Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
BOBJOB WROTE "I've heard similar notions elsewhere. Always conjecture without any data to support personal beliefs."

Can that also be said about some of your beliefs?

I personally do not believe any beliefs are set in concrete.
But I do believe helping people to reach their full potential is a noble goal.

I try hard not to hold personal beliefs in matters of the spirit. I prefer my ideas to be guided by spirit sources widely regarded as spiritually advanced by others way more knowledgeable than I am.

I can agree that efforts to help others realise their potential are laudable provided they do not build unrealistic hopes.
Old 29-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Master
bobjob said "I'd be persuaded by this and by your other arguments if teachers and guides had previously said what you have said. Perhaps they have but I am not aware of it."

The histories left by the Fox Mother and sisters and by Isaac Post, who appears to have been the chap that coined the word Medium, left us plenty of information behind to support what I am saying.

Their work, opened the gateway for people to rapidly become Mediums on both sides of the Atlantic.

And then the 'fights' began and organizations split over beliefs and some people fell away from such organizations. What started out as a 'good thing' somehow got engulfed in 'this is the only way' etc., attitudes.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-10-2021, 09:27 PM
Deactivated Account
You appear to prefer what happened in the past. That's not for me.
Old 29-10-2021, 09:42 PM
Master
... and you prefer that which has been changed, which is okay, but then not all Spiritualist Organizations and their followers have gone alone with the changes.

But then, if there was some order of unity among the groups, we probably would not be having discussions like this.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-10-2021, 05:49 AM
Deactivated Account
It's a puzzle. The history of ancient Spiritualism appears to have a hold over your thinking and you return to it over and over with obscure details peppering your postings.

Such obsession with that particular religion and its history would be understandable were you a Spiritualist. But you're not and you really don't - perhaps can't - understand the religion of Modern Spiritualism.
Old 30-10-2021, 06:26 AM
Master
All belief system have a history. By studying the history of a particular belief system, you get to understand how they have become what they are now. Can you imagine talking about Hinduism and never being able to mention anything of the past?

Can you imagine a person becoming an Engineer but was never exposed to the history of the various fields of Engineering? For example, can you image an Engineer that never heard and was not aware of any of the works of Euler, Newton, etc..

Old 30-10-2021, 07:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Your argument would carry weight if you were a Spiritualist but you're a historian, a finger in every pie but an adherent to no persuasion.
Old 30-10-2021, 07:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Can you imagine a person becoming an Engineer but was never exposed to the history of the various fields of Engineering? For example, can you image an Engineer that never heard and was not aware of any of the works of Euler, Newton, etc..

I expect there are many engineers who will have heard of the characters you mention and many who will not. Truly skilled practitioners are competent in their own right and likely have no need of history the way you patently do.

blessings on you Big John
Old 30-10-2021, 07:50 AM
Master
Maybe.... I should have said "How many Engineers can go thru Engineering School and never have been exposed to those Chaps?" Better yet, how many Engineering Schools forbid their students to know about those chaps?

Old 30-10-2021, 10:27 AM
Deactivated Account
I think you confuse a knowledge of certain details with understanding the subject they relate to. Engaging you is like trying to pick up an eel. You do make me chuckle lol!

You're not a medium but if you ever develop and turn into one you'll be able to tell us all how difficult - or easy - it was for you personally.

You're not a Spiritualist either and know only what you have read about it, mostly historical it seems. One day you might feel drawn to the religion cum philosophy that guides me. I would be honored to help you should you wish.

blessings
Closed Thread