Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-09-2020, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' the hippies thought that Buddhism and dope was a good match lol '

Well Moses liked his Burning Bush
You think Moses had an attachment to his bong?

Old 26-09-2020, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
You think Moses had an attachment to his bong?

Well from what I've read in the Old Testament He and others certainly did

Didn't He start His Shamanic journey when He first saw the Angel of the Lord in the flames of the burning Cannabus

I think God liked it,

YOU HAVE NOT BROUGHT ANY KANEH FOR ME, OR LAVISHED ON ME THE FAT OF YOUR SACRIFICES. BUT YOU HAVE BURDENED ME WITH YOUR SINS AND WEARIED ME WITH YOUR OFFENCES.

ISAIAH 43:23-24
Old 26-09-2020, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Well from what I've read in the Old Testament He and others certainly did

Didn't He start His Shamanic journey when He first saw the Angel of the Lord in the flames of the burning Cannabus

I think God liked it,

YOU HAVE NOT BROUGHT ANY KANEH FOR ME, OR LAVISHED ON ME THE FAT OF YOUR SACRIFICES. BUT YOU HAVE BURDENED ME WITH YOUR SINS AND WEARIED ME WITH YOUR OFFENCES.

ISAIAH 43:23-24

Amazing the things you learn, when you study scripture

Some of that Near Eastern, Assyrian (?) (burning bush, cannabis?) pagan cultural symbolism must have reached Caucasus perhaps - I don’t recognize the symbolism. Is that the "burning bush"?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvENQP4QXmY

Well, in Siberia people/ancestors did use fly agaric, but Shamanic journey is somewhat like “Yoga Nidra”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rogU4H6LlEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hM6_t-sLRA

You enter into your “energy field” (pranic field?) – so to speak - using the drum, and from that theta brainwave state you intend a target, let go and let your subconscious take you there.
Then it is like being ‘lost in jnana’ (???) subject and object division gone – thoughts are gone - you are just “seeing”….. and once you’ve gained the experience of your intent, your subconscious brings you back. No cannabis involved (I don't think cannabis grows in the arctic), just knowing how to utilize a certain state as a portal.

And when I went to the New Age Shamanic session held by these two fake shamen, I must say – the journey we did in a group was gooooooood. The rest was very dodgy.

I suppose Yoga Nidra is also a legitimate form of meditation though it is different than mindfulness as such.

Old 26-09-2020, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Amazing the things you learn, when you study scripture

Some of that Near Eastern, Assyrian (?) (burning bush, cannabis?) pagan cultural symbolism must have reached Caucasus perhaps - I don’t recognize the symbolism. Is that the "burning bush"?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvENQP4QXmY

Well, in Siberia people/ancestors did use fly agaric, but Shamanic journey is somewhat like “Yoga Nidra”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rogU4H6LlEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hM6_t-sLRA

You enter into your “energy field” (pranic field?) – so to speak - using the drum, and from that theta brainwave state you intend a target, let go and let your subconscious take you there.
Then it is like being ‘lost in jnana’ (???) subject and object division gone – thoughts are gone - you are just “seeing”….. and once you’ve gained the experience of your intent, your subconscious brings you back. No cannabis involved (I don't think cannabis grows in the arctic), just knowing how to utilize a certain state as a portal.

And when I went to the New Age Shamanic session held by these two fake shamen, I must say – the journey we did in a group was gooooooood. The rest was very dodgy.

I suppose Yoga Nidra is also a legitimate form of meditation though it is different than mindfulness as such.

https://nocamels.com/2020/06/israel-...nabis-covid19/

Please God it helps someone
Old 26-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Interesting!
Old 27-09-2020, 07:55 AM
Master

Yes , Meditation - transcendental thinking ,sublimating experiences (that too in a disciplined regular manner consistently and persistently) are essential to any religion .

I dont know much about trungpa . However if his character is not matching his sayings and indulging in clandestine deceptive predatory sexual relationships without accompanying commitment and responsibility, he's enlightenment is certainly is incomplete even though his sayings may be matching or even superior to traditional masters like Buddha . Because saying is just 1 part of 3 fold test for any person's evaluation in the eye of God . Thoughts in the mind and actions in the world too are extremely important.
Old 27-09-2020, 07:44 PM
janielee

Yes, actions are important, but I will not judge what I wasn't there to see for this particular case.

Old 28-09-2020, 06:54 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
I dont know much about trungpa . However if his character is not matching his sayings and indulging in clandestine deceptive predatory sexual relationships without accompanying commitment and responsibility, he's enlightenment is certainly is incomplete even though his sayings may be matching...like Buddha . .

Quote:
Well such things don't match Buddha's teachings at all. In the Sigalovada Sutta, Buddha teaches such behaviors are evil.

In the Sigalovada Sutta, the Buddha describes evil ways that should be avoided such as:

in the four defilements of action:
sexual misconduct (kamesu micchacara)

in the the four causes of evil action:
sensual desire (kama chanda)

in the six ways:
indulging in intoxicants

Thus spoke the Exalted One. And when the Master had thus spoken, he spoke yet again: Killing, stealing, lying and adultery, These four evils...

these six evil consequences in indulging in intoxicants
, these six evil consequences in associating with evil companions, namely: any drunkard,

adultery, irascibility, malevolence, evil companions, avarice — these six causes ruin a man.

"The man who has evil comrades and friends is given to evil ways, to ruin does he fall in both worlds — here and the next.
women, liquor, sauntering at unseemly hours, evil companions, avarice — these nine causes ruin a man.

Who plays with dice and drinks intoxicants, goes to women who are dear unto others as their own lives, associates with the mean and not with elders — he declines just as the moon during the waning half.

In five ways, young householder, should a wife as the West be ministered to by a husband:

(i) by being courteous to her,
(ii) by not despising her,
(iii) by being faithful to her,

Sigalovada Sutta: Buddha
Old 28-09-2020, 10:42 AM
Master
Just a though on what it means to say 'essential', because to say a practice is essential depends of the fundamentals of the practice, and the more pertinent question than, Is meditation essential, would be, What, essentially, is meditation?
Old 28-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Just a though on what it means to say 'essential', because to say a practice is essential depends of the fundamentals of the practice, and the more pertinent question than, Is meditation essential, would be, What, essentially, is meditation?

This subject is very old and complex. It goes back to the debates between works and faith in Catholicism. This debate goes back to the Protestant Reformation: Are we saved by faith alone (Martin Luther) or by faith and works (Catholic Church) The differences between what we do or are at all times and what we believe or say or "do" occasionally. It's such a deep subject, yet at the heart of topics like these and religion and spiritual philosophy. Put even simpler, what can we do to be spiritual, enlightened, liberated, or better persons? (different goals there eh?) Pray?, tithe? Join a religion? Become a monk or nun? Do sitting meditation? Help the poor or needy or sick? Chant? Follow a teacher, master, guru? Follow, or surrender to, or worship, Jesus or Buddha or some other God or Gods or a "realized master?" Believe in this or that? Help others unselfishly? Work on ourselves 24/7 in some way? Stop eating meat?

One well-known Catholic method of exploitation in the Middle Ages was the practice of selling indulgences, a money payment to the priest or monk which, supposedly, absolved one of past sins and/or released one from purgatory after death. Catholic doctrine has always taught that it is a sin to sell spiritual things, including indulgences, despite some wrong actions by priests and monks 500 years ago."Pardon me Father for I have sinned...." "Go say 10 Our Father's and 10 Hail Mary's"...... Is this different from joining some faith or religion or group that teaches one that sitting in meditation or chanting some special words or mantra daily will advance one somehow on the spiritual path? Will make one a more selfless kind non-judgmental spiritual person? Will make one advanced! Enlightened or liberated! A Eastern guru taught that one Kriya Yoga Meditation technique "erased" the need for many future incarnations....spend your life practicing Kriya Yoga and wipe away 100's of thousands of future incarnations!

The consequences of an un-spiritual life, of not being a spiritual entity, are not good...

Christianity: One day after death, you will stand before God, God will do an audit of your life, a final exam, before you enter eternity... God will ask ... 'What did you do with what I gave you?' ... this will determine what you do, and where you are, for eternity...Heaven or Hell as a belief to some.

Eastern Religions: At the end of your life on earth you will be evaluated and rewarded or "*punished" by karma according to how well you acted in life. That means everything you do...has eternal consequences...you will be rewarded by ending the need to incarnate, or by an easy pleasurable incarnation, by the bliss of being enlightened or liberated, or "*punished" by unpleasant future incarnations and experiences. *Not meant to "punish" of course, merely to educate or correct ones actions or behaviors. Karma is a passive non-biased force after all. We reap what we sow....(christian) every action potentially creates karma (eastern)