Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-04-2023, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
I would never criticise or judge anyone who ended their own life because I do not stand in their shoes.
Exactly!

Quote:
The suffering of some individuals appears intolerable and nowadays modern medicine keeps alive those who at one time would have succumbed naturally to medical problems. They would have passed over in the natural way when their bodies failed.
And what is 'natural' anyway? Why would human interference and ingenuity and knowledge to postpone death be 'unnatural'? That is part of being human.

Everything we do is natural. And ''natural'' says nothing about whether something is 'good' or not (?).
Old 03-04-2023, 11:21 AM
Master

So beautiful how soft and kind this thread is..
Old 08-04-2023, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
I would never criticise or judge anyone who ended their own life because I do not stand in their shoes.
Basically, yes…..I will say that euthanasia seems the more honorable way to voluntarily end one’s life. To end this way presupposes that one’s rationale has been shared with others specifically meaning friends and doctors….those in position to offer genuine advice and counsel. They are allowed to have knowledge of your rationale. This is opposed to suicide by cops, drugs, automobile accidents that could endanger others. If suicidal intentions are never announced or shared it is an imposition of guilt on many people…..that can elevate that act into the category of harming others…..
Old 08-04-2023, 09:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispershadow
i'm confused
Whisper shadow,

By the way, a mitigating factor in the euthanasia of a pet IMO is that it is very likely that there is a strong soul connection with a pet. No animosity, no harbored resentment, simply trust and mutual love. This reality implies permission and understanding.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:29 AM
Experiencer

I don't know if euthanasia compared with suicide should be seen as any more - or less - "honorable". From a spiritual teaching position such a comparison appears a distinction without a difference although I'm not declaring that I personally view it as such.

I do acknowledge for those left behind when an individual ends her/his/their life - for example because of extreme pain and suffering - it is likely to be a less traumatic experience knowing it was done compos mentis along with all the help and support that could be provided.

I'm not persuaded, though, that suicide necessarily "elevates the action" into harming others unless it's carried out in a deliberately reckless manner anyone could anticipate to be likely to harm others. Even then it's judgmental to condemn the action when we couldn't know the state of mind of a (possibly) desperate, irrational individual.

We should also remember that it's been reported the effect of certain prescribed drugs can lead an individual unexpectedly to end their life.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
By the way, a mitigating factor in the euthanasia of a pet IMO is that it is very likely that there is a strong soul connection with a pet.
That may or may not be the case but if the action was for the benefit of the animal then it was done through love.
Old 09-04-2023, 09:04 AM
Administrator
I would have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 16-04-2023, 08:06 PM
Pathfinder
basically she had a brain cancers in her brain and the vet said he couldnt operate to get all the cancers out :(

it was in her tummy and lungs as well
Old 16-04-2023, 09:48 PM
Master
I had a dog that got cancer. Consequentially, we went and spent a fair amount of money to have it removed. Several years later it came back. We let her have a natural death. She was such a delight to have around.

I had another dog I put to sleep. Just after the vet gave him his shot, I didn't want to go thru it. Too late.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 17-04-2023, 07:27 AM
Since a DNR was brought up - ''Do not Resuscitate"...
This was a surprise for us all....
If EMTs are called and you are placed in an ambulance they DO resuscitate you anyway ...or try to,
over and over and over and over!
(After all, they were called and that's their job.)

If someone is really serious about this, my thought is consider a bracelet,
one of those Medical bracelets - I believe all EMTs do look for those.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru