Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-05-2023, 12:09 AM
Experiencer
Breathwork

Wasn't sure where to put this but it fits in with meditation and yoga.

I've heard in the past that people do not breathe correctly. Fast forward to present day, a few nights ago I remembered reading something about breath work. I didn't remember the technique but I just started to breathe in and out slowly and this helped me to go back to sleep in the middle of the night. Today while I was on YouTube, I saw a video about breath work. Turns out there are health benefits to doing breath work. Of course, you can do it by itself. It doesn't need to be done only during meditation or doing yoga.

Why Breathwork Matters - Dr. Andrew Weil M.D.

Breathe to Heal (TEDtalk)

Has anyone else tried breath work? What was your experience?
Old 19-05-2023, 01:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by calla lily

i've been doing breathwork for many years... although possibly not in the way the article says...

I like it, it has helped bring many emotional issues to the forefront for me to deal with. Jury is out on whether it is actually helping, physically, although I do know I'm much different than I was before I started...
Old 19-05-2023, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Breath work is important it can calm you down and especially with kids who cant express their emotions,
get them to breath up through the mouth and out through the nose. it seems to calm them,

Namaste
Old 19-05-2023, 01:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-ySWyID9o

Breathe yourself thin, about breathing and metabolism. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-05-2023, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by calla lily

Yes it's part of my yoga routine. Positive.. it can calm you down, make you feel content. Funny thing is it's notoriously easy to not be aware of our breathing, despite it being incredibly close..
Old 19-05-2023, 08:06 PM
Master

Wim Hof has much to say about doing breathing exercises and the benefits of daily practice - just taking 30-40 breaths: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/breathing-exercises

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar founded the Art of Living which teaches Sudarshan Kriya - a series of rapid breathing exercises which can be very powerful. Doing it before meditation helps the mind become very still. I learned it over a two day period. At the end of the first day I came home and did a final session before going to sleep. Two hours later I woke up after the longest period of prolonged lucid dreaming I have ever experienced.

Rebirthing is all about breathing in particular patterns under the guidance of a practitioner. I only did this once and it was hard work trying to maintain the pattern, but at the end I entered a state of peaceful bliss.

I also did a Transformational Breath Immersion workshop which was similar to rebirthing with a musical background, and again I entered a deep state of peaceful bliss.

There is so much power in how we breathe.

Peace
Old 25-05-2023, 07:25 AM
Newbie ;)

I have personally tried breathwork and it has been an incredibly transformative practice for me. Like you, I also discovered its power by simply slowing down my breath during moments of restlessness or sleeplessness. It's fascinating how something as fundamental as our breath can have such a profound impact on our well-being.

Breathwork, whether practiced independently or incorporated into meditation and yoga, offers numerous health benefits. It can help reduce stress and anxiety, improve focus and concentration, and even aid in physical healing. It serves as a powerful tool to calm the mind, connect with our inner selves, and cultivate a sense of balance and harmony.

I highly recommend exploring the resources you mentioned, such as Dr. Andrew Weil's insights and the TED Talk on breathwork. They provide valuable information and guidance on different breathwork techniques that you can experiment with.

In my experience, breathwork has helped me become more present and centered, allowing me to navigate life's challenges with greater ease. It has become an integral part of my self-care routine, providing a space for introspection, relaxation, and rejuvenation.

I encourage anyone who is curious about breathwork to give it a try. Start with simple breathing exercises, gradually exploring different techniques, and observe how it affects your mind, body, and overall well-being. Remember, everyone's experience with breathwork can be unique, so it's important to listen to your body and find what works best for you.

If anyone else has tried breathwork, I would love to hear about your experiences and the benefits you've discovered along the way. Let's continue to share our journeys and support each other in exploring the incredible potential of breathwork.

Take a deep breath, embrace the power of your breath, and embark on this beautiful practice of self-discovery and healing.

Warm regards,
Old 25-07-2023, 07:05 AM
Newbie ;)

I've never seriously immersed myself in it, but I can tell that, done well, it's a transformative practice.