Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-05-2024, 06:14 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Wouldn`t all experiences a person have, also be an unreal dream or illusion?
Yup.

In ancient India there was a King called Janak. One day, after having eaten a filling lunch, King Janak fell asleep and dreamed he had lost a battle, his kingdom and ran for his life to a forest. Now he was hungry and was a beggar looking for food.

Extremely hungry and thirsty, he desperately approached a hut from which an old lady gave him rice & Dal (Lentils) and told him to cook his own meal. King cooked food and as he was about to eat a dog came and snatched his food and ran away.

King suddenly awoke in a sweat. He was in his quiet, serene palace, with a full stomach and servants fanning him. He was then confronted with the question of What was real? Was he a beggar, as in the nightmare, or he is a king?

With this question, King Janak assembled all of his advisors. All attempted to give an explanation, but Janak was not satisfied with any of their answers.

Then a young crooked boy Ashtavakra entered the court and surprised everyone with the answer: “King Janaka, neither beggar nor emperor is real. You alone are real. You, yourself, are the truth. The you who was present as pure consciousness in the dream state playing the role of the beggar and who is present in the waking state playing the role of the king, this you who witnessed both these states, is your true reality.
Old 11-05-2024, 09:00 PM
Ah, I know Ashtavakra well, because of Unseeking Seeker.
I can say his name without looking at it in writing, even!

''Ashtavakra Gita is a dialogue between Ashtavakra and Janaka on the nature of Self/Atman, reality and bondage.
The Gita insists on the complete unreality of the external world and absolute oneness of existence.''

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-05-2024, 10:38 PM
Pathfinder
Loved that story, JASG. It's so right. That clear wisdom has been around for so long, pointing humans to the heart of our being, beyond the world, beyond the dream.
Old 12-05-2024, 02:11 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, I know Ashtavakra well, because of Unseeking Seeker.
From "The Heart of Awareness" - A translation of the Ashtavakra Gita by Thomas Byrom:

I am in all things,
From Brahma to a blade of grass.

When you know this,
You have no thought
For success or failure
Or mind's inconsistency

From Kipling's "If--":

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
Old 12-05-2024, 02:29 AM
Master
Hmmm ~ must browse through Thomas Byrom’s book then.
Old 12-05-2024, 11:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Hmmm ~ must browse through Thomas Byrom’s book then.
It's kind of like an interpretive translation oriented to the Western mind.
Old 13-05-2024, 05:48 AM
Master
And so, once the consciousness is understood, one is left with unconditional freedom, to be, do or have anything one so desires, by merely giving it your attention, which is indicated by the good feeling emotion you feel when doing that.
Old 13-05-2024, 09:18 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
And so, once the consciousness is understood, one is left with unconditional freedom, to be, do or have anything one so desires, by merely giving it your attention, which is indicated by the good feeling emotion you feel when doing that.
Desire is a reaction to a feeling of lacking. Life would be better if only <insert desire>. Desire and aversion are joined at the hip. One cannot exist without the other and there's always something more to desire.

Consciousness has no such desires (or aversions!). That would be mind and the root of all suffering.
Old 13-05-2024, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
Desire is a reaction to a feeling of lacking.
... mind and the root of all suffering.
Any desire is possible. For example, if you prefer to have no desire and no emotion, that is also a desire that can yield equal satisfaction to any other desire. There is truely no limit on what reality you want to create. Your freedom as consciousness is unconditional. No condition can limit your ability to be, do or have anything you so desire.

So if you have a preference for being less reactive, live a more conscious and deliberate life, and be more tolerant, suffer less. It's all well and good. There is no rule on what you should want or not, all desires are valid. No one has the key to your heart. Only you can think and feel your emotions as you think, to know what it is you prefer.

Desire being the root of suffering is a mistranslation. The original word is "yearning".
To focus on the absence of what you want is (yearning) the root of all suffering.
In other words, focusing on what you don't want, (to not have what you want), will yield negative emotion.

This negative emotion does not exists for you to suffer. It helps clarify and remind oneself to their own preference or desire. If you know what you don't want, you know more clearly what you do want.

And when you place your awareness more consistently upon what you do want, you will feel positive emotion. And so the reality that your consciousness will manifest, will be equally pleasing as what you have decided you want and chosen to give your attention to.

And thus what will manifest out of that will be an extension of your unconditional freedom to be, do or have anything you so desire.

Consciousness creates reality, by using unconditional freedom to give unconditional attention to what is preferred, which will yield the reality of ones own preference.

So to give a rule of thumb on how to approach reality is a misunderstanding. When consciousness can choose freely what reality to create, it can equally choose how to behave in their own reality. It can even choose a behaviour that it doesn't like, and then clarify their desire and yield even more satisfaction out of that more calibrated realisation of ones own desire. Because that behaved reality is also what you create with your own consciousness. And no behaviour, like any condition, can limit your consciousness to choose whatever it is you prefer.

So if someone doesn't like their own behaviour, they will feel negative emotion, reminding them that their perspective of their own behaviour is not in line with their own greater non-physical source consciousnss and the greater knowing that it has about whatever subject you are looking at (own behaviour).

For example, I am behaving rude to other people, I feel bad. Meaning, my source has a different perspective on that, and is creating a different reality also on my behalf.
Then I focus on my preference, "I am a kind person and I wanna invite all people to the joy that is their eternal purpose as eternal consciousness."
Now I have focused on what I do desire. And thus I feel positive emotion. Indicating that my source agrees with that focus/perspective of my consciousness.
And the reality that is yielded out of that, will be equally pleasing and reflective of the reality I have indeed chosen to manifest and recognized, emotionally and energy motionally, to be indeed of my own preference/desire. As the positive emotion indicates that it is also backed by Source Energy, the energy which creates worlds.

So your entire eternal nature as consciousness exists for the ever expanding satisfaction and joy of your ever expanding and evolving desire.

As the enjoyment of every desire, by the consciousness that allows itself to take its awareness and place it on their own preference, will yield a reality that is of their preference, which will be enjoyed and furthermore yield even more inspired desires for this consciousness to enjoy and thus create more of.

The eternal joyful journey of consciousness truely never ends.
Old 13-05-2024, 02:10 PM
Quote:
That would be mind and the root of all suffering.
I have heard for a long time ''desire is the root of all suffering''.
I always like to add my 10 cents....it is NOT.
Unfulfilled desire can cause suffering - with disappointment, frustration, discouragement, sadness...whatever.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru