knowledgeable non-Spiritualist Spiritualist I know! I call him 'my duck friend' - walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks. He's a Spiritualist in every way save for seeing himself as one or calling himself one......

I don't go around declaring my persuasion in everyday life but on discussion forums the subject is one of my specialties. The addition of this Spiritualism forum was in part down to my persuasion and encouragement.