Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-10-2022, 01:40 AM
Knower
There are many books available explaining reincarnation. This is not a mystery. There is nothing about reincarnation that I would call odd or unfair.

I was born into a clairvoyant household. Reincarnation was taught from a very early age. Religion was rarely mentioned unless it was a past life experience or a present-world negative experience.

PastPilot
Old 22-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
My question is: Is reincarnation working ? To achieving its theoretical purpose ?
There are many individuals who know the reality of reincarnation, one just has to be interested enough to ask and willing enough to listen.

The question is akin to asking: Is the human body working? Is nature working? Are the stars and planets working?

Yes, it's all working, all is as it should be, Creation cannot be otherwise.

Last edited by Baile : 22-10-2022 at 07:26 PM.
Old 23-10-2022, 08:48 PM
Administrator
So true Baile

Namaste
Old 23-10-2022, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
So true Baile
I will second that ...personally I think the entire 'System' is brilliant.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-10-2022, 11:08 PM
Master

Sometimes I hate to admit how well it's working because I feel uncomfortable with my current circumstances hahaha.

I feel, it's all perfect as it is.

If it ain't broke...
Old 24-10-2022, 07:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
There are many books available explaining reincarnation. .

Unfortunately all the various explanations (books, lectures, you tube) lead to the states of confusion apparent when discussing this topic. There also (see above) seems to be a tendency to throw the Christian doctrine out with the bath water, this in order to accomodate the esoteric teachings of Theosophy or vaguely meandering New Age philosophies; imagined explanations pulled out of thin air to add yet another (let's say arcane) dimension to something which for dozens of centuries has belonged to the fundemental building blocks of Hinduism and Buddhism.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 24-10-2022, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Unfortunately all the various explanations (books, lectures, you tube) lead to the states of confusion apparent when discussing this topic. There also (see above) seems to be a tendency to throw the Christian doctrine out with the bath water, this in order to accomodate the esoteric teachings of Theosophy or vaguely meandering New Age philosophies; imagined explanations pulled out of thin air to add yet another (let's say arcane) dimension to something which for dozens of centuries has belonged to the fundemental building blocks of Hinduism and Buddhism.
You could sit with someone who knows, and listen to their wisdom, that would answer your questions. Understanding the truth of reincarnation isn't a topic for the intellect, it's soul-depth experience. Again though, one has to be willing to listen; to take in that knowledge with their heart. You're the one who can clear up the confusion you list here as issues. Those are your issues. You are creating a blockage to your understanding. You have to be willing to let all that go, and open yourself up, and listen, and hear.
Old 24-10-2022, 06:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
...There also (see above) seems to be a tendency to throw the Christian doctrine out with the bath water, this in order to accomodate the esoteric teachings of Theosophy or vaguely meandering New Age philosophies;
The problem with the Christian doctrine is that it makes little sense and leaves many questions unanswered.

Why would we have just one lifetime to determine our fate for the rest of eternity?

In this one lifetime one person may be born into a strongly Christian family while someone else is born into a family of materialist atheists. The person born to a Christian family would seem to have a significant advantage. This seems very random and rather unfair, if this one life determines our fate for eternity. What kind of God would design such a system?

Christian doctrine was established by ordinary humans with their own agenda. By rejecting the doctrine of reincarnation and emphasising the need for salvation in this one life they reinforced the need for their priesthood and regular church attendance.

Are we really going to be guided by the dictates of a few ambitious men of 1500 years ago?
Or are we going to use our own discrimination and intuition to determine which philosophy makes most sense to us?

Peace
Old 25-10-2022, 06:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You could sit with someone who knows, and listen to their wisdom, that would answer your questions. Understanding the truth of reincarnation isn't a topic for the intellect, it's soul-depth experience. Again though, one has to be willing to listen; to take in that knowledge with their heart. You're the one who can clear up the confusion you list here as issues. Those are your issues. You are creating a blockage to your understanding. You have to be willing to let all that go, and open yourself up, and listen, and hear.

It is, I'm afraid Baile, rather pointless to respond with platitudes and hollow advice. Any unsubstantiated belief will, at some point, need to be declared and become visible - otherwise we'll be treading water for the coming centuries - just as we have been doing since the dawn of time. Evidence of reincarnation (and of many other esoteric point of view) would completely change mankind's understanding of reality.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 25-10-2022, 07:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The problem with the Christian doctrine is that it makes little sense and leaves many questions unanswered.

Why would we have just one lifetime to determine our fate for the rest of eternity?

What kind of God would design such a system?
Peace

I agree, iamthat.

We now have, in the western world anyway, 'New Age' philosophies (if 'philosophies' is the right word: one hesitates to call it/them religions)
In my mind they appear as band wagons, everyone jumping onto them as they pass in the roads making life much easier and at last allowing room for those things we have always wanted to do but were afraid of doing. No more sin, no more constrictions on life, no more being watched the whole time, no more hell - although there is it seems still room for a heaven-we wouldn't want to get rid of that would we.

As they (the bandwagons) are constantly evolving and offering more places according to the surrounding imagination(s) new horizons open up in all directions promising us rich rewards.

- Mark Twain.