Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-04-2024, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And this is why I don't hold back that I think teaching this type of, eternal damnation, is 'Child Abuse'.

It is certainly 'Child Abuse' and the sad thing is that some of these children will educate their own children with similar beliefs and the circle is difficult to break, childhoods are stolen....
Old 27-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Guide

Quote:
teaching this type of, eternal damnation, is 'Child Abuse'.
Yes I agree. It is child abuse. A form of emotional and mental torture.
Old 27-04-2024, 05:53 PM
Master

Quote:
And this is why I don't hold back that I think teaching this type of, eternal damnation, is 'Child Abuse'.

When I read that link about "God and Evil" talking about the astral planes and so on it mentioned how the astral planes are at different levels and we end up in the level we belong in with others at our level. So we are "spiritually segregated" in a sense, set apart from each other or divided. Which I think would be a good thing really. One bad person in a group can completely mess up a group.

And then I was watching a prison show on netflix, that one where they took out the guards and opened the doors as an experiment and seeing how terrible the prison environments are, so depressing, I thought can't we do it like the astral world? Just take all the violent types and put them all on the same island? Let them figure it out? I thought this would be better than prison. Isn't that what they did on Australia? Anyway I then thought of the children that could be born on this island and thought oh that's not good. You fill an island with violent people and let them make innocent children born into this bad environment. The existence of possible children made me think it's not a good idea.

But you bring up a excellent point of children being subjected to bad things. I had two abusive parents. I think it's a karmic thing. Even though I had a terrible childhood and was subjected to all kinds of terrible things, I think I learned various things from the experience. I think that has to be the reason. For us to learn and grow through these bad situations we may find ourselves in. I think a lot of compassion and empathy and understanding can come from these bad situations. What better way to understand "unconscious negativity" and aggression and so on than to live with two people for 18 years who show such things constantly.

This song by the Crash Test Dummies. The lyrics are based on a friend the singer had while growing up that was raised by fundamental Christian parents in a certain denomination. He said in an interview "(their parents) they seemed to lose their minds (at church). They seemed to just become different people, and it really terrified her. It made a big mark on her, emotionally. It was a scarring experience, I would say."

I've encountered a lot of abusive religious types in this life, I think I've learned a lot from these experiences. It makes you dig deeper into what is "spirituality" really I think.

Song lyrics last verse: "But both girl and boy were glad
'Cause one kid had it worse than that..."

But then if one believes in such things as talking in tongues it would not seem bad at all. Instead seen as a good thing to experience. If one believes in hell and teaches that to their kids, they believe they are helping their kids.

https://youtu.be/eTeg1txDv8w?si=SEV8grNDXMOXDUc5
Old 27-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Master

A teaching on hell. I agree for sure it can be harmful. But I think a belief in the existence of such a place is not harming in itself. It also depends on how the place is conceptualized. In the Apostles Creed Jesus goes to hell to save some souls there. So in that sense, it is not eternal. One can be saved there.

"(Jesus) descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from
the dead; he ascended into heaven"

Telling a child they are going there or belong there or they are going there unless they do x, y, or z is harmful. That's just like telling kids Santa has a naughty and nice list and they are on the naughty list. Or telling kids the "elf on the shelf" is really alive and watching you at all times to determine if you are good or bad.

That link by Spirit Guide Sparrow talks about the place called hell. He believes in the existence of place "bad" people go.

Quote: "Hell then, might be considered a place, for there is a ‘place’ for all beings and all things in the spirit world. So then, those of hell-ish standing, who resonate an energy of great negativity, hate, anger and cruelty have a ‘place’ of their own in the spirit world."

A big difference though, while conceptualizing or believing a hell type place exists, is believing one can get free of it. That it is not eternal punishment. Though I assume one can be there a very long time. I think in that link "thousands of years" is mentioned as how long it may take one to learn something or change.

But I've read about a hell type place in the astral world everywhere. Very bad people or souls end up there. It is a terrible place experience wise. But one can get free of it as a potential. Imagine the worse humans that exist, full of hate and anger, they harmed many many people, did the worse things possible, and all of them in the same astral place, all next to each other, in a place where one's thoughts and drives can become real experience.

On a related note in a book where people are remembering time between lives, one person mentions souls can be permanently erased if they continue down a dark path in spite of many incarnations designed to get them to change. So if that is true, "eternal" may be real, not in the sense of being tortured, but in the sense of existing as a entity.
Old 27-04-2024, 07:35 PM
Guide

Personally i don't believe in hell therefore there is no hell. Those who believe in hell may create experiences that appear to be hellish. But such a hell would be an illusion. It may appear to exist for people who believe in it but hell is not real.
Old 27-04-2024, 07:47 PM
Master
To me, this thread is mainly about Judaism and not really about Christianity.

So why are we discussing what appears to be, how bad the Jewish deities are?

Does that open 'the door' to talk 'bad' about other deities?
Just wondering?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-04-2024, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
In the Apostles Creed Jesus goes to hell to save some souls there.

Nowhere in the Apostles Creed does in mention 'to save some souls there. Earlier versions of the Creed didn't even mention 'descent into hell'. Jesus told the repentant thief on the Cross that He would be with Him in Paradise on the same day of their crucifixion, so if He was in Paradise He couldn't be in Hell.

Christ “descended into the grave.” (The Greek form has hadēs, which can mean just “grave,” not geenna, “hell, place of punishment.”).
Old 27-04-2024, 08:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Personally i don't believe in hell therefore there is no hell. Those who believe in hell may create experiences that appear to be hellish. But such a hell would be an illusion. It may appear to exist for people who believe in it but hell is not real.

Yes, your thoughts become your reality...

Proverbs 4:23-25
23 "Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life."
Old 27-04-2024, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To me, this thread is mainly about Judaism and not really about Christianity.

So why are we discussing what appears to be, how bad the Jewish deities are?

Does that open 'the door' to talk 'bad' about other deities?
Just wondering?

You seem to be contributing to it , just wondering
Old 27-04-2024, 08:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To me, this thread is mainly about Judaism and not really about Christianity. So why are we discussing what appears to be, how bad the Jewish deities are?

Who would be the deities of the new testament? I was thinking Jesus of course as Christianity says Jesus is God. But then did Jesus say or believe he was God?

Luke 18:19
New International Version
19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

In that passage Jesus seems to be saying he is not God. Did God have a name in the new testament? I know he was referred to as "the Father."

The trinity maybe?