Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 05:44 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
nothing much if anything at all. greener. the plant kingdom can notice something that insignificant. 177 parts per million plant life dies. do you remember when the story was backwards? growing up worried about an ice age due to the same tbing?

lots of things are involved. to pick on the most insignificant as if that is the determining factor is probably why they are always wrong and rewriting the story as things evolve. cooling. nope. warming. nope. now climate change. true. why? because that is the only comstant.

Like I said nobody really knows, since according to the scientists measurements we have not had to deal with this amount of CO2
in all of history that they have measured. I think their largest calculated amounts in the past was 300ppm. The rate of the curve on the graph is headed almost straight up.They predict it to go up to 900ppm by the end of the century.
I think it won't matter much what we will do.
I think all the present and future industrial activities will keep adding up to polluting
us into a no mans land by the end of the century.(Just my rosy outlook and faith in humanity)

This is the site the previous graphs came from.
https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...carbon-dioxide
Old 05-02-2021, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
On demand is a very smart move.
They really make great sense once you think about them.

If everybody threw out their hot water tank and got a 'on demand water heater', the savings would pay for the unit in a few months but the national electrical demanded would be greatly reduced. That in of itself would go a long ways toward conservation but is rarely ever mentioned.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-02-2021, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I am interested in seeing what industrial hemp could do to help the environment.
I believe it would be a win win win.
Hemp (industrial) is a very, very, versatile product with many benefits.

https://www.goodhemp.com/hemp-hub/en...ow-good-is-it/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashoka/...h=1e1a383d289b

GREAT POINT!

Hemp, centuries before, was used in diverse products.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:47 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What was out of balance, when the dinosaurs died off?
Ya got a point there John.
We could all get killed off by asteroids anyway.
Good thinking!
Old 05-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Master

When the sprinklers turn on in my yard and ant colonies go crazy, sometimes I wonder what their scientists wisely say ... Surely, other times I wonder what their priests say ... Then I realize that they probably have neither scientists, nor priest to scare them: they just deal with the issue at hand.

Do you think they wonder what they did to bring that climate change on them?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-02-2021, 11:12 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
When the sprinklers turn on in my yard and ant colonies go crazy, sometimes I wonder what their scientists wisely say ... Surely, other times I wonder what their priests say ... Then I realize that they probably have neither scientists, nor priest to scare them: they just deal with the issue at hand.

Do you think they wonder what they did to bring that climate change on them?

I don't think they do. But then I don't suppose the dinosaurs wrote beautiful laments about their demise as the comet was crashing into the Yucatan and the skies were filling with red hot dust and ashes either. Hehe, maybe someone should write one for them (there's an art project for someone - "the dinosaur's lament").

Perhaps the dinos were lucky in two ways, they couldn't see it coming, and didn't understand what was happening when it did. Humans on the other hand, can see it coming, have no one to blame but humans, and still can't seem to stop it anyway. Maybe being only so smart does not confer all the advantages we like to think it does. Maybe it is really a curse in disguise, IDK.

Anyway, I don't suppose those ants will wonder what happened to all those humans either. I guess being an ant has its advantages as well...in addition to preparing meat in the summer...or something like that.

P.S. If anyone does want to write a dino's lament, you could take some inspiration here. It is a beautiful lament about an ecological disaster caused by human ignorance, that humans ended up paying the price for. It's about potatoes, so a little different then dinosaurs, but you can do something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYRt...ndfhfz&index=5
https://www.lyricszoo.com/sissel/whi...iam-o-maonlai/
Old 05-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I don't think they do. But then I don't suppose the dinosaurs wrote beautiful laments about their demise as the comet was crashing into the Yucatan and the skies were filling with red hot dust and ashes either. Hehe, maybe someone should write one for them (there's an art project for someone - "the dinosaur's lament").

Perhaps the dinos were lucky in two ways, they couldn't see it coming, and didn't understand what was happening when it did. Humans on the other hand, can see it coming, have no one to blame but humans, and still can't seem to stop it anyway. Maybe being only so smart does not confer all the advantages we like to think it does. Maybe it is really a curse in disguise, IDK.

Anyway, I don't suppose those ants will wonder what happened to all those humans either. I guess being an ant has its advantages as well...in addition to preparing meat in the summer...or something like that.

P.S. If anyone does want to write a dino's lament, you could take some inspiration here. It is a beautiful lament about an ecological disaster caused by human ignorance, that humans ended up paying the price for. It's about potatoes, so a little different then dinosaurs, but you can do something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYRt...ndfhfz&index=5
https://www.lyricszoo.com/sissel/whi...iam-o-maonlai/
I guess you didn't get the point I wanted to make ("we are ants"), but it's okay.

Here's your "Dinosaur's Lament" by African Head Charge. No lyrics, obviously (dinos didn't speak any language known to man)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Fj1SgdJWI
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-02-2021, 11:59 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I guess you didn't get the point I wanted to make ("we are ants"), but it's okay.

Here's your "Dinosaur's Lament" by African Head Charge. No lyrics, obviously (dinos didn't speak any language known to man)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Fj1SgdJWI
I kind of like that, reminds me of some of the stuff "Dead Can Dance" put out.

BTW, I did get your point, but I decided to run the thread through the other side of the needle were I though the eye is. But perhaps you are right, we are ants. But maybe ants who can see the boot coming down to squash them, but don't seem to know what to do about it, or even agree if there really is a boot at all.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:26 AM
Master

Male, but not female, experimenters induce intense stress in rodents that can dampen pain responses, according to a paper published today in Nature Methods. Such reactions affect the rodents’ behaviour and potentially confound the results of animal studies, the study suggests.
Stress softens pain
When the authors dug further, they discovered that these male scent stimuli weren’t acting on pain pathways, as an analgesic does. Instead, the stressed-out animals had elevated blood levels of the stress hormone corticosterone. The stress had, in effect, temporarily quashed the pain response.

https://www.nature.com/news/male-researchers-stress-out-rodents-1.15106
And we know why "scientists" use rodents ...

So that's why they instill fear in us!

Old 06-02-2021, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

If humans can 'see it coming', what have you done personally to prevent it and/or slow the process down?

Closed Thread