Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2023, 02:00 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But the exception to your comment would be the microcosmic orbit, where energy is first generated through breathing practices and then directed to flow through certain channels, thus forming a circuit. Supposedly if the initial preparation is inadequate then this causes strain on the nervous system and a depletion of energy.

True, so we don't lead the energy. Thanks to the ancient sages, we came to know the meridian system of human body, we came to know how the meridian system works, how the energy flow within certain meridian, etc. So we don't lead the energy to go throguh a certain channel to disturb the original routes, we just respect how it always has been and provide faciliatations only by our practise to strengthen the functioning of energy which turns out to be very effective and efficient to deal with physical issues.
Old 17-03-2023, 02:41 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What are the Chinese characters for "Primordial Spirit"?

元神, literal meaning could be the Original God, and maybe Primordial Spirit is more understandable and closer to the conception.
and there is a another corresponding conception which is 识神, literal meaning could be the Conscious God.

One of the reasons why we require no distracting thoughts (no thoughts in mind) when we do the practise is to let the couscious god step behind and make the original god to be in charge while you are Awake. In this way, the original god would be strengthened, as well as the connection between the conscious god and the original god. Keep doing this and when it comes to a certain further stage, the conscious god becomes able to control some of the things which are previously under the command of the original god through the enhanced connection, for example, the energy, one of the meanings could be that you become able to heal any part of your body as you wish by commanding the energy from your consciousness, or even heal other people by your own energy. Of course, one of the conditions for that is you have adequate troops. That is why and how some of the Qigong Masters are able to heal others and the process is physical, not spirital. But normally, we don't do that and we don't encourage people to do that, because that will be a huge consumption of energy and energy determines one's life, so we only teach people how to increase their own energy and heal themselves by the intelligence of the energy itself.
Old 17-03-2023, 03:06 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
as an example, I read once that taoist practitioners eventually got a sweet taste in the mouth... not sure how that relates to soma or if it does but it was still a data point...
Hi FallingLeaves, Thanks for sharing. *Deleted*.

Just curious that what would be the benefit that a person could get from being ill. the answer that I can only think of is "how precious the health is".

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 07-04-2023 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Said as fact, opinion only
Old 17-03-2023, 05:48 AM
Master

@LYACMT I parsed your post, to better understand what you meant.
"元神, literal meaning could be the Original God, and maybe Primordial Spirit is more understandable and closer to the conception.
and there is a another corresponding conception which is 识神, literal meaning could be the Conscious God.

One of the reasons why we require no distracting thoughts (no thoughts in mind) when we do the practise is to let the couscious god step behind and make the original god to be in charge while you are Awake. In this way, the original god would be strengthened, as well as the connection between the conscious god and the original god. Keep doing this and when it comes to a certain further stage, the conscious god becomes able to control some of the things which are previously under the command of the original god through the enhanced connection, for example, the energy, one of the meanings could be that you become able to heal any part of your body as you wish by commanding the energy from your consciousness, or even heal other people by your own energy. ..."
Looking up those Chinese characters in a Mandarin-English dictionary, and from your explanation, I think that they might correspond to what I call "inner-self", and "outer-self".

神 soul; spirit
original; primary; meta- (showing or suggesting an explicit awareness of itself)
to know

The inner-self is that part of the personality that we aren't consciously aware of, that is primary in the sense that it creates our experience through our subconscious (including our bodies), which is aware of the non-physical part of the personality, and of the inner-reality.

The outer-self is the conscious-self, the "I" when we are awake, which is aware only of the outer-reality.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-03-2023, 06:56 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYACMT
A person is able to absorb cosmic energy into their body, BUT, only a few persons are able to actually connect with cosmic energy and actually absorb them into their body and further clear the physical disorders, the percentage is very small, and it can be done only when this person gets into the Samadhi state
I can definitely relate to these techniques.

Quote:
Is it a deeper meditation leads to a better physical body, or is it a better physical body leads to a deeper meditation? which way?
Chicken and egg question, I've never actually looked at it this way.

In my experience, I could reach and sustain samadhi only after healing my body. I had plenty of energy blocages, I wasn't fully aligned. Then once things aligned better, my body got better and better, and I progressively lost the identification with my body.
But the body is the only physical place where we receive and retain from our communication with others, whether it's people, trees, entities in the cosmos. The body is a physical memory. If we travel the cosmos but don't retain anything from it, it's like wind blowing.
Quite many people have extraordinary experiences, sorts of NDEs, they claim "I was one with the cosmos I knew everything blablabla", they come back here : "Well no I don't remember anything, it's beyond words".
Actually remembering is the tricky part of the problem!!
(I'm not dismissing these experiences, they are necessary ... and beautiful also)

Anyways, long story short, I see my body and what I do with it as a storage from the broader inspiration I can have.
But as regular individuals, we're just tiny workers in bigger plans.
Old 18-03-2023, 03:56 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The inner-self is that part of the personality that we aren't consciously aware of, that is primary in the sense that it creates our experience through our subconscious (including our bodies), which is aware of the non-physical part of the personality, and of the inner-reality.

The outer-self is the conscious-self, the "I" when we are awake, which is aware only of the outer-reality.

Impressive insights about "self". Actually we may encounter many conceptions about "self", besides the "inner-self"and "outer-self" as you mentioned, there are others like "id","ego","superego","true-self", etc. you may notice that Mr. Freud did some research in this field. I personally classified all these conceptions into answering one famous question as "who am I?"

The answers towards this question could be from the "spirit" point of view and also from the "physical" point of view, and the conception that I mentioned, "Primordial Spirit/Original God", it seems like a spirital conception in nature, but what I was pointing or emphasising is more on the physical functioning side of that concept. For example, why the intestine and the stomach wriggles, why the heart beats by itself and why sometimes faster sometimes slower, the mind or we could say the consciousness does not control that obviously.
What or who controls the wrigglings and beatings? Some may say: wow, what a stupid question! It just beats, otherwise people die. Similiarly, why the apple fall onto the ground? Wow, what a stupid question! It just falls, which directions do you suppose the apple would be going?
If you ask a scientist of human body, he definitely is able to answer you how it is, but if you keep asking why deeper and deeper, there will be no answers. We are in lack of "Mr. Newton of our times". So, the sages in history assume and later believe and approve that there is a command center that controls all these kind of body activites which the mind/consciousness is not able to control including the energy, and it was called "Primordial Spirit/Original God", and through practises, we can even establish the connection between the consciousness and the energy within the body via the "Primordial Spirit/Original God".
Old 18-03-2023, 04:10 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
But the body is the only physical place where we receive and retain from our communication with others, whether it's people, trees, entities in the cosmos. The body is a physical memory. If we travel the cosmos but don't retain anything from it, it's like wind blowing. ....
Actually remembering is the tricky part of the problem!!

Definitely, if persons actually experienced, they remember, and there will be impressive physical feelings as well even in samadhi state.

Quote:
But as regular individuals, we're just tiny workers in bigger plans.
I have the same feeling, and the tiny worker itself, as in the background of infinite universe, is interesting somehow.
Old 18-03-2023, 05:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Impressive insights about "self". Actually we may encounter many conceptions about "self", besides the "inner-self"and "outer-self" as you mentioned, there are others like "id","ego","superego","true-self", etc. you may notice that Mr. Freud did some research in this field. ...
My use of "inner-self" and "outer-self" has no relation with Freud, nor with the other terms you listed.

I mentioned them because I found it interesting how well their roles are described by the Chinese characters for the concepts you were mentioning, respectively the "originator" and the "conscious".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-04-2023, 10:04 AM
Hi, Please be aware of the actual topic...and if something is your opinion or personal exp -
Please say that ...rather than saying it as a fact.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2023, 10:16 PM
Master
The first thing we do when we enter this world is take a breath, and the last thing we do upon leaving this world is to let go of a breath. We sustain our human body with the energy in breath, which goes into our bloodstream and feeds all of our organs, skin, etc.

As we get much older, for most people, their breathing, or lung capacity, decreases. Practicing such techniques as pranayama, or the full yogi breath, can increase lung capacity. Illness or disease can result from a person whose oxygenation of their physical body is too low.

Breath control can also help with emotional control, and we bring cosmic energy in to our body most readily with our breathing. Most meditation practices emphasize breathing techniques. When a person is in crisis a counselor will often slow them down by helping them slow their breathing. Our breathing is directly connected to our thoughts, emotions, and the energy available to our physical body.

Breathing does a lot more then just keep our physical body alive; the breath which we take in feeds the cells in our body, and it carries with it an energy that is in the air, a cosmic energy that also sustains insects, plants, and animals. In my opinion, breath is the most important connection that our physical body has with cosmic energy. The cosmic energy in breath is what gives us vitality in my opinion.
Closed Thread