Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 23-03-2020, 11:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps if more people concentrated on spirit of the message instead of arguing about the finer points of the meaning of the words and missing the whole point.
I support this motion ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-03-2020, 12:25 AM
Master
There is no reason to believe in the viability of interfaith because history demonstrates otherwise, and such a belief requires that things be different from now on.
Old 24-03-2020, 02:06 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I support this motion ...
Which motion, interfaith harmony, or playing basketball with a gorilla?
Old 24-03-2020, 02:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Which motion, interfaith harmony, or playing basketball with a gorilla?
What gorilla? ... just kidding

The spirit not the details.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-03-2020, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is no reason to believe in the viability of interfaith because history demonstrates otherwise, and such a belief requires that things be different from now on.

What history are you talking about?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-03-2020, 03:29 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Good point. We have never really defined the scope of this discussion.
Are we talking about complete interfaith harmony for everyone, which historically has probably never been the case even for a minute or two. Or are we talking about between two people of two different faiths, which has surely been the case more times than one can imagine. And/or everything in between. But even if history shows that total harmony has rarely if ever been the case, that does not necessarily mean it is not viable for all of the future. I suppose if your faith requires you to punish all non-believers then you are not likely to live in harmony, but there are faiths that can be and have been in the past, more of the live and let live variety. For that matter, we have not really defined and scoped "faith", "interfaith", or "harmony" either. From a certain perspective, one could say that no two persons share the same reality, and therefore complete harmony between them is impossible. All depends on words, their meanings, and the scope. So in one sense, Gem would be on the right track, the only way for two ideologists to get together in total harmony would be to drop all ideologies completely. But that is a whole nother rabbit hole to go down where perhaps more than just Cheshire cats would disappear. Where there is a will there is an I.... and a you, and you are all trouble makers as far as I am concerned.
Old 24-03-2020, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Good point. We have never really defined the scope of this discussion.
Are we talking about complete interfaith harmony for everyone, which historically has probably never been the case even for a minute or two.

I think it is clear in the context of what I said that this is the history I was referring to.

Quote:
Or are we talking about between two people of two different faiths, which has surely been the case more times than one can imagine. And/or everything in between. But even if history shows that total harmony has rarely if ever been the case, that does not necessarily mean it is not viable for all of the future.

It just suggests that something has to change to make it different to how it has been up until now.

Quote:
I suppose if your faith requires you to punish all non-believers then you are not likely to live in harmony, but there are faiths that can be and have been in the past, more of the live and let live variety. For that matter, we have not really defined and scoped "faith", "interfaith", or "harmony" either. From a certain perspective, one could say that no two persons share the same reality, and therefore complete harmony between them is impossible. All depends on words, their meanings, and the scope. So in one sense, Gem would be on the right track, the only way for two ideologists to get together in total harmony would be to drop all ideologies completely. But that is a whole nother rabbit hole to go down where perhaps more than just Cheshire cats would disappear. Where there is a will there is an I.... and a you, and you are all trouble makers as far as I am concerned.

That's basically what I'm saying, not so much that ideologies have to go, but identification with the symbolic systems would have be forsaken if we really want peace. In short, if people were given a choice between peace and their religion, they'd choose their religion as the higher priority.
Old 24-03-2020, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:

The history of continual religious conflict on Earth.
Old 24-03-2020, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The history of continual religious conflict on Earth.

And of the continual religious conflicts on Earth, how much effort was ever taken the barriers of religious animosity?

It appears you acknowledge that religious animosity does not work. What does a person loose in trying to break down this barrier?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Master

increasing interfaith goodwill

Quote:
In today's realm in which one's religion is superior to another person's religion has bred friction and very little if any commonality. We have read the expression "love your neighbor as yourself" but in many cases we acknowledge it does not apply to us personally.

Lets discuss ways we can bring about peace without conversions and ways we can get along with each other.

It's an utopian vision and may not be reality . But things can improve only with great vision in minds . Without any visions we land nowhere.

Inter faith goodwill can be improved if
1. state uses faith neutral yet ethical language in its dealing with citizens and other states . This has been done in US for printing "In God we trust" on US currency , making it official motto of state . Of course , there is lot more state can and should do .

2. Educationists draft education to provide faith neutral ethical education while also teaching each faith respectfully to those who want to learn it .

3. Religious leaders trying to reach out to other religion's leader and finding commonalities of concepts and principles and encouraging followers to participate in the festivals of other faith.

4. Followers / devotees at individual level encourage and support leaders with above 3 points and follow them sincerely.

Such steps also include increasing goodwill with people who may not be having any faith or so to say are non-believers as the aforesaid orientations will definitely take care of them as well protecting their freedom not to believe or have faith .