Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Master
Empath hell

I am noticing my empathy has gotten a bit stronger, before i just used to sense other people's emotions, what they are feeling, things about them. Lately I cry when they do, today my friend messaged me with an icon of cartoon throwing up (don't ask why lol) and i felt it, that sick feeling is still in my throat and no cleansing visualizations are working. I had shields up during the day, they didn't work. lol i am feeling the negative energy of a cartoon!

any ideas on what i can do?
Old 25-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Murciélago

You could find a psy vamp. Me and my empath friend have a symbotic thing going on. I siphon off alot of the emotion she gets from other people. That way she feels normal and I don't have to randomly tap peoples energy feilds
Old 25-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Merlin6

Rosewater,

'grounding' jewellery can help, such as a Carnelian and bloodstone necklace, or an obsidian bracelet. Dark amethyst - (australian. Brazillian is the lighter one). There are others, but my wife has found these to be most effective. (I'm a leech).

Regards
Merlin6
Old 25-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Master
Hi Rosewater, I definatly can relate. I remember not long ago I was watching a true story movie and following it was a documentry with the real people the movie was based on. I started to watch it and I got violently ill, I knew the person who was accused of murder was lying, I could feel her lies, I had to stop watching the documentry. The movie had made me feel very uncomfortable and the documentry made me feel so terrible I turned the docu off. I grounded and put a bubble of protection around myself. I started to feel a lot better. Being an empath is not fun. Not by any means. It can also happen to me on forums as well if I don't protect myself.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 25-03-2011, 05:46 AM
SunMist

Knowing that what you are experiencing is not yours is half the battle because then you can work to expel it. Focus on the strong intention to push it out of you and then do whatever method works best for you - smudging with sage, rattling, imagining a light tornado whirling through you and taking foreign energies away. The key isn't the technique but making your intention strong and clear as you act. Now what makes me crazy is I often get tricked into thinking the energy is mine to start with and don't take action to push it out. Another idea....put energy into focusing on your own energy, dial it up, focus on where you are, how your body feels, etc.
Old 25-03-2011, 08:44 AM
münchen444

Hi Rosewater,

I'm sorry you're having such a stressful time of it. This empath "thing" is not much fun, most of the time.

I’m very much into prevention of empathic over-loads.

I have found, personally, that when I give these things energy, they become worse. When I ignore them at their first, initial signs (no matter how hard that can be, at times -- at it is very important to start ignoring immedietely after sensing), they usually back off and don‘t get worse. It took some practice, but it works for me. This is how I deal with garden-variety, “everyday” empathy issues.

Another thing I do is avoid those situations, people, etc. that tend to have a particularly draining effect on me which make me vulnerable to the empathic over-loads. Avoiding places, things, people, etc. that cause direct empathic over-load is crucial, as well, I’ve found. But preventing the drain which makes us vulnerable to such should not be over-looked, in my thinking.

When feelings do latch on, I don’t fight them. I just let them be. Sometimes they can be very anxiety-inducing. In the more anxiety-ridden scenarios, I do something nice for myself. Put on a particularly calming CD, have a cigarette and cup of tea in quiet, etc. I accept the feelings, that they are there, but I try to balance them with something tangible, meditative, calming for me. Something that forces me to slow way down and allow my mind and body the chance to process and balance it all by themselves. It usually takes care of its own. The worst of it usually ends quickly, this way, too. If I fight it, it just escalates, in my experience.

It’s a hard life, but I have found that doing whatever preventative measures is key. I wish you luck!
Old 25-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Knower

Be a like a- nurse be objective and be detached, you wont be able to help whoever comes your way if you are too busy dealing with stuff that isnt yours.
Old 25-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Master
thank you everyone! this is truly terrible! lol i have my own issues ontop of that other people's negativity is just too much! have tried crystals, smudging etc, so far haven't had much luck! thanks for suggestions hopefully something will work
Old 25-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Sungirl

if it is a specific person I have a piece of lead that I put on a piece of paper with their name on. It doesn't harm them but it keeps their energies to them.

Did it for years with my ex when I was still with him... I think it helped.

What about asking your "higher power" to take it away. Whatever you believe in.

You could also try Walnut Bach Flower as it is for protection from the influence of others.
Old 25-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Master
oh yeah it worked? i should try that

i asked if my ability could be blocked so far it's a no. i am hoping this is a past life issue i can clear through a regression. I don't mind sensing what other people are feeling, but cartoons? lol this is going a bit far.