Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-03-2023, 08:39 AM
Master
Meditation Tips

I thought I‘d share some of my meditation tips here. Remember there are all sorts of meditation techniques, most use their breath but there is also mantra meditation, meditating with eyes open while concentrating on an external object, like a candle flame, etc. You can meditate on anything that helps you concentrate, including inspirational music. The point is centered quiet stillness and there are many ways to achieve that.

Meditating in a large pyramid may enhance your experience. I have a 6-foot pyramid in my bedroom, which I made myself from 8-8 foot 2x2 pieces of wood and duct tape to hold the five joining points together. It cost me about $40 for the wood and tape. It does not have to be in your bedroom, you can put it wherever.

I began learning about meditating in a pyramid back in the 1970’s. A pyramid is like an electromagnetic focusing device, similar to the charkas or energy centers in our body. The Earth also has charkas and there are lots of places on Earth that are enhanced energy centers, like Stonehenge, etc. I have a map, which I got from a metaphysical fair, which shows where all the Earths energy centers are located and I have visited some of them.

It is believed that all matter have chakras or energy centers. But the pyramid also acts in a similar way as the Chinese art of Feng Shui, which means “the way of wind and water.“ It is how energy travels through certain physical structures. The Native American Tee Pee also creates an enhanced energy, as does the Geodesic Dome, and some other structures. I have been on a vision quest in a tee pee with Native Americans without the use of drugs, and had an incredible experience. Most people live in square or rectangle homes which impedes energy flow. A pyramid can remedy that.

Once you erect a large pyramid in your home the pyramid energy will permeate your entire home in about one week and visitors will feel it as they enter your home even though they may never see your pyramid. Now the pyramid is neutral; it will enhance your state of mind as it is. If you are angry it will enhance that anger and if you are in a meditative state it will enhance that. I have done water and plant experiments in a pyramid and the results were fantastic. Reading Tarot cards or other oracle cards in a pyramid can also be quite an experience.

Another tip, even if you do not use a pyramid, is to meditate in the same spot everyday and the energy will build up in that spot. Just like people go to a church, synagogue, or temple, to regularly worship and pray, and those places are often very serene from the build up of prayer and meditation energy. You can create that same kind of environment in your home by meditating in the same spot regularly, and in a while it will be easier to slip into meditation because the energy has built up in that spot.

A third tip is to meditate as soon as you wake up, before the hamster wheel in our head starts spinning. Even if you just take a short nap, meditate as soon as you awaken. I usually meditate twice a day because I sleep at night and then take a cat nap during the day, and meditate after awaking from both. You can also meditate on your lunch break at work. When I was working I would go into the public restroom, lock the door on a stall and meditate for ten or fifth-teen minutes before returning to work. The point is to keep the meditation experience with you 24/7, even while your body sleeps. The longer you keep that experience with you the stronger your intuition may become.

Another tip, put your fingers in your ears and listen without comment to the sound deep within your body. That sound has the capacity to instantly quiet your mind, if you do it on a regular basis and help it by not talking to yourself while listening to it. That sound may also take you deeper into your meditation experience. If you become one with that sound it may take you places beyond words or thoughts. But some people do find that sound annoying, and to that I will say that the human mind rebels against being quiet.

So these are just a few of the tips I have, and I am not going to say these tips will work for everyone, just saying they have worked for me, and if you have any meditation tips please share them.
Old 29-03-2023, 09:41 AM
Ascender
Can a conical hat replace the teepee ?!

Joking apart, a conical lamp shade may also integrate well into the decoration, but I totally agree on the breaking of the rectangular square shapes and its impact on the energy.

Curtains also, they do a fantastic job.
Old 29-03-2023, 11:01 AM
Master

I wanna pyramid!!!!!

Thanks for that info Starman.
Old 29-03-2023, 11:45 AM
Master
Sorry about the sideways picture, I'm not good at this computer stuff. Nonetheless this is my pyramid. Really like yours Miss Hepburn. Yes, that is a Tarot Tablet on the window sill. I sometimes concentrate on the Tarot Major Aecana while sitting in the pyramid. I also have crystals in my pyramid, one hanging down from the top but don’t know if you can see it in this sideways picture, lol.

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
Old 29-03-2023, 02:24 PM
Ascender
It's fun, I like both of them !!
Old 29-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Master
The one Miss Hepburn posted looks like a professionally made pyramid. They used to be rather inexpensive but today a pyramid that size would cost $200 USD or more. But there are some very nice professionally made pyramids online that are for sale.

The down side is space, when you make your own pyramid, as I did, you first look at the available space you have for a pyramid. All sides of the base, which are the 4-pieces you lay on the ground in a square, should be the same length, and you can cut the wood to make it any length you want according to the space you have available..

I used 2x2’s instead of 4x4’s because the 2x2’s are lighter and cheaper. I used duct tape instead of nails or screws to hold it together, and covered the wood with contact paper which people use to line shelves. The cap cover is made of cardboard; cut 4-triangles put two sided tape on each and stick them to the 4-ascending poles. Then cover it with contact paper of your choosing.

Contact paper comes in all sorts of designs; I chose a wood grain design, you only need a small roll. The whole thing cost about $40 USD and I had a lot of fun building it; it only took a few hours to make. I have been building pyramids for several decades. Used to sell them back in the 1970’s and 1980’s, but no longer do that now.

Made one for free for a friend who was dying and after he passed his wife told me that his peace was enhanced by the pyramid which he died laying in. There are pyramids in many countries around the world, Egypt has the most popular pyramids but Mexico, South America, Sudan, Africa, and other locations also have pyramids. They were used as burial tombs or places of worship, and the energy does preserve your skin rather well.
Old 29-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Another tip, put your fingers in your ears and listen without comment to the sound deep within your body. That sound has the capacity to instantly quiet your mind, if you do it on a regular basis and help it by not talking to yourself while listening to it. That sound may also take you deeper into your meditation experience. If you become one with that sound it may take you places beyond words or thoughts.
Yes. This is Shabd Yoga, the yoga of meditation on the Divine Sound current. This sound current is continual and provides an excellent focus for meditation. Listen to it in the right ear - it may start in the head but the sound can descend to the heart and fill the entire body. It can be incredibly powerful.

It is helpful to use a beragan, an arm-rest for the elbows. It has one leg which is placed near the groin as you sit cross-legged. It helps to have some padding for the elbows. You sometimes see pictures of yogis with beragans - I still use a beragan which I made over 40 years ago.

Peace
Old 29-03-2023, 07:47 PM
Master
Wow, iamthat, you made your own beragon, very creative.
I have two, one I purchased back in the 1970’s and a second one,
which is adjustable, I purchased in the early 2000’s. They are a big
help, especially when meditating on inner sound.

Namaste
Old 29-03-2023, 08:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Wow, iamthat, you made your own beragon, very creative.
I have two, one I purchased back in the 1970’s and a second one, which is adjustable, I purchased in the early 2000’s. They are a big help, especially when meditating on inner sound.
The option of purchasing a beragan/beragon (I've seen various spellings) was not available in the UK back in the 1970s, so I had no choice!

I've often thought of purchasing an adjustable one so I can get exactly the right height. Would you recommend it?

Peace
Old 29-03-2023, 08:52 PM
Master
iamthat, Yes, I would recommend it. They did not have adjustable beragons (I have seen it spelled many ways also) back in the 1970’s. The one I had back then had too long of a shaft, and while a long shaft had me sitting up straight and was good for my spine. I find the adjustable one more comfortable and I can adjust it if I have a big puffy high pillow under me, which would raise the baragon, or I am sitting on a flat low pillow, which would lower the baragon; with an adjustable baragon that is not an issue.

The other thing I have found is that instead of resting your elbows on the baragon, rest your biceps, which has more padding from muscles, on the baragon.