Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-01-2021, 09:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some ministers have been known to rant about prostitutes ..... only to find out they have been visiting a prostitute. So when they rant against gays.......

It reminds me of a song from Jewel...

do you hate him, 'cause he's pieces of you?
Old 10-01-2021, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
I think Paul gets blamed for misogyny, and in truth, he may not even have been responsible for those nasty bits attributed to him.

The sad part of it all, some people have a lot of 'hatred' for him. I think if we look at his conduct, it shows a man who truly did favor women. He favored women more then the other Apostles combined....... but some, refuse to see that.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Do you suspect they were directing their 'talks' to you?

To me, they seem very much like everybody else........ buy them a coffee and they will say "Thank You".

I think one of the hardiest lessons to learn in this life time is how to get along with others. That seems to be the ultimate in spirituality.

There's nothing perfect under the sun. You can even go to paganism, and still Pandora opened the box and left all the evil out into the world.

In the gnostic mythos, Sophia birthed the demiurge.

We women just get it from all angles. Lol. You have to brush it off, set it aside.

I am sure the JWs still manage to have strong personal experiences. I just wish they realized they could do it another way.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
There's nothing perfect under the sun. You can even go to paganism, and still Pandora opened the box and left all the evil out into the world.

In the gnostic mythos, Sophia birthed the demiurge.

We women just get it from all angles. Lol. You have to brush it off, set it aside.

I am sure the JWs still manage to have strong personal experiences. I just wish they realized they could do it another way.

Sometimes...... I think women in general might contribute to how some people think about them and this might be reflective in their role models. Before I dig too deep a hole, let me say, one of my favorite role models has always been Ada Lovelace. I have never came across a woman who knew who she was. Some of those women know her Father, Lord Byron but not Ada Lovelace.

Ada Lovelace critiqued the works of the one who is known as the Father of Computers. That chap was Charles Babbage. Because she was able to critique Babbage's works, I have always had the feeling she might have known more..... then he did! By the way, He did his work so as to be known as the Father of Computers, back in the 1830's! Yes, 1830's!!!!

Now back to my original though.... I suspect if women got better role models, that in of itself would put them in higher 'positions'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:37 PM
Experiencer

I just think that sex and gender are given too much weight.

My Spirit is more than my body and its desires.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I just think that sex and gender are given too much weight.

My Spirit is more than my body and its desires.

I agree especially.

I remember when I went to College, one woman I knew, would run ahead and open the door for me.............. People should stop cutting out 'stereotypes' with a cookie cutter.

Old 11-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Sometimes...... I think women in general might contribute to how some people think about them and this might be reflective in their role models. Before I dig too deep a hole, let me say, one of my favorite role models has always been Ada Lovelace. I have never came across a woman who knew who she was. Some of those women know her Father, Lord Byron but not Ada Lovelace.

Ada Lovelace critiqued the works of the one who is known as the Father of Computers. That chap was Charles Babbage. Because she was able to critique Babbage's works, I have always had the feeling she might have known more..... then he did! By the way, He did his work so as to be known as the Father of Computers, back in the 1830's! Yes, 1830's!!!!

Now back to my original though.... I suspect if women got better role models, that in of itself would put them in higher 'positions'.

ah Ada Lovelace i know a bit about her
Babbage was a genius but his vision for the computer ended at calculating and printing tables of numbers for use by the military sciences which is what his machine was designed to do

Ada was also a genius on the other hand wrote how she could see computers producing art and graphics and even composing music. That is visionary thinking and she also fixed some bugs in Babbage's code
Sometimes I feel women try to be better than men at being men which is like saying men are what should be emulated, but what's the point, why not innovate and be best women and show what you can do and kick butt
Today women seem to be pulled in all these directions, it's unfair if you ask me. It's quite unusual to hear a true female perspective on things, which is our loss not the other way around :)
Old 11-01-2021, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
ah Ada Lovelace i know a bit about her
Babbage was a genius but his vision for the computer ended at calculating and printing tables of numbers for use by the military sciences which is what his machine was designed to do

Ada was also a genius on the other hand wrote how she could see computers producing art and graphics and even composing music. That is visionary thinking and she also fixed some bugs in Babbage's code
Sometimes I feel women try to be better than men at being men which is like saying men are what should be emulated, but what's the point, why not innovate and be best women and show what you can do and kick butt
Today women seem to be pulled in all these directions, it's unfair if you ask me. It's quite unusual to hear a true female perspective on things, which is our loss not the other way around :)

NICE COMMENT

Ada Lovelace I look upon as a role model. I put her as being #2. #1 is Maria Agreda who was an advisor to the King and Pope and is listed as #1 for bi-location and ranked high on the list for levitation (both Catholic 'used' words'). She did all of this in the first half of the 1600's!

Her bi-locations were so unique, that she was able to converse in a foreign language and give gifts to some of the Indians in Southwest USA!

Old 31-01-2021, 07:32 AM
Master
Another source that helps explain Gnosticism is the Epistle of Eugnostos. You can find this Epistle in the Nag Hammadi library.

In this Epistle, God is called "Father of the Universe". God is referenced as Forefather as oppose to being called 'Father'. The 'Father' " is the beginning (or principle) of what is visible. For he (the Lord) is the beginningless Forefather."