Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Master
Thank you mj.
Old 18-06-2014, 07:26 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
I don't think they were extraterrestrial. I think that is just a convenient idea to suit the built in human arrogance we all have to some degree.

Some of the ancient cultures were evidently a lot more clever than we think they ought to have been, so rather than simply accepting that they were clever enough to do things that we struggle to explain, things that were far too advanced for a primitive savage that didn't even know how to use a computer, we conclude that they must have been descended from, or influenced by, some super intelligent alien race.

I think they seemed so clever, simply because they were more observant than we are nowadays. Without the technology we have today, they would be more concerned with getting the farming jobs done at the right time so that they don't starve. And that would have meant tracking time and the seasons and weather patterns, without satellites and computers or complex machines. Which would have meant taking a very detailed interest in the stars, and build great structures with just the right alignments to track time by tracking what was happening in the sky.

This bears repeating!!! You GO--Badger1777!!!
Old 18-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
actually, it did not originate with plato. plato got it from solen.

I was waiting to see if you would mention Solon - the mysterious Egyptian priest - another part of the myth to explain the time problems.
Old 18-06-2014, 08:58 PM
elisi

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm

i'm not sure how people can explain these things away. i think the arrogance is, us thinking no one else could be more advanced that we think we are.
Old 18-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm

i'm not sure how people can explain these things away. i think the arrogance is, us thinking no one else could be more advanced that we think we are.

Exactly. Like modern people thinking ancient peoples could not possibly be advanced, because they should be wandering around grunting and hitting each other with clubs
Old 19-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Master
On second thought...
Old 19-06-2014, 05:22 PM
elisi

http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and...e-2475944.html

underwater pyramids found near cuba.
Old 19-06-2014, 11:50 PM
LeoJeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Spiritual does not necessarily equate with fantasy !

Your entire argument is null and void. To an atheist, everything going on here is fantasy. Either all is fantasy or nothing is. There is no grey area that you get to pick and choose from. You cannot be selective and say God, Angels, and spirits are real, but advanced ancient civilizations, fairies, and E.t.'s are not. If you want to use 3rd dimensional "logical" criteria, all of it is fake because you can't prove it with your 5 senses. Either you accept the impossibility of it all, or the possibility of it all. In this 3rd dimension, duality rules. fantasy is a word thrown around to belittle belief that anything is possible, used by those narrow-minded people who wish to create a set of beliefs that is comfortable for them and does not scare them in enormity. Skepticism derives from fear and acceptance from love. You have the choice to choose one of these 2 paths, and depending upon how far you go down either of them, that will dictate your reality.

Plato wouldn't have made detailed accounts of Atlantis if it was purely fantasy. There wouldn't be ruins in the bahamas if it was pure fantasy. There wouldn't be striking similarities to civilizations on opposite sides of the Atlantic ocean if it was pure fantasy. Again, your inability to open your own mind does not equate to nullification of its existence. It simply means you refuse to accept what is.
Old 20-06-2014, 03:08 AM
Master

I have read so much about the Mayans. There are so many different theories about the Mayans, I would not feel qualified to even broach this subject. Everyone has their own knowledge and which one is right?

I suggest you do your own research and make your own conclusion.
Old 20-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoJeo
Either all is fantasy or nothing is. There is no grey area that you get to pick and choose from. You cannot be selective and say God, Angels, and spirits are real, but advanced ancient civilizations, fairies, and E.t.'s are not.
This is something I have recently realised.
I have had a belief in 'spirits' and 'God' for many years, but being on SF has made me realise that my beliefs are no more credible than someone else's belief in TFs, ETs, fairies, ghosts, genies, Father Christmas or the Jelly Monster.
Spiritual Forums, despite its name, is destroying any spiritual beliefs I have.