Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Master
The Scapegoat

"For on this day shall atonement be made for you to cleanse you.
You shall be clean before the Lord from all your sins

And this shall be a statute forever for you,
That atonement shall be made for the people of Israel once in the year because of their sins.

And Aaron did as was commanded to Moses."

Leviticus 16

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

That atonement shall be made for the people of Israel once in the year because of their sins.

Leviticus 16

I am not sure on your issue, but do you think it good to punish another, even an animal, for the mistakes you have made?

Now I do know how the Jews used their forgiveness power during the feast that consumed the animal left, while the scapegoat was sent to god for the forgiveness of the sins it carried, but that is not what the Christians adopted.

They used a person as a scapegoat and think they will pass heaven gate while abusing Jesus.

Bishop Spong was correct when saying the substitutional punishment is what will kill Christianity.

It is not morally justifiable.

Rgeards
DL
Old 21-09-2020, 12:54 AM
Master
Jesus had stated, "The Son of man came not to serve...
but to serve, and to give His life for the many."
Mathew 20, Mark 10

You are reduced.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Jesus had stated, "The Son of man came not to serve...
but to serve, and to give His life for the many."
Mathew 20, Mark 10

You are reduced.

As usual, the moment morals are in question, the immoral start to quote instead of think.

Stop beating your innocent son instead of your guilty one and think that a good moral way to think and act.

If Jesus/Yahweh is to serve us, he is not serving us well when the vast majority of us are bound for hell.

Incompetent S.O.B. and a poor servant.

Regards
DL
Old 21-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Seeker

I thought the thread was going to be about Azazel, whom is considered the scapegoat.

1. Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him:
2. '〈Go to Noah〉 and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it.
3. And now instruct him that he may escape and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.'
4. And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azâzêl hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert, which is in Dûdâêl, and cast him therein.
5. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may not see light.
6. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons.
8. And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azâzêl: to him ascribe all sin.'
Old 21-09-2020, 03:23 PM
Master
The Scapegoat was led into the wilderness or Azazel.

What book are you quoting from?

Old 21-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Master

Quote:
The Scapegoat was led into the wilderness or Azazel.

What book are you quoting from?

That's from the Book of Enoch.
Old 21-09-2020, 04:55 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMcKay
I thought the thread was going to be about Azazel, whom is considered the scapegoat.

1. Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him:
2. '〈Go to Noah〉 and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it.
3. And now instruct him that he may escape and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.'
4. And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azâzêl hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert, which is in Dûdâêl, and cast him therein.
5. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may not see light.
6. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons.
8. And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azâzêl: to him ascribe all sin.'

You do know that there are two Noah stories in scriptures. Yes?

Both seem to lay the blame on the sons of god who used the Earth as a brothel.

As usual, Yahweh punishes the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL
Old 27-09-2020, 10:22 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Leviticus 16

So if they make a sacrifice of a goat to the lord, do they still get to eat the goat? Otherwise it would just be wasting food and I don't think the lord should be condoning that. Goat is delicious in a good curry. I mean God did rain down manna from the sky which is basically just like naan so it could have been used to mop up the curry sauce. Rogan Josh is one of my favorites. Hey! I wonder if that got named after Joshua? Kind of makes ya think, it could mean Joshua's curry in some ancient forgotten language, spoken around fires late at night at some oasis, long since burred by the sands of the desert, driven by the winds of time. Wow! Just think! I bet it does! Makes perfect sense. I will have to make some of that one of these days and think about that while I eat it. It will be a very profoundly spiritual dinner.