Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-06-2021, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
Yes, very true. Someone once said "many paths lead to the same destination."

Many paths can lead to the woods.
Where there are lions, tigers, and bears.
Oh my.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." (Rescued)

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 29-06-2021, 02:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysbc
Can Christianity and Spirituality coexist within a person’s beliefs? I consider myself a spiritual person at my core, but I wonder how those beliefs would compromised or looked down upon if I were to say, marry into a Christian family. There is pressure for me to change my views to a more Western, Christian system and I’m stuck in a place of confusion about what to believe, say, or do.

MANY today, even those who say they are "Christians." usually don't truly follow "God", Jehovah God's words. especially when it comes to marriage. the world Spiritual seem to take on two meanings. I'm a Christian, but I'm also Spiritual. meaning my Spirituality is based on believing, obeying, and worshipping Jehovah God. as well as trying to follow the lead Jesus set for Christians.

I'm a little confused on what some mean when they say, they are Spiritual.
so I look of the definition of this word, it reads..."the quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things." is that what you're referring to? as to your question if you marry into a "Christian" family, it shouldn't matter. because you're NOT marring the FAMILY!

now, can you marry a "Christian" man? or the true question should be, can a "Christian" marry someone who isn't a "Christian?" MANY do, but those obeying God's law know this can't be the case. the Book of 1Corinthians speaks on what should happen concerning marriages. verse 39 show what a widow should do if she choose to remarry ,("A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord).

the Bible basically is for those who are "Christians", though ALL can benefit from it. so 1Cor. 7:29 is referring Christians. so to answer your question, yes, if they are NOT following the Bible. peace
Old 29-06-2021, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
now, can you marry a "Christian" man? or the true question should be, can a "Christian" marry someone who isn't a "Christian?" MANY do, but those obeying God's law know this can't be the case.
Why ? Was God a Christian.
Old 29-06-2021, 03:29 PM
Master
Odd question.

Would you expect Christians to only marry non-Christians?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-06-2021, 04:50 PM
Molearner

Quote:
the Bible basically is for those who are "Christians", though ALL can benefit from it. so 1Cor. 7:29 is referring Christians. so to answer your question, yes, if they are NOT following the Bible. peace

Jojo50,

I would think that with some consideration on your part that perhaps you might want to either rethink or rephrase this statement. It has been my experience that whenever I have entertained JW’s that they work under the assumption that I am not Christian and am numbered among the ‘lost’.

They employ the Bible to convince me to believe that the Bible is intended for one such as I. So in that regard it seems that they view the message of the Bible is intended to have universal appeal instead of just be limited to confirmed Christians.

In regards to Paul speaking in Corinthians much of that is problematic by his own admission. He is careful to distinguish that some of what he says is his own opinion and some are irrefutable commands of God. I will give him a pass on that with the caveat that he offers.

I will say this: “if what God has joined together let not man cast asunder”…..that allows for believers and unbelievers to marry each other. Otherwise it brings into question whether the Spirit is strong enough to overcome the unspiritual.
Old 29-06-2021, 08:30 PM
Knower

I think jojo50 is just forgetting that Jesus came to fulfill God's law. I never heard the Bible is only for Christian's before.

I just re skimmed a little and noticed Jehovah..................
Old 30-06-2021, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Jojo50,

I would think that with some consideration on your part that perhaps you might want to either rethink or rephrase this statement. It has been my experience that whenever I have entertained JW’s that they work under the assumption that I am not Christian and am numbered among the ‘lost’.
New Living Translation -
"Those who weep or who rejoice or who buy things should not be absorbed by their weeping or their joy or their possessions."

The Word of God

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 01-07-2021 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 30-06-2021, 03:03 PM
Ascender

I understand what you're saying, but think about this concerning marriage. in the days of old, the Israelites where ONLY to marry amongst each other. they were NOT to marry any other group of people, (1Kg. 11:2 from the nations of whom the Lord had said to the children of Israel, “You shall not intermarry with them, nor they with you. Surely they will turn away your hearts after their gods.” Solomon clung to these in love).

as you can see from this verse, it was because other groups were NOT worshipping the true God Jehovah. if you read the Book of Solomon, he was ALL about Jehovah God. until he start to disobey him and married women who talked him into worshipping their false gods. which disappointed Jehovah. what Paul said, Jehovah allowed him to say, or he wouldn't have allowed his words to be placed for ALL to take note. Jehovah God today as in the days of old. does NOT want his worshippers to marry "outside of the Lord."

we have to be "equally yoked" ,(2Cor. 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?). when a Christian marries an unbeliever, there WILL be problems. marriage, God wants to last until one or both dies, yet people usually divorce. MANY "Christians" marry outside of the Lord or unbelievers. to each his own, but you will at times, reap what you sow. if you read the Bible ,it speaks on how one should live if they are to worship Jehovah God and follow Jesus.

it also speaks concerning those who choose NOT to do so. I don't assume anyone is "LOST", because this world is still here. so we ALL have a chance to change ,(Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord), be saved. in the days of old, Jehovah God laws was ONLY for Israelites, NOT the rest of the people because they worship their own false gods. until they came to want to worship Jehovah, then his laws applied to them. the same holds true today.

Jehovah wants this ,(Ezek.18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? said the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live). also we know that we also can be destroyed if we are living in a way that displeases Jesus and Jehovah God). I say what I said, because if we call ourselves a "Christian." then we really need to accept ALL words he allowed in the Bible. no matter who's speaking. Jesus spoke MANY words, should we NOT take it to heart? Jehovah God speak through his servants.

lastly, I understand (Mark 19:9), again Jehovah words should carry weight. unfortunately when it comes to MANY marriages. there's satan, some grow tired of their mates, just because... God doesn't force a couple to love each other. if he did, there would be NO divorce. remember they have their own free will. he gives us the Spirit of love, but it's us who at times choses NOT to use it on our mates.

even MANY "Christians" divorced on reason other than sexual immorality. as well as some who are unbelievers divorcing their Christian mate. obviously they didn't allow Jehovah's HS to lead them. but allows satan and their own selfish need to leave the marriage. peace
Old 30-06-2021, 04:42 PM
Molearner

Quote:
. God doesn't force a couple to love each other. if he did, there would be NO divorce. remember they have their own free will. he gives us the Spirit of love, but it's us who at times choses NOT to use it on our mates.

even MANY "Christians" divorced on reason other than sexual immorality. as well as some who are unbelievers divorcing their Christian mate. obviously they didn't allow Jehovah's HS to lead them. but allows satan and their own selfish need to leave the marriage. peace

jojo50,

And I understand what you are saying......"Christians" are supposed to be identified, first and foremost, by the fact that they should demonstrate love. But as we must admit, non-Christians can also be loving people. In this sense alone theoretically there can be infidels that might be more Christian than "Christians".

When quoting the Old Testament it is important to remember that the Holy Spirit was not given until Pentecost. Frequently the OT speaks of the 'fear of God'. Normally I would tend to understand that in a more charitable way....understanding 'fear' as implying awe or respect. But perhaps 'fear' in its more normal connotation was more applicable in OT times. Without the HS, it was impossible for the masses to either know God or communicate with God. God is spirit and can only be known in that way.

In reality, the marriage laws of the OT were probably more intended to preserve the tribe.....to build up its numbers and achieve strength in numbers. Much of this OT thinking carries over into present days. I saw the same dynamic in the Catholic church.....only recognizing marriage between Catholics, demanding conversion of the non-Catholic spouses, understanding that any children must be brought up Catholic and the rejection of birth control. Can there be any more stark example of preserving the 'tribe' ?? The promotion of fear as being 'fear' carries over even now into the rest of Christendom.....a fire and brimstone approach.

With that kind of approach it is almost contradictory to assert or preach that God is love. The right hand seems to forget what the left hand is doing. You mentioned free will. In the context of love I am reminded of the saying: "If you love someone let them go, if they love you they will come back". Love by definition has to be a mutual thing.....a mutual interaction.

Perhaps I forgot to mention that the lack of the HS in OT times helps explain the plethora of laws that Judaism adopted....to cover every conceivable thing that might dishonor God in any way. The very existence of these laws was necessarily accompanied by the establishment of a religious hierarchy. The church...especially the Roman Catholic.....continued this model.

Finally, any true marriage(meaning one of mutual love and merging into an inseperable union) is, in reality, an act of God.....irrespective of whatever 'tribe'(religion, denomination) that one might belong to or profess. Once again I believe in the power of the HS to overcome any hindrance to the acceptability of any marriage....of any 2 people.
Old 30-06-2021, 04:55 PM
Master
LOVE has no Religion....