Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-10-2022, 09:19 AM
Master
New Crystals, turquoise emerald?!!

I went to the crystal shop only to get myself an opal jasper freeform, but came home with a lot more.
I did get the opal jasper that was in the example photo. I wanted that one and thought, if it's meant to be it's still there. And it was

And then I saw a small crystal, 1,5x1 cm only, light turquoise colour, rough with shiny spots. There was no card or description so I hadn't a clue what it was. And there were only a handful of them, 10 maybe. They didn't have more.
Turned out this was Colombian emerald!?!!
Turquoise coloured emerald??
Have you ever heard of that? I hadn't, I only know emerald to be emerald green.
This one has the same energy but a much higher vibration of it. It also feels like feminine energy, at least the specimen I bought. Couldn't resist as it really hit me.
I also found out when reading online that Colombian emeralds are the best and most expensive in the world. I hadn't known that either.
Mine is similar in colour to this. So this is not it, I got a small piece, 1,5 x 1 cms. But its colour is like this.

I also saw a Herkimer diamond blinking at me and it was simply gorgeous. And even though expensive as these are, it was very affordable. Probably from a purchase a few years back when things were cheaper.
So I got that. I already have 4, but those are much lesser quality than this one. Shop went to the Herkimer mine so this is the real deal, good quality.

I also got a tumble hessonite in wollastonite. Intuitive buy, it felt really good, and reading what it does that makes sense.

One I had not seen before: Australian dragon stone tumbles. Most photos online show green with orange/brown, but these aren't green but grey with orange/brown.
I have a push pull thing with 'em. I bought two to work with. Unlike the hessonite they're not expensive either.

The icing on the cake, vying for nr 1 place with the Colombian emerald... silver line Lemurian from Diamantina. My goodness that energy, shine & luster!!
Not all were as clear and shiny, but this one, gorgeous! It's a longer point that's part of a small cluster. The other smaller points go in a different direction though, horizontal. I have to be careful when holding it, but very happy with it!

I also bought a somewhat larger piece of sulphur. I got a piece last time, but it fell, and lots of smaller pieces broke off. I let it fall a 2nd time, grrrrrr. Clearly it's very brittle. But I love the energy so I know got a slightly stronger piece in, 4x3,5 cms with matrix at the bottom. Sturdier but will have to be careful not to drop it nonetheless.
The reason is that I like to put it on my Solar Plexus, then forget it's there, get up, and bang!, there you have it. Sulphur hitting the laminate floor...

Lastly I got a shungite bracelet. I had been looking for that last time but they didn't have it, now they did so I got one.
Since shungite is an excellent painkiller I figured it would help draw pain from shoulder, arm, wrist etc. when where a bracelet of it.

Funny thing is, I began to feel totally off when there. Something hit me, but I wasn't sure what was going on to be honest and it was quite bad.
Then later on home I suddenly thought of the bracelet, took it off, and in no time I began to feel better?
Could've been coincidence but it was typical.
So next time I wear the bracelet I have to remember to only wear it for a short time to see what happens.
Since shungite is a very powerful crystal it could be a li'l too much maybe? The way it cleanses and clears, working as a strong antioxidant etc. etc.
But then, I wear a shungite on my neck for pain (neck injury) for days on end without a problem...
Old 22-10-2022, 10:18 AM
Guide

Looks like you had a marvelous day!

I also wanted to buy Sulphur but I heard it smells and that's not what I'm looking for. Do you know yellow Brucite from Pakistan? It also has that vibrant beautiful color and it certainly doesn't smell. I made two pieces into pendants and one I'm keeping on display.

I've never seen Colombian Emerald in that color, it almost does indeed seem turquoise in color. If I remember correctly the color stems from iron rather than chromium.

I've had Hessonite in Wollastonite once. On Etsy I saw a pendulum and I bought it wanting to wear it as a pendulum instead but it was just too heavy. Very interesting looking stone though. I'm also looking for a Spessartine Garnet, together with Hessonite it really is attractive to me. Especially when they are etched which makes them very expensive unfortunately.

Never heard about the Australian Dragon Stone and not too familiar with Lemurians although I have one, I just haven't worked with them.

Maybe it's a good thing I live far from that shop, I would be broke in a minute lol.

I did post lately that I had an unpleasant sensation with Peridot but I couldn't help myself. I saw a huge very transparant tumbled pendant and I just had to have it. Been wearing it for a few days and it feels great. I'm just so attracted to Peridot but it's weird I feel great now with this one and bad with the other one. It probably was something in myself.

Oh and I do need some more Shungite. I bought a noble Shungite pendant a long time ago but it was cheap and I'm not convinced it's real Shungite and I want to be sure.
Old 22-10-2022, 10:30 AM
Master
Great that your new peridot pendant does feel so good!! Maybe the other one does need some cleansing after all? On selenite or maybe at that time you weren't a match (yet)?

Noble shungite... I bought that too a few years back, was supposed to be even stronger. I tried it on my neck once, but didn't get the same pain alleviation I do get from regular shungite. So as it is I don't really use the silver shungite.

As for going to LP... I also have to drive an hour to get there so I don't often go either, only when something calls me.
It was a half hours drive where I lived before. Very tempting, haha.

Oh, the AUS dragon stone is also called 'bastite'.

Also, the sulphur I have doesn't smell at all. Not even the faintest scent of sulphur :)
And I know what that smells like as I've stood on the edge of Mt Bromo's crater in Java, Indonesia. A dormant but active volcano, still spewing sulphur fumes which that morning were blown straight in everyone's face, hihi.
But these sulphur but, nothing at all.
Old 22-10-2022, 02:20 PM
Guide

The Peridot feels absolutely great but remember you said it is a real strong stone? It's true because on the spot where it would lie against the skin I now have a reddish spot, even though I'm wearing it over my shirt. It sure is doing something and I gave it a rest and replacing it with Dioptase for the time being. I will be using it from time to time. It really has that sun energy.

Good thing that you react better with regular Shungite as it's far cheaper! I really need to buy some for myself.

An hour is pretty doable. Unfortunately I can only travel by public transport so I have no idea how easy it is to get there. Sure would love to take a look. But financially it is a good thing I'm not living close to them haha.

When reading that it is also called Bastite I thought this sounds familiar but I confused it with Bastinite which is something else completely. There are so many crystals and stones that mixing them up is so easy now lol. But I surely will look up Bastite. There is something about Australian crystals and stones.

Glad it's not smelly! I must have been great seeing an actual volcano. This also reminds me that buying Bumblebee Jasper is also on my list. It also contains Sulphur and can look amazing. I might buy just a piece instead of a pendant though.
Old 23-10-2022, 09:07 AM
Master
Australian crystals sure have a special, unique energy. I've got 2 Uluru amulets. Kind of reminds me of Uluru even though these stones (thundereggs) are from Mt Hay, which is in Queensland, so quite the ways from Uluru, but energetically connected.
When I picked up an opal chalcedony in the shop, I immediately felt Australia. I looked up where it's from when at home, and yup: west coast of Australia, more north than Perth. Definitely an energetic connection to Uluru as well!

Amazing experience with the peridot!
Getting to LP by public transport is going to Bergen op Zoom by train, from there the bus to Heerle, getting off in the village and walking to LP, I think 15 mins.
For me wouldn't be doable by OV as it takes me close to an hour to even get to a train station (Goes) by bus. That's why I have a car. Can't do anything much here on the island without one.

And yes, seeing an actual volcano was impression! One of the most memorable things I've seen. Certainly the landscape around the volcano as it was porous lava so it sounded unreal when you for instance dropped a stone on it. It looked like walking on the moon. The most surreal landscape I've ever seen and walked through.
You got up at night to go to the volcano to see the sun rise whilst standing at the crater's edge. So you'd cross that moon landscape in the dark, very early morning. Since it was quite a long walk, many Javanese followed with ponies, knowing that daft white tourists eventually tire of the long walk and rent a pony, haha. We did too :p

But I've seen other great things too, like the Baliem valley in Irian Jaya, the inlands of the Indonesian island where Papua's live. (The other half of that island is the country Papua New Guinea). Where we went men were wearing penis gourds and nothing else, women wore reed skirts and nothing else. No electricity, no running water, no hot water to wash yourself etc. Petroleum for cooking was too expensive to import so cooking was done on wood. It was as close to being off-grid as I've ever been. Literally in the middle of -to us- nowhere. Getting there took some time in a small airplane, nothing but trees as far as you could see for the duration of the flight, close to 2 hours I believe. Like flying over a huge broccoli. Nothing but treetops. Sharing a small plane with a handful of people and a bunch of chickens in the back, not in cages, just tied by their legs to the plane.
We were told that we flew over area where headhunters were living. That sure makes you wish the plane isn't going to crash!

Sweet memories, haha.

Back to crystals... Colombian crystals also have a unique energy, and always high vibrational. More of these are coming up.
Old 26-10-2022, 08:45 AM
Guide

I have some Australian ones as well. A beautiful Boulder Opal and Mooralla Smoky Quartz which is pretty special as it's double terminated. I made it into a pendant. These are pretty beautiful and only come from that place.

I hope to visit LP one day, have to remind me to bring a full wallet though :)

It must be beautiful to see a vulcano one day althoug later I remember I did see one on Gran Canaria. It was a non-active vulcano and on the bottom was only one house with someone living in it. Very weird.

I wish I had made trips like that, maybe in another life haha.

I do have a Colombian Emerald piece I also made into a pendant. I think it was a donor stone and they took pieces out of it to make into gemstones. Not sure but that is how it looks like. It still does have some beautiful crystalline pieces on it though with intense color.

I also bought Vivianite, it's in the mail. Curious how it feels. Right now I only wear green stones that work on the heart chakra. Peridot is like a sun, very intense and you can almost feel the glow. Now wearing Maw Sit Sit which feels more laid back and not as energizing. Hoping to find out more about what it does with me the coming days.
Old 26-10-2022, 09:24 AM
Master
Prices at LP might surprise you. Not sure if you've ever been, but the prices in their webshop is not indicative at all. They just don't put very cheap crystals in the webshop as they do have to drive all the way to Steenbergen to send it off and they ship fast (every day). It wouldn't be feasible to do that for a E1 tumble or a E10 point.
Often a certain variety of crystal is in the webshop for E40+ while in the shop you can get one for E15.
And they have tumbles from approx. E0,50 and up. So it depends on what you're after whether or not it's going to be expensive. They're cheaper than most other shops.

OT -- so far I'm really crazy about my opal jasper freeform! I hold it all the time in the evenings :)
I carry the Herkimer diamond with me in my jeans pocket.
Sometimes I wear the emerald over my heart.
The hessonite in wollastonite greatly appeals as well, but can't use everything in one go. Sometimes, when not holding the other crystals, I put that on my sacral chakra.
Old 27-10-2022, 09:29 AM
Guide

I must admit that I looked up their webshop and I thought the prices were rather high. It's good to know that's not always the case when you visit them. Now I mainly buy online. Most of the times it's a hit but sometimes it can be a miss. Nothing beats picking a stone yourself though.

Opal Jasper sounds very intriguing I must say. I love Opal for the 'high' it can bring and Jasper is very grounding most of the time. I can't picture how they come together in energies but I would love to pick up a piece one day and find out.
I do have a Herkimer pendant but haven't worked much with it. Yet. Emerald I have and it helped me with that feeling of lack. It makes me feel like everyone is just alright, as a lot of green crystals do.
I just bought another Peridot so when my pendant is discharging and charging I don't have to miss that positive energy. Still a mystery to me why Peridot didn't feel right with me at first and now it does. I did do a lot of shadow work so maybe it's not bringing up as much as it did at first. Anyhow, I saw this crystal at first when I was very young in a shop once and I was fascinated by the color and I really wanted that stone but it was too expensive. That feeling of wonder never changed. Together with Aquamarine and Lapis Lazuli I will always have a soft spot for this crystal.

Same with me, I can't use all crystals as once. I also never wear crystals together, althoug I know I can. It feels too confusing to me.
Mostly I'm grateful that the love for crystals was brought into my life. I would hate to miss them.
Old 27-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Master
I only wear / carry plural crystals together when I feel they resonate. I think some of the new ones don't resonate too well when together so I have to use my own inner guidance.
Last night I put on my shungite bracelet again and it worked out fine. So I don't think it was that that threw me out of whack after my visit to LP. I wore it all night and was fine.

Opal jasper... some pieces had opal visible on the outside, mine doesn't. But that's not to say it's not on the inside.
They didn't have many of those. The person they bought it from in Madagascar only had a few himself and sold some to LP. Always wait and say if more will come at a later point in time.
A smaller freeform was less than E10.

As for LP's prices, they really are the cheapest crystal shop of high vibrational crystals I know.
Most crystal shops are much more expensive even though they don't even have the good quality, high vibrational ones.
They got close to 900-1000 different types of crystals.
The cheapest I ever bought there was lilaczanite for E0,10. I kid you not. 10 cents. And lilaczanite is barely available anywhere, has a wonderful energy.
In that sense their webshop is misleading, but I guess people that feel drawn to them still find them and go to the shop.
Their goal has always been to keep it affordable for everyone, and it is.
The Herkimer I bought for instance was E15. Try finding a good clear quality for that price. Some equally beautiful same size ones were more expensive. Those are from a later purchase when they had to pay more for it themselves. They then don't up the prices of the 'older' ones they purchased at a lower price.
I've been lucky that way with a nuummite too. Not a cheap crystal as it is. Then I found one in the pot of nuummite tumbles that was cheaper compared to the others. Same thing, from an earlier purchase for a lower price. So I got lucky :) And it was the most gorgeous one in the pot, hihi.
They use kilo prices, so have to weigh each and every stone and price them according to their weight.

In any case... for some reason I usually don't like green crystals all that much. Not sure why. There are some exceptions, like the rough green calcite chunks with a layer of honey calcite in them, green Madagascar opal, nephrite, and I can stomach prehnite too. Oh, and a dark green fuchsite with mica specks. Normal colour fuchsite repels me.
I love emerald green, at the same time I don't. A push-pull.
I guess that's why this more pastel turquoise one from Colombia did resonate as I do resonate greatly with aqua & turquoise colours.
Me and green and green crystals... bit of a weird thing, haha.
Old 28-10-2022, 02:07 PM
Guide

Using your inner guidance is always a good thing. I do that by feeling the energy through the solar plexus. But I also love to read about about them. However, it's more important how they make me feel.

It's great you discovered a new crytal at LP, that is the most fun. I do see tendencies online appearing at times. Right now I'm seeing Natrolite popping up. It looks like it's from Indonesia and it looks very much like a pink version of Larimar. I'm not that attracted to it but it's fun to google it and read more about it.

Weight is indeed important when established prize, so does size. That is also the biggest disadvantage of shopping online. Crystals can and will be bigger and heavier or smaller and lighter than you imagine. That is why I wish more sellers use weight as well. Most don't.

Nuummite is beautiful, I'm lucky to have a piece as well. It is a very old mineral and it also feels old in a way which is probably why it's stabalizing.

I have that also at times that a certain color doesn't appeal to me but I have always loved green stones and crystals. I have always been very drawn to it even though I usually mostly wore blue stones.
Luckily each color has intense and less intense stones. Whenever I don't feel like wearing a pretty intense crystal an alternative is always available.

Just got a beautiful blue and green Vivianite pendant today. One I'll be working with next. In daylight it appears blackish, but with backlight it is either green or completely blue when I tilt it. Very mysterious. :)