Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

View Poll Results: Are you a mystic?
Yes 9 56.25%
No 1 6.25%
Don't know 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-10-2023, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
But the author seems to indicate that this repentance gives growth to sin.

There's no concept of 'sin' in Buddhism so your misunderstanding the Buddha's teaching...
There are Wholesome/Unwholesome actions/thoughts etc:

Defilements-kleshas) are mental states that disturb ones mind and give rise to unwholesome actions.
Old 22-10-2023, 02:46 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
There's no concept of 'sin' in Buddhism so your misunderstanding the Buddha's teaching...
There are Wholesome/Unwholesome actions/thoughts etc:

Defilements-kleshas) are mental states that disturb ones mind and give rise to unwholesome actions.

I fail to see any great difference….it boils down to terminology….the fact remains is that both religions accept polarity….wholesome/Unwholesome, good/evil etc. This similarity is what generates hope for mankind…..knowing that we can share common ground. The great mistake of all religions is the taking of pride in their differences….their focus is misguided……
Old 22-10-2023, 03:02 PM
Master
On some Buddhist Temples, they have murals that depict the many levels of Heavens in which the lower Heavens overlap the 'lesser' Hells.
Which seems to imply a person could be in Heaven and Hell at the same time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-10-2023, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
I fail to see any great difference….

The concept of 'sin' does not exist in Buddhism, imo that is a great difference so we can agree to differ
Old 22-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Which seems to imply a person could be in Heaven and Hell at the same time.

Heaven and Hell are states of mind in Buddhism. I'm wondering if the overlapping represents the mind being pulled from one state to another, I know very little about Buddhist Cosmology, it doesn't interest me personally so in truth, I do not know what it means....
Old 22-10-2023, 04:09 PM
Master
Buddhist Cosmology is interesting especially if one sees how it emerged from Hinduism coupled with such things as Animism......

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-10-2023, 06:00 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The concept of 'sin' does not exist in Buddhism, imo that is a great difference so we can agree to differ

Would then murder just be regarded as unwholesome with no connotation of right or wrong ?
Old 22-10-2023, 07:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Would then murder just be regarded as unwholesome with no connotation of right or wrong ?

1st Precept.

Abstain from taking life - Right Action..... Right action - skillful, wrong action - unskillful, rather than right/wrong.....
Old 23-10-2023, 01:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Obviously when youre on “the same page as others” the conversation is a whole different ball game and you can relax and bring up any kind of subject.
i wish i found someone to be on the same page with lol
Quote:
Quote: if you have the option of being right or being kind. Choose kind.
yeah any more it works for me too.
Old 23-10-2023, 01:57 PM
Master

Sky #75

Yes I must agree with your comments. Heaven and hell do not exist except in the persons mind. We create our own heaven or hell. Imo

#77 and #78

I feel there is probably no right and no wrong when we look at the big picture, that is from the spiritual point of view. None of us know about a persons past lives, karma or what another person needs for their spiritual growth.

When we judge some thing right or wrong we are making a judgement based on what our physical self can see and feel. And when we judge something as wrong it may be the complete opposite from another perspective. Imo