Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Aeration

A good day to all of you

Hi everybody. As you can plainly see, I am new here. I came across this site using google and took a gander about and decided that I would like to share myself with all of you wonderful, beauitful people. I am a 29 year old man striving to live in harmony with our planet. I was raised Southern Baptist, but that faith never settled comfortably within me. The atmosphere there always felt stifling and they had very harsh and judgemental beliefs. Needless to say, it was not the faith for me. When I became an adult and moved out, I set out upon a spiritual journey to find myself. I've seen quite a lot in these short 11 years and am still learning new things every day! It was only three years ago when I first learned about the Breatharians, and I have not been happier since. I want to stress that I am not evangelizing my beliefs. Everyone has their own unique and beautiful path that leads them to the truth and enlightenment. My path is certainly one less traveled by, and is overgrown with lush and ripe vegetation to the extent that one can barely see the ground at alll! I wish to learn all about the countless beliefs out there. I believe that by getting to know all of you, I can learn more about myself. For those who do not know what a Breatharian is, I can offer a brief summary. As humans, we are able to discipline and spiritually enlighten ourselves so that the only subsistence we require is the purest of sunlight, eschewing all food and water. I am still in the process of mastering control of my physical self, and have only gone five days without food or drink as of this writing. It is a difficult path, but in the past three years I feel I've grown more spiritually than in the previous 26. Thank you for your time, and I hope to learn from all of you!
Old 21-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Moonflower

Angel1

Greetings Aeration

A very warm welcome to SF happy that you found your way here I hope you find something of what you are seeking here on the site we do have some lovely members always willing to offer advice, or guidance & from you we also learn.

I am familiar with the Breatharians a friend of mine met a lady who maintained that she had not partaken of food for several years & he had no reason to doubt her in the period whilst on a spiritual holiday he never witnessed her partaking of any sustenance only water, however, there have also been instances where people have died undertaking the procedure so I would also advise caution.

Me personally am a very disciplined person with regard to my diet & I did go as far as 3 weeks without any food just water & remained healthy with no side effects, this was not in any way connected to the practice of the breatharians just my choice at that time. I still regularly go without food for periods of time usually once a month for a week at a time I believe it is a good excercise & cleansing, restful for the system.

Love light & blessings Moonflower x
Old 21-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Aeration

It's so good to see someone who understands, Moonflower. When I meet people offline and they find out about my beliefs, they say that I am crazy or a liar, and I know it shouldn't bother me but it still wounds me deep inside. I have been practicing for a few years now and while I have never felt better in my life, it is a constant struggle at times. The longest I have gone without succumbing to the urge was six weeks and three days. :)
Old 21-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Moonflower

Hi Aeration

Well unfortunately sometimes people are limited/blinkered by the information that is already out there as in documented by professionals & they accept it as fact without question .

I personally have never really been interested in food & it is of little importance to me.. I do not derive any sort of pleasure from the process however i do not criticise people who do..

Just a suggestion why not start a thread with regard to Breatharians so that it can be discussed open it up to members .

Moonflower x
Old 21-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Master
Welcome to SF, Aeration! As 'Mother Goose'...I had to giggle at you taking a gander at this forum. lol I currently live in the bible belt and am surrounded by Baptists.... they are very nice people for the most part, but I would not be comfortable attenting their churches. I can understand why you chose another path. Hope you enjoy it here on SF!

MG

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 21-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Aeration

Many Baptists (and other flavors of Christian!) are indeed good people. Just not the ones I grew up with, sadly. And I am enjoying this wonderful board immensely! So much to learn.
Old 21-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Master
lol....I DID say 'for the most part.' I am sorry to hear that the people you grew up with were among those who still had much learning and growing to do. But as I say...too many times a day it seems (lol)...everything happens for a reason. You weren't born into that family by chance....they actually helped you grow to become who you are right now.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Closed Thread