Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 03-08-2020, 08:22 AM
Master
Hi Anonafox. I would like the forum to stay, because this is a nice place, and a 'traditional' forum that is just better than social media ((quick replies, echo chambers, lots of anger)). Back in the 2000s these kind of forums were a huge thing, then social media took over. Like other people here I've checked other forums when the closing announcement came, but they're either inactive or just not as broad as SF. We can discuss so much on here.

One issue I see is that there's many accounts that are fake. And spam happens, which I always report. Perhaps one of those ''human checks'' would be good ((click the buses etc.)) upon registration. All those accounts could slow down the forum, as LadyMay states.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Master
Do the moderators need more help? Perhaps draft in some new moderators.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:43 AM
Knower

It was 8 years ago I found this place at the beginning of my awakening, I learned a lot from people here though I doubt anyone here will remember me but what started with me learning here I still teach others now in other places online. I'm glad to see the place will be sticking around for others.
There are many people waking up around the world and they will need places like this to keep going so that they can make sense of the new world.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Master
That really is great news! Thanks Annonafox and all the awesome Admins and Mods, and looking forward to the bright future ahead!!!
Old 03-08-2020, 10:52 AM
Master
I was a member of a local spiritualist church and the community spirit was similar to this forum .

Every medium that visited said that the energy was the best they had felt in comparison to other churches ..

We had lots of workshops and functions and I helped with the healing side of things .

The people that had run the church got tired of the organising of things and the responsibility of things and they had other issues going on in their lives .

It closed down and it was met with similar responses as they are here ..

I suppose all anyone can do is go with the flow and either act upon what presents itself or not, fight for something that matters or not ..

We can only do what we can do and at times no matter what we do it cannot change anything .

It seems that the energy of folks here have got something in motion to revive some life back into saving the forums and that seems to be appreciated by many including myself .

There is the potential as other's have said to revamp slightly and build an even bigger community ..

x daz x
Old 03-08-2020, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Hello everyone. Just a quick note to say the admin is discussing the option to keep this going! Please continue posting and supporting!

Reading through the comments, it is clear this site means so much to so many. I feel it would be devastating to close it down right now. I see this more now than ever.

Thank you all.

Hi ..

When my mum passed last year she left a part of her with the puppies that she had . She has always had dogs, (border collies) in her life and when one of the puppies she left died suddenly it felt as if a part of my mum died again .

So even though it's not the same situation I understand how you feel about something connected to Matt in this way via the forums would bring similar feelings to feeling the loss all over again .

All I can say is that certain forums like these can touch so many people and I am sure Matt is pretty happy with that . Even those that just visit the forums and don't engage in conversations get a feeling of connecting and resonating with what other's have said .

It's a strength that this forum brings to people which in invaluable ..

x daz x
Old 03-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Newbie ;)

I was so very glad to get that email in my inbox today! As a new member I was rather forlorn that a lovely site I had just found was to be closed. Now I can relax again. Thank you.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraE
I was so very glad to get that email in my inbox today! As a new member I was rather forlorn that a lovely site I had just found was to be closed. Now I can relax again. Thank you.

Ditto!
What a brilliant email to wake up to!
Old 03-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Pathfinder
It gladdens my heart to hear the latest news!

When I had my original realization, that there is much more to our existence that what is physically available to the 5 senses; SF was my oasis in a spiritual desert.

I'm here nearly everyday; (6, or 7 years worth.) picking out a new thread to read.

I have not been logged in very often, and have not posted much at all in a few years.

I now realize that this is to the detriment to our community.

I'm more of a silent thinker type, but if it will serve our community; I will devote myself to post more.

This is my spiritual home, and I truly enjoy being here.

It wretches my heart to think this treasure trove of highly important personal, and spiritual information would be obliterated.

There's still SO much for me here. I have nowhere/no one else to turn to for these matters in my physical world.

If there's monetary issues, I would gladly pay a reasonable yearly fee. It's my belief that it would be totally acceptable if the mods, and everyone involved in the day to day workings of SF; to have something tangible for everyone's appreciation of this place (This may weed out some of the bad apples as well.).

That last part is just me thinking out loud.

Thank You for keeping us together. I want this place to be here, for the next confused soul who has nowhere to turn; when the universe comes a callin'.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
$250.00 starting donation made.

If more is needed, more will be made available.

You're the best BigJohn