Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Truth Behind Enlightenment

In Buddhism, emptiness is referred to as Shunyata and in other traditions well versed in meditation, once one becomes conscious and operative within this emptiness, I believe (kindly correct me if I am wrong) they experience nirvana.

If they only visit this emptiness, it may be a samadhi experience, and they grow into this emptiness until it seeps into they're everyday consciousness and they are said to be enlightened.

However, coming to thing of it, where does the 'light' come from if the place is empty? Yes, there is no light found there. What is found is just consciousness.

We human beings were created by God to have an emptiness that is to be filled by His Spirit. This emptiness is the 'secret place' Jesus Christ spoke of when He was teaching his disciples how to pray. It is in this emptiness that God comes through and we fellowship with him; having a conversation, basking in his presence, so on and so forth.

When our emptiness is filled with God's Spirit, we are said to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and we can begin our journey to 'Perfection', as we are commanded to be perfect as God is. Becoming highly conscious of the emptiness within your human spirit/atman does not equate to perfection of any sort... Basically, you just became conscious of levels that are already there!

It is a beautiful experience, and one would be identified as a super human, as a god on earth, but this is not Truth. Truth cannot be attained by humans of they're own ability, otherwise, it would be easily attained by anyone. Truth is in the hands of the Creator. Truth is the Creator. We must commune with him; we must become one with him and reflect his essence and nature through our being into the world. This is walk towards perfection. And when we are perfected in the physical body through this process, we are taken up by God in this very body just like Enoch and others we may not know about.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:29 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
However, coming to thing of it, where does the 'light' come from if the place is empty? Yes, there is no light found there. What is found is just consciousness.
The 'place' is empty of thoughts, not empty of light.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
In Buddhism, emptiness is referred to as Shunyata and in other traditions well versed in meditation, once one becomes conscious and operative within this emptiness, I believe (kindly correct me if I am wrong) they experience nirvana.
This Article might help you understand Emptiness in Buddhism.
https://www.buddhistdoor.net/feature...-empty-of-what
Old 09-07-2021, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Emptiness doesn't mean nothingness in Buddhism Guillaume. Emptiness is empty of ' Individual nature '.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:16 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Emptiness doesn't mean nothingness in Buddhism Guillaume. Emptiness is empty of ' Individual nature '.
Thanks! Do you know if emptying our "individual nature" is the same as the karma dissolution ?
Old 09-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks! Do you know if emptying our "individual nature" is the same as the karma dissolution ?
Best to go to the Buddhist Section, I'll get shouted at if I continue in the Christian Secton
Old 09-07-2021, 04:16 PM
Angel1

Aknaton, excellent, just excellent.

Yes, there are both places --a place filled with light, brighter than 10,000 suns. Been there.
There is also a place of emptiness, stillness, nothing, oh my, the Void...only One Pure Awareness.
And when I say One I mean one.
Been there.
Ah, the Secret Place, Psalm 91, yes, basking in His Presence.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-07-2021, 04:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Indeed, it is empty of thoughts, forms; Infact within the emptiness, we can make forms.

Infact, it is beyond thought, but at the same time the source of thought, because there is still thinking in this emptiness by way of creating forms.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:45 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
This Article might help you understand Emptiness in Buddhism.
https://www.buddhistdoor.net/feature...-empty-of-what
When I experienced this emptiness, I was trying to describe it, I wanted to know what it's called, and I heard Spirit saying, "Shunyata", so I went online and guess which article I read before posting this thread... This one!

I think your getting more and more in touch with the Holy Spirit sky!
Old 10-07-2021, 04:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Aknaton, excellent, just excellent.

Yes, there are both places --a place filled with light, brighter than 10,000 suns. Been there.
There is also a place of emptiness, stillness, nothing, oh my, the Void...only One Pure Awareness.
And when I say One I mean one.
Been there.
Ah, the Secret Place, Psalm 91, yes, basking in His Presence.
So joyful! Totally awesome, and hard to describe!