Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 24-02-2022, 04:02 PM
Knower
Where'd they go?

Based on paranormal research, I've noticed that the ghosts that (seemingly) prefer to stay here rather than "crossing over" (probably because of the way they lived their lives - and that seems to include suicide), are only traceable back in time maybe 250 or so years. Even at that time period, there aren't many that seem to be left here.

If you go back further in time - there are no spirits from those earlier periods ... no Roman ghosts, no Babylonian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Sumerian ghosts ... and there were people here LONG before that. Where'd they go? Did the finally move on? Or, is there a limit to this earthbound existence time-wise if you are dead?
Old 26-02-2022, 06:23 AM
Seeker
That’s a very good point. I can’t help but wonder if it’s to do with the times and how we’ve change over those centuries. Maybe all those years ago death was accepted as a transition to “heaven” (or nothingness) and so everyone just moved on instead of lingering. A mindset in life.
Or perhaps a higher source says enough, and helps them to move on.
I’d love to know the answer too.
Old 26-02-2022, 03:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Joseph*
I’d love to know the answer too.

Just to give you an idea of where this picture goes ...

Based solely on paranormal evidence, it SEEMS that they made a decision to remain here because of the way they lived their life. What gets me is the fact that it then also SEEMS the "front office" had no problem with that??

Considering the fact, again from paranormal evidence, that these ex-people CONTINUED to live their life here in the exact same way they did while alive, and this includes terrorizing children ... my next question is - WHAT'S UP WITH THE FRONT OFFICE? Why is it that WE have to put up with this?

On top of this (ready?) ... these "psychological problems" they had (and still have) are traceable to bio-mechanical genetic brain malfunctions, top of the list would be the inability of their earthly brain to create empathy. So ... why couldn't this problem be FIXED? People allegedly get "healed" when they seriously ask for it, so ... what's the difference?

Look at what's going on in the Ukraine ... "somebody" (and it seems I can't mention the name in here ) has a major problem between the ears. This kind of governmental control has been going on for thousands of years - it's based on the same "non-empathic" glitch (with other added mental-glitch features), and so again I have to ask - why is it this glitch can't be "fixed?"

There's a book you can read called: THE SCIENCE OF EVIL: ON EMPATHY
AND THE ORIGINS OF CRUELTY by Simon Baron-Cohen. The bottom line is that what we call "evil" is simply a bio-mechanical brain glitch. Yes, normal people do bad things too from time to time, but this "evil" picture is a totally different story. Regarding this "afterlife" ... not only have these people lost their lives here on earth, but it seems, according to what's called "hellish NDEs" ... their afterlife is totally screwed up too?

I dunno ....
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Old 26-02-2022, 08:35 PM
asearcher

I'm thinking Free Will - that I think is a universal law. Free will will then "stand in the way" of the "front office" to take over. That they are traumatized. That they are earthbound for various reasons, could be quilt, could be attachment to someone, something. That they can not see the light. It can't be easy to go to the light when you can not see it -where you're suppose to go? I did not feel as a spirit that I was alone, there's telepathic contact, and in one a loved one showed up (who had died before), so I do think they try but at the same time perhaps one must be open to it?

I have experiences - after past lives - where I was a spirit who had not crossed over, until maybe I was -- ready too? Could also have been that I was merely visiting??

I'm gonna try to get hold of that book, sounds interesting, thank you :) for letting us know. ( I keep ending up, or so I experience, in the lower realms now and then, and starting now to rely on negative verses positive feelings rather than good and evil - with that "said" when I have met someone who lack empathy, it stands out as cold to me and lack of goodness, safety, etc, and scare me to the bone, I can feel something is wrong, the energy's off in a way it's not with others. I'm trying to understand... but can't say I am there yet. )
Old 26-02-2022, 09:01 PM
Ascender

The ancient Greeks mention ghosts in their mythology, don't they? As long as there have been sentient beings (humans, humanoids, animals) there have been ghosts.
Old 26-02-2022, 09:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
- with that "said" when I have met someone who lack empathy, it stands out as cold to me and lack of goodness, safety, etc, and scare me to the bone, I can feel something is wrong, the energy's off in a way it's not with others. I'm trying to understand... but can't say I am there yet. )

As far as your opening statements - I guess we'll find out when we get there.

I've known narcissists and sociopaths ... and yes, you feel like you're talking to a wall most of the time. The thing to remember is they aren't all "evil" - it's the emotional" aspect that's missing. This "evil" aspect happens generally as they grow up if they are constantly attacked by parents or anyone else. If they flip out because of this, you now enter into the world of narcissistic personality disorder and psychopathy.

This is an excellent video regarding someone who never knew they were a sociopath ... and because they had a good life growing up, they didn't "lose it," and pretty much sound like other people we see all the time. It's called: Confessions of a Pro-Social Psychopath. The "pro-social" is his wording against "anti-social."

(There doesn't seem to be a way to post this vid ... so ... you'll have to go to YouTube.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqn6Z_Iss0
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
Old 27-02-2022, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Based on paranormal research, I've noticed that the ghosts that (seemingly) prefer to stay here rather than "crossing over" (probably because of the way they lived their lives - and that seems to include suicide), are only traceable back in time maybe 250 or so years. Even at that time period, there aren't many that seem to be left here.

If you go back further in time - there are no spirits from those earlier periods ... no Roman ghosts, no Babylonian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Sumerian ghosts ... and there were people here LONG before that. Where'd they go? Did the finally move on? Or, is there a limit to this earthbound existence time-wise if you are dead?

They either cross over at some point or are pulled into an other incarnation.
In the later case, they have no choices for planing their incarnation.
Old 27-02-2022, 02:58 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
They either cross over at some point or are pulled into an other incarnation.
In the later case, they have no choices for planing their incarnation.

Regarding reincarnation, this page shows it to be another "belief" that simply changed and grew over time.

https://mythbusterx.wordpress.com/20...-in-the-vedas/

It coincides with what the late Professor Leopold Fischer had to say about it too. So where are these "memories" coming from? Welcome to the paranormal.

In its present form, the way people talk about it today, it is quite old, but it's not as old as people hope it would be. You have only a vestigial or marginal mention of something like transmigration in the older sections of the Veda. There is the first complete mention, though very brief, in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, which is quite old. But the real assumptions having to do with reincarnation come in the Puranic age, at the time that the Puranas were composed, and then of course, through Buddhism. So you might say that it reached a state of common acceptance, I would think, around 300 B.C., but not earlier. So it is old, but in its highly articulated form it is not so old — and the way it's talked about now, that's recent; that's "Theosophical Society."
Dr Lee Smolin
Old 27-02-2022, 07:30 AM
asearcher

Hi, thank you for sharing, will watch it. (edited, deleted part of my first message to you)

Well I have had my own share with personal experiences with psychopath, narcissist.

I've in the past been in a failed romantic relationship with a guy who was thought by a psychiatrist to be a psychopath.

He pushed and he pushed during, after the break up and so finally I ended up with great difficulties to sleep and panic attacks and I had never had those before in my life, and so I had to see a psychiatrist, scared of what was happening to me.

And so then the whole thing unfold, that I was dealing with a psychopath. That helped to know. Also how to plan the exit. At the time I remember I thought he's not into me no more, he won't stay in contact, he won't try something and the psychiatrist thought I was way wrong. Turns out -- I was way wrong (I hate being wrong!).

At the time I felt ashamed that I had let go of my initial gut feeling of him, and just wanted to forget the whole embarrassing thing (our relationship). Forget it as fast as I could, just let the two of us move on in opposite directions as soon as possible. I was not lingering this on. He was at the discard stage, had been there months before the break up so I thought it would go easy, but for some inexplicable reason he then did not fully want to let me go. And I had to go. Then I did not think he would care that much but then he was at it.

I went no-contact, playing dead basically, cutting off anyone he would and could work through. Had to do it that way or I would not be free. Had to make sure he could not get back in. All and all people have encounter worse psychopaths than I have. I was young, I could brush it off and move into the crowd, and I knew it. I had my mind set to do that and not look back. The panic attacks were long gone then. At first though I did not think I had to go to such extremes to get him out. I thought I was very much easily replaced. I know how he used people, manipulated, saw it happen and it hurt to see, to know, when you are not naive anymore but you truly see what is up. People were like products to him, what use he could have of it, no intention to pay favors back or try to drag it on as much as he could. He would have a charming mask to those not close, we who were close enough like family, me, old friends - we were not treated well.

I think they should teach out about personality disorders in school, educate people about this so they won't be fooled and won't have their lives and, or their savings taken from then. I was however never financially used by the psychopath-boyfriend (in that scenario he had the money by himself, his background, not me). But i have read, heard lots of stories of people being financially used like that.

The greatest tragedy in all this is that they can't feel themselves love, empathy for other people, it's their own loss, but as they have never felt it they don't know what they are missing or are too young to then remember what it was like to feel such feelings. They can't help it later on, as you wrote too, that it is this damage in the brain.

I'm sure lots of people think that there is something wrong with their exes, LOL, but he truly does fit the psychopathy scale/ladder just perfectly, so I do think he was one.

They want power. They take pleasure in getting power, control over another human being. He tried that with me. It's what they do. It's on them but as it happened he had quilt tripped, intimidated me etc.

They're not whole enough to have wholesome relationships, but at the same time I do think they try in their own little ways, but then it gets exhausting to wear a mask all the freaking time and so then the real them turns up, and you get a shock of a life time just seeing that...it is what it is.

We more or less normal ones who can still feel empathy, still feel love - we're the real winners here, we have something so valuable in ourselves that they can not own, they can own the fancy car or the fancy mask etc, , what it now is that they are hunting or having, but they can never have that, and the peace that can come with it. So I think that is a tragedy. That do not excuse what they do, however.

I have had to deal with a narcissist too (different relationship) as a parent in law. I know where they are different this narcissist and my ex, the psychopath but both damaged. The narcissist I do feel sorry for in a way because I understand it got to be this terrible way out of the abuse taking place early childhood. I think it's parent in return was too a narcissist or something like it from what has been described to me. My luv has had control-issues but is not a narcissist, but a classic grown child from a narcissist. Had to go to therapy to sort that out. I am someone who does not like to have things too map out, too much in control and I do not control or wish to control someone else. I think in some ways I have been easy to control, as I haven't cared before so much about it, been partly blind to it, and not in other ways.

Subconsciously however as I have had dominant parent or someone desiring to dominate, this could have been normal to me, or home to me, and it was only later when you have invested a lot in the relationship and is vulnerable in a way when this whole thing starts (all over again), when you really get to see those kind of sides to your partner, but maybe they have been there al along, but in smaller doses so I did not react (as it is "home", "all is as it should be"-not). But it has been an eye-opener to me. Live and learn, I suppose. Ah, that is too something psychopaths, narcissist do not do - they don't live and learn, they are just on repeat. And that's sad too.

Last edited by asearcher : 27-02-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Old 27-02-2022, 02:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Ah, that is too something psychopaths, narcissist do not do - they don't live and learn, they are just on repeat. And that's sad too.

Yeah, stereotypical story....and I've been there too, from my childhood onward through - "love." To keep this short, I'll share something that you should look into, it was something I did back around 1980ish that was the right thing to do, and it seems there is a named approach to this: it's called "controlled empathy."

The best breakdown for this approach is to see it as "the parent and child." In other words, we know what little children are like - highly emotional, and too young to put 2 and 2 together logically. In a normal functioning brain, both the highly emotional and logical aspects exist, and regarding controlled empathy, the emotional "child" part of cognition should be put in its place by the logical "parent." It then becomes a scenario where "the parent teaches the child."

Over time, this approach does work very well, and the "feelings / emotional aspect" will actually realize its position regarding "thinking," and will put into the mix what it "sees" when needed. In other words, and regarding "love" ... it "sees / meets" someone it's attracted to, and there's a normal reaction when this happens, but it's the logical "parent" that needs to fill in the 'details."

Here's the 'parental' kicker question to the child: "Why does this "emotional attraction" exist?" Well, it exists for the sole reason we call "reproduction." Technically, it doesn't go any further than that. Granted, there are people who meet what's called "soul-mates" who are cognitively so similar, it's like being with yourself.

The idea is, if two people want to be together, that's fine ... it's all up to the individuals. I just find it nice to have ALL the information that explains the subject. If the "parent" isn't controlling the thinking process, the child is going to make an emotional mess of everything.
Dr Lee Smolin