Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Mayflow

I think the snake represents wisdom and also challenge. The snake is a twist of the mind and a slithering guide to the new, in my opinion. I've watched snakes as they slither around, and they have very sophisticated and sensitized bodies. Also a snake going around a tree seems to be an analogy of our DNA. In the center of the garden is the tree of life, and to eat from that tree seems like bliss so what to do? In my opinion, we learn from the snake and we learn about dna, and if I am not mistaken, mankind is in the process of doing this.
Old 15-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
a more Freudian story has not yet been written.

Eve says to Adam "Hi there, Adam. Is that a snake in your tree or are you just pleased to see me?"

So, you see the story of the snake as a story of the penis? I don't know. I had never thought of it that way, but it does seem possible.
Old 15-07-2012, 04:49 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I think the snake represents wisdom and also challenge. The snake is a twist of the mind and a slithering guide to the new, in my opinion. I've watched snakes as they slither around, and they have very sophisticated and sensitized bodies. Also a snake going around a tree seems to be an analogy of our DNA. In the center of the garden is the tree of life, and to eat from that tree seems like bliss so what to do? In my opinion, we learn from the snake and we learn about dna, and if I am not mistaken, mankind is in the process of doing this.

2 Corinthians 11:12-15 says much on your teacher Mayflow. The snake is clever, the one behind him even more, and for setting himself up in a tree that bears fruit could be considered strategic brilliance..

So then, what do we derive from this post?

It is nice to know your opinion.
Old 15-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
2 Corinthians 11:12-15 says much on your teacher Mayflow. The snake is clever, for setting himself up in a tree that bears fruit.

So then, what do we derive from this post?

It is nice to know your opinion.

That a snake is clever? Besides man, your 2 Corinthians 11:12-15 is just Paul saying that his teachings are the only truth and all others are false, which is not a premise I accept. I'd rather talk with the snake. A snake does call anyone good or bad and places no judgments on anyone, therefor are tons of fun to talk to. My teacher is a snake! I should have realized this years ago when I hated and killed snakes. Now they are my friends - finally!
Old 15-07-2012, 05:06 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
That a snake is clever? Besides man, your 2 Corinthians 11:12-15 is just Paul saying that his teachings are the only truth and all others are false, which is not a premise I accept. I'd rather talk with the snake. A snake does call anyone good or bad and places no judgments on anyone, therefor are tons of fun to talk to. My teacher is a snake! I should have realized this years ago when I hated and killed snakes. Now they are my friends - finally!

Exactly, this is what was shared in an earlier thread, about when one draws to a conclusion based on their presuppositions before even reading the text. Other times some read their own message or thoughts into the text and form their basis of an argument in such error.

Well, its nice to hear so many give their opinions, I was looking for much different information but this will have to do. Thanks, continue on with the thread but I'm done with it.
Old 15-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Exactly, this is what was shared in an earlier thread, about when one draws to a conclusion based on their presuppositions before even reading the text. Other times some read their own message or thoughts into the text and form their basis of an argument in such error.

Well, its nice to hear so many give their opinions, I was looking for much different information but this will have to do. Thanks, continue on with the thread but I'm done with it.

OK mate. I think am am falling in love with snakes. That is really good. To fall in love with what you used to fear and or hate.
Old 16-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
I'm a little teapot short and stout...

I quite prefer south park's version
Old 16-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
If you have the time Rev. Keith, please share any doctrinal differences between Christianity and New Age, I'd much appreciate it. I find thus far people are pointing at people, and judging Christianity by Christians and New Age by New Agers, but I'd like to understand better the basis of each "religion."

I'm happy to see thus far people engaged in this discussion without bashing, anyways, I'd like to stay away from a Gandhi type approach, "I love your Christ but hate your Christians".... I'm more interested in understanding the differences between doctrine or even New Age philosophy at more meaningful levels..

Such are the examples:

God is...

Bible:
Father
Personal
Only good
Created all things

New Age Thought:
Force
Impersonal
Good and evil
All things

Perhaps you can expound on this a little bit and talk about pantheism, monism, and holism, self-deification ect..

As a college thesis, this sounds like a great idea. As a follow up on a discussion forum, it sounds like a lot of work.

I'll take a stab presently at a few of the more interesting points.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 16-07-2012, 05:52 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Keith
As a college thesis, this sounds like a great idea. As a follow up on a discussion forum, it sounds like a lot of work.

Understandable Rev Keith
Old 16-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Master
TeeHee:
Quote:
Such are the examples:
Quote:

God is...

Bible:
Father
Personal
Only good
Created all things

New Age Thought:
Force
Impersonal
Good and evil
All things

Actually though, doesn't this refer to conservtive and fundamentalist aspect of Christianity?
All of the above, for example, except maybe about the "Good and Evil", could certainly be illustrated in the Scriptures.

St. Paul, for example, quoted from a Greek poet and tribute, about the "Unknown God", which he said he came to preach to them about.
Stating, "In Him we live and move and have our being."
Bible says, "the Earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof".
David said He created the stars, and the Heavens.

If God is Love, that could be considered impersonal also, and, the Bible states that He is,
"No respector of persons." True?

Isn't it said in Christianity that God is the force that holds the atomic structure together,
concerning the material world?
No?
Jesus also, concerning God being in all things, as well as apart, stated when entering Jerusalem,
that should the crowd keep quiet, then, the rocks themselves would cry out.

Is this Biblical support that Consciousness, Light, and awarenessis resides in all things in the world?
Is part of the fundamental makeup of everything?

Can a case be made that both, "Light" and, "Consciousness" are equated, and are resident in everything?
And that, Light (or energy) fundamentally makes up all things in the material universe?
God is Light, -Truth.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein