Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-03-2023, 04:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Ewwerrin: Please, God, I beg you....To transform this entire planet into bliss consciousness. or something without any suffering at all. Let all be in bliss forevermore and forever more.
From the perspective of human suffering, this is a most compassionate perspective but consider for a moment what you are seeking/asking of consciousness by asking for eternal bliss. Put in bodily terms, would you want to be orgasmic 24/7?

Bliss is the recognition of Universal Consciousness. Bliss is the "I am That." Granted, bliss consciousness deserves a little hanging-around but at some point, even bliss consciousness gets tired of itself and begs to be set free. Returning to the map of the 31 planes of existence, formless bliss is 'at the top' of the map, but because it still represents a desire to exist, like the hells realms below, it too, must go the way of the dinosaur.

Bliss is certain to come to those who discover the One Self, the Singularity of Consciousness. Enjoy it, be saturated in it but don't stop looking beyond...
Old 21-03-2023, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
From the...
... don't stop looking beyond...
Yeah I always want the best for all. Myself included. I cannot know what is better than bliss. I hope it is not a cycle back into hell. But it seems like that is the most likely outcome from all my life experience. I always go up and down and up and down. But mostly I'm down in suffering.

The higher I go the harder I fall. Nothing seems to be a possible escape from suffering. I wish bliss was as easy as my suffering is.

It's actually diffficult to suffer. but it seeems to come from nowhere and goes nowhere. endlessly.
Old 21-03-2023, 05:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
... I always go up and down and up and down. But mostly I'm down in suffering. The higher I go the harder I fall. Nothing seems to be a possible escape from suffering. ...
Have you ever read The Journey: A Practical Guide to Healing Your life and Setting Yourself Free by Brandon Bays?

It is a long while since I read it, but from memory she stopped resisting her suffering and went right into it. Where she found a deeper layer of pain and suffering. So she went into that. And eventually she broke through all her layers of pain to discover a state of complete peace. She then began teaching others how to do the same.

Your desire for a state of permanent bliss seems to come from your resistance to suffering. Which does not seem to be working for you. So perhaps your suffering is the gateway to what you seek, if you are only willing to go into it.

Anyway, the book might help. And maybe it is time for me to read it again.

Peace
Old 21-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So perhaps your suffering is the gateway to what you seek, if you are only willing to go into it.

i think MovingAlways also said that sometimes the path is 'through' rather than 'around'...
Old 22-03-2023, 05:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
.... i think MovingAlways also said that sometimes the path is 'through' rather than 'around'...
Yes, it makes sense that we overcome obstacles by embracing them and expanding beyond them, rather than trying to avoid them.

Peace
Old 22-03-2023, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Have you ever read [i]The...
... read it again.
Peace
Thanks, this might be the best advice I've gotten in a long while. embrace the pain as it is not going away. go deeper into it rather than resisting it which never works. maybe focusing more on the pain will help rather than trying to constantly distract from it. thanks.
Old 23-03-2023, 04:49 PM
Knower

Suffering is the gateway when wisdom accompanies the passage. Without knowing the why of suffering, suffering will continue. What is the wisdom of suffering? We suffer when we believe there is distance between the observer and the observed (belief in duality) because IT ISN'T TRUE. It's as simple as that. What is true is suffering free.

In the Bible, the Absolute Self is described as THE Word of God (singular/nondual). Jesus, as did the Buddha, revealed the truth of our nondual nature so our suffering would end.

Until no distance is placed between oneself and the world, until duality is KNOWN to be a but a temporary foolish dream of God Itself, suffering remains as God's (our) default experience. Again -- truth reveals the world or awareness or God CANNOT be divided -- cling to this truth and suffering will gradually and naturally disappate.

There is a theory that the suffering of God as the Son of Man is the way to Self Realization because it is the fire that burns away the delusion of separate selves.
Old 25-03-2023, 01:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Suffering is the gateway...
... delusion of separate selves.
So my depression, for example, is burning away the illusion of seperation, after which there will be no more suffering?
Old 25-03-2023, 06:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
So my depression, for example, is burning away the illusion of seperation, after which there will be no more suffering?
There is the approach that depression arises from suppressed pain and grief, maybe dating back to our childhood. As adults this suppressed pain and grief may rise to conscious awareness, seeking to be released, and it is experienced as depression.

Our natural tendency is to resist this process, because we want to avoid re-experiencing the pain which we have suppressed for so long. But the continual suppression causes us more problems and pain. We find release through fully feeling whatever it is we have been trying to avoid, resulting in catharsis.

So depression is not necessarily burning away the illusion of separation, but releasing the pain we have been carrying around will leave us feeling freer and lighter.

Peace
Old 25-03-2023, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
There is the approach...
...leave us feeling freer and lighter.
Peace
Oh my god, I so hope this! That is exactly how it feels.

endless images of my past are coming up as I'm feeling so depressed and I have to constantly cry with endless memories running through my mind like a projection movie. Endless thoughts and memories that all feel so sad and depressed.

What you say is so true! And I really hope this is just a temporary process, after which I will feel lighter. I SO HOPE THAT! You really given me something to look forward to. The light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been feeling so depressed lately. Extremely sad all the time constantly. And fearful too sometimes. Panic attacks.