Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 19-06-2011, 05:13 PM
scorpiowitch66

Eczema

My daughter has eczema and most all creams burn when I put it on her...Anyone know of any alternatives?

Thanks!
Old 20-06-2011, 07:58 AM
astroboy

The Inflammation Response

Before delving into the benefits and purposes for primrose oil, it's important to understand the body's inflammatory response. Inflammation is the body's response to a harmful or irritating substance. Acute inflammation occurs when a crisis triggers the body's immune system into combat, such as a splinter that gets infected or another type of wound or infection. Chronic inflammation occurs when a trigger is ongoing, yet doesn't cause an immediate crisis. Chronic inflammation leads to tissue damage, pain and disease. Examples of diseases of chronic inflammation include rheumatoid arthritis and eczema. In rheumatoid arthritis, the body's immune system attacks the joints, while in eczema, the skin is affected. These are very simplistic definitions for complex diseases, but the description provides the basis for understanding the purposes of primrose oil.

http://herbs.lovetoknow.com/Purposes_for_Primrose_Oil
Old 20-06-2011, 08:35 AM
astroboy

Eczema

There appears to be a link between low levels of gamma-linolenic acid and various allergic conditions. Some evidence that support this is

Mothers of children with eczema do not have as much gamma-linolenic acid in their breast milk as mothers of normal children.
Young adults with allergy have lower levels of gamma-linolenic acid.
In several studies, evening primrose oil decreased itching in people with eczema.

In Europe, the health authorities in England and several other European Countries have approved this brand of evening primrose oil as effective for eczema.

http://www.rienstraclinic.com/health...-primrose-oil/
Old 20-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Master
KNow nothing about eczema but have you googled aloe vera plant juice for it?
spiritlite
Old 20-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Time

I grew out of it. I only have it on one spot - between my index and middle finger on one hand. Other then that, its all gone. Alot of it has to do with diet. Salt will dry out your skin, so will to much oil or fat/not enough veggies and fruits. The sun helps alot as well, imo without sunscreen ( just dont be stupid about it, im not talkin 2 hours, im mean 15 minutes here and there during the day). There was soem sorm of medicated vasaline my dr game me that helped me deal with the patches I had now. But the only major thing I can think of that I changed, was puberty, less meat, exersise, more veggies, and making sure I dont use soap/washes that dry out myskin. We are all different, so your kid will have to find out for themselves. Just tell them to let you know, what soap makes their skin feel "tight" after a shower/bath.

IF you decide to use moisturizer, after a hot bath, while the room is still humid, thats when you put the lotion on. It locks the moisture in.

The weird thing is, when i didnt worry about it, is when it stopped showing up

But the odds are, shell grow out of it.
Old 20-06-2011, 05:37 PM
scorpiowitch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
Eczema

In Europe, the health authorities in England and several other European Countries have approved this brand of evening primrose oil as effective for eczema.

Thanks Astroboy...I will try that!
Old 20-06-2011, 05:38 PM
scorpiowitch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
KNow nothing about eczema but have you googled aloe vera plant juice for it?
spiritlite

Not yet but I will, thanks
Old 20-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Gracey

my twins have eczema and i have an evening prim rose in my garden...gonna have to purchase some to see if it helps them.
Old 20-06-2011, 05:42 PM
scorpiowitch66

Time - Yea, as soon as I took her off her prescribed allergy meds it got a lot worse. We do moisturizer after showers, before going in the pool, etc, etc. She just got slammed this time and now I am having a hard time getting it to calm down.

I am hoping she will grow out of it like you did

Thanks!
Old 20-06-2011, 06:15 PM
NetSeeker

Maybe try applying some coconut oil? Coconut oil is good for dehydrated skin and has a soothing effect.

Can also be ingested if you can get your hands on the virgin, cold pressed and non-deodorized kind. You'll know it's pure if you can smell and taste the coconut. It's not a very strong scent like some of the coconut scented skin products out there. It's actually very subtle.