Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Experiencer

I think I am done this time too at least for a few hundred years or so. I love life, but so many are so negative. People are intentionally horrid to others, they seek others out just to be mean it is painful to watch.
Old 16-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Knower
ive heard that suicide souls become trapped in that exact moment when they took their life. they live in that same moment forever its difficult for them to find a way out or to God in other terms... ive heard of this from a professional medium who talks to the dead daily and has connected with suicide souls before.
Old 17-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Master

dagmar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Well, I commit suicide in my last lifetime and I have memories of me from that point until right now. Yes, I had to start all over again. But that's my belief.
But then why didn't you write that ? I believe .... You wrote it as if it was fact.

Well it is my truth.

Quote:
Why would I want you take on my beliefs? You have your own belief system and that is just fine with me.
Well it's totally clear to me now it is your belief. I don't fight believes obviously.

I don't argue or fight. Period.

Quote:
No, incarnating is not fun. It's hard, heartbreaking work.
I wouldn't know. I'd like to believe you, but I tend to only believe what exists in my personal universe.
On the other hand, I don't see the point in you lying.
So I tend to believe you.

However, I don't see suicide as a failure. But then I also don't believe in purpose.

If one is in lasting depressing pain and one does not believe it can get better, then why prolong suffering ?

It's a personal decision. In some incarnations I'm sure most of us have chosen to end it prematurely.

Can one only learn it's lesson through suffering ?
Does cancer teaches us to hang in there despite the suffering ?
And what kind of lesson would it be, to hang in there because you might win the lottery and magically heal ?

Hmmm, lessons learned are not a direct result of a case of cancer, for example. Lesson will probably not be how to tolerate cancer.
The suffering might bring on more empathy, patience, tolerance, etc., in general.

Or does it teaches to not look away but the hope for the better without prejudice about the consequences of suicide and to respect the suicidal's wishes until the very end ?

I believe we all do the best we can.

Yes, I believe you when you say you had to start all over again.
But I do not believe it's due to the suicidal act by itself.
Actually I believe that even if you did not commit suicide you may have not learned your lesson.
I believe you had to start all over again because you may have not learned your lesson.
Assuming there is any lesson to be learned at all.

Well, I have the memories. And they are my memories. Unless you are in my shoes you haven't got a clue. You may have opinions or theories, but not facts.
Old 25-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Answer to the original question:

Nothing special. You would reincarnate into similar environment to learn the lessons you ignored or tried to avoid by committing suicide.

Life is a school and you get the repeated lessons until you learn from them and evolve into the next ''grade''.

Check out "The Present" from Global Truth Project for more details; it explains life in 4 pages.
Old 26-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Experiencer

Angel1

To sacrifice one's life for the sake of loved ones is the best and spiritual "suicide".
Old 08-07-2018, 02:11 AM
Master
Life can be hard, I'm sure God knows that much... I do.

Suicide is like saying to God, thanks, but no thanks... not today.

The lessons are always given... so help me GOD

I'm sure most people on their death bed say sorry... The pain to carry on gets blurred.

I tried.. it.

I lived.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Master
By committing suicide you may walk away from your problems hence problems aren't solved and you carry them with you to a temporary afterlife and/or immediately in the next incarnation. Your taking of life will lead to suffering and pain in others, pain that you will most likely have to heal again in the afterlife and/or the next incarnation. I realize there may be exceptions, like if you lost everyone. It is also trauma/shock and violence towards yourself, which as well requires healing. The person may be in great suffering/pain but the consequences to others should not be underestimated.. you can't walk away from responsibilities, sooner or later it comes back. I know it may suck to hear this but I think responsibility and facing one's problems are essential to spiritual growth..
Old 18-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Seeker

I just finished reading this thread and found it very interesting
Old 25-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
To sacrifice one's life for the sake of loved ones is the best and spiritual "suicide".

@Alice_1

I've thought about that a lot. If the short term pain of suicide is eased by the long-term peace that comes from no longer having to cope with a badly broken person, then, yes, agreed.
Old 28-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Hello

This is the hardest of all tests I face as a Medium, when I have someone come to me that has lost a family member or friend to taking their own life. The feeling of a life lost or cut short before it unfolded fully. To many its seen as "Sin" and that they have done such a wrong.

I have to feel that when death comes, when we stop the beating of the heart, that we were called back home. That it was our time, that we knew we we were done. Now assisted suicide is maybe where the lines might be blurred a bit, as one is ill and suffering and wants that path to stop. Is this a breaking of the natural life course ? I have been in Hospice with those at life's end where the meds are upped do that a passing comes with more ease. Its speeding up the natural course of death and to some its the taking of life. In sitting there as the person moves on never have I felt a 'wait not ready' feeling more its a peace that comes over them.

One reading stays with me, where a family member felt so strongly that the death by one's own had of a family member so put a black mark on the family, so opened that door to Hell's Fires. This family member was mentally ill of age where there was little to no understandings of what was wrong or what to do other than sedate and lock one away. Sadly most times this was after harm was done. This family member was being told to "kill" his family by the voices in their head. Morally they knew this was wrong so they took their life to spare life. To spare the suffering that might have come from their hands. I relayed this message but still it was thought of a Sin and a black mark on the family. Yet they asked me to make contact.

I look to how we do not allow our family pet to suffer, we put them down when ill, yet as humans we suffer on.

Lynn